Internal Only Notes
By Mary Cooper
updated about 2 months ago
As you communicate with the client, you will likely accumulate a variety of information that you will need to keep in mind while preparing their documents. Such information can be stored as internal notes inside of TaxDome. That way, all team members assigned to the client will have access to the information. These internal notes are intended for your staff only, they are not visible to clients.
- Creating a Note
- Changing a Client's Name During Creating a Note
- Managing Notes
- Flagging a Note as Important
- Editing Notes
Creating a Note
To create a new note:
1. Click on the +NEW button in the Sidebar, select Note, then select the client from the list. You can see the five most recent clients here. If the client you are searching for is not among them, start typing their name, ID or email.
Please note: If the note you’re creating is for a different client than the one you originally chose, you can always specify another in the note creation window that follows (See how).
2. Click on Write new note and start typing. You can use text formatting, bullets, numbered lists, and also insert links.
3. Click on SAVE to add the note.
Changing a Client's Name During Creating a Note
Usually, you select the client's name before creating a note. However, sometimes it is the reverse:
If you clicked +NEW button and then selected Note while inside a client’s profile, you probably are looking to create a note for that particular client. That’s why the next step will be create a note without the client-selection option.
If you mistakenly selected the wrong client.
You can still choose another client’s name once the note creation window comes up:
1. Click the client's name at the top of the window. You’ll see a list containing your five most recent clients. If the one you are looking for does not appear there, type their name, ID, or email into the search field.
2. Click the CHANGE CLIENT button.
Please note: Changing the client will clear all fields, so you may want to copy a note before changing the client. You will be able to paste it later.
All notes can be either active or archived. All created notes are displayed in the Active tab. Once you no longer need the note, you can transfer it to the archive by clicking on the Move to archive icon.
You can also move the archived note to the Active tab by clicking the Move to Active link in the Archived tab.
To delete a note, you first need to move it to the archive. Next, go to the Archived tab and click on the Delete link.
Flagging a Note as Important
You can designate a note to be always displayed at the top of your list by clicking on the Pin icon. This is helpful if there’s a note you often refer to or the important one. If there are several notes pinned, they all will be displayed at the top of your list.
Editing a Note
To make changes to a note, click on the Edit icon, then make the required changes and click on SAVE.