Invoices (Advanced): Pay on Behalf of a Client
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
Your clients can always pay their invoices from their portal. However, sometimes they might want you to pay an invoice on their behalf with their credit card or using their available credits.
- Paying an Invoice with Credits (Fully or Partially)
- Paying an Invoice by Processing a Credit Card or Entering Bank Account Details
Paying an Invoice with Credits (Fully or Partially)
If a client has available credits in their account, you can pay an invoice for them either when creating the invoice or anytime after.
- When you create an invoice and the invoice is equal to or less than the client’s available credits, you can select the Pay invoice using client credits checkbox. If that is the case and you issue the invoice, it will automatically be marked as paid.
- To pay an existing invoice with available credits, go to either your firm’s Invoices section or the Invoices section of the client’s profile, click the three-dots icon next to it, then select Pay Invoice.
- If the amount of the available credit is more than or equal to the invoice, the invoice will be marked as paid.
- If the amount of the available credit is less than the invoice, the available credit is deducted from the invoice, and the difference will need to be paid by providing the client's credit card details.
Once the invoice is marked as paid, you’ll receive a notification about the payment in your Inbox+.
Paying an Invoice by Processing a Credit Card or Entering Bank Account Details
To pay an invoice for a client with their credit card or by entering their bank account details:
1. Go to either your firm’s Invoices section or the Invoices section of the client’s profile.
2. Click the three-dots icon next to the invoice, then select Pay Invoice or...
...select one or more invoices from the list, and then click the Pay Invoice button.
3. Enter the bank account or credit card details, then proceed with the payment.
4. The invoice will then be marked as paid, and you’ll receive a notification about the payment in your Inbox+.