Your All-in-One Notification Center: Inbox+
updated about 20 hours ago
Inbox+ is not just for browsing email. It’s designed as a kind of hub: the place where you’ll start and finish your projects, receive important notifications that will keep your work on track, create tasks, view and download documents, save attachments, and more—all on a single page.
You’ll receive notifications on TaxDome whenever client-related events occur, and Inbox+ will let you know what status those notifications are in—whether you have gotten around to reviewing them or not.
- Team members receive notifications generated by client accounts assigned to them.
- Firm owners receive notifications generated by client accounts that are not assigned to any team members.
- You can change your notification preferences when needed.
You will receive notifications when:
- A client registers on their own via the SIGN UP link.
- A client sends a new email.
- A client uploads a document.
- A client opens a document (if requested during file upload).
- A client approves a document.
- A client disapproves a document.
- A client signs a document.
- A client declines to sign a document.
- A client completes an organizer.
- A client signs a contract.
- A client sends a new message.
- A client replies to a message.
- A client makes a prepayment.
- A client pays a bill.
- A bill is overdue.
- A task is assigned to you.
- A task is due in three days.
When you have received new notifications, the circle displayed to the right of Inbox+ in the blue sidebar will be red. Red indicates that you have new notifications that you have not yet reviewed.
Once you open Inbox+, the red circle changes to green. This indicates that you still have notifications in your Inbox+ that need to be attended to.
The circle disappears when all your notifications have been checked off as Archived (see below).
Attending to Notifications
Notifications are displayed in chronological order so that the most recent is on the top.
How to manage notifications:
- Open a notification to get more info about it: Click on it the notification bar to expand it; click again to minimize it.
- Browse to a client profile: You can click on the client account name to navigate to the profile.
- Navigate to the corresponding section: Click Go to... (the gray arrow icon) in the bottom left of the expanded notification bar. This will take you to the full email, billings page, task, message, or document preview in a new tab.
- View and/or download a document: Click on the file’s name to open it in a new tab.
- View a bill/payment: Click on the bill/payment link to open info on it in a new tab.
- View a completed organizer: Click on the organizer’s name to open it in a new tab.
- Save an attachment to Client’s Docs: Hover the mouse over the file thumbnail, click the save icon, then upload. You can also autosave attachments emailed to you by clients.
Coming soon: Reply to email immediately from Inbox+!
- Archive a notification: Click Archive (the green checkmark icon) to move it to the Archived tab.
- Restore a notification: If you marked a notification as Archived by mistake, you can always restore it. Navigate to the Archived tab, select the notification you want to restore, then click Restore (the green arrow icon) on the bottom left of the expanded notification bar. It will then move back to the Inbox+ tab.
- Perform bulk actions with notifications. To mark notifications as done or to restore all of them at once, select the checkbox at the top of the list or the checkboxes next to the required documents, then click Archive or Restore.
Creating Tasks From Email
Inbox+ is not only your notification center but also a place where you can create new tasks to keep the workflow going. Here’s how:
1. Click on the notification bar to expand it, then click on the Create task link.
2. The Create task page will open. Next, Create the task. These fields will already be populated from the email:
- Client (the client account who has sent the email)
- Task name (the email subject)
- Description (the email body)
3. Click the CREATE TASK button to save the task. After the task is created, the notification will automatically get moved to the Archived tab in Inbox+.
Filters are useful when you need to narrow a notifications list. For example, you can find all the notifications about bills paid by all clients or all the notifications about signatures from selected clients.
To filter a notifications list:
- Click on the FILTER button
- Use filtering by account name and/or notifications type (bills, emails, tasks, documents, organizers, messages, signatures, and contracts). You can use one filter or several.
- Click the APPLY button to apply the filters. The list of notifications will then be narrowed to your specifications.