Email (Basic): Send, Reply, Add Images
This page applies to TaxDome Pro! pricing plan only. You can upgrade anytime.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
No need to use your Gmail or a third-party app while you’re working—TaxDome offers its own secure integrated email. Sync your email account with TaxDome to keep all of your TaxDome business in one place and enhance the back-and-forth between you and your clients.
- Sending Emails
- How Do I Know That a Client Has Sent an Email?
- Replying to Emails
- Adding Attachments
- Adding Images to Emails
- Searching Email
There are several ways to send an email:
- Sending an Email Using + New
- Bulk-Sending Email From the Accounts List
- Sending Email to Clients Accounts via Automation
Sending an Email Using + New
To send an email from any page of your portal, click + NEW in the left sidebar menu, select Email from the slide-out, choose the account, then write the email. That’s it! Click SEND.
Note! You cannot send an email to a client whose linked contacts do not have NOTIFY toggled on (for more details, go here).
See below for more details on our message features.
Bulk-Sending Email From the Accounts List
You’ll sometimes need to send the same email to lots of clients. For instance, you want everyone to know about an upcoming deadline or update at your firm.
Go to the Clients section from your left sidebar menu, select the checkboxes next to the desired accounts, click on @Send Email, then write the email or select a template. That’s it! Click Send to all.
Below, find out more about each numbered section:
1. Template: Select one of the email templates you’ve created. Email templates are especially useful for messages requiring little to no change that you frequently send to clients.
2. Mode: Select contacts or accounts as the recipients. This setting also defines whether you can use contact shortcodes or not. Read more about this here.
3. From: You can send an email on behalf of another team member by selecting their name in the From field.
Note! The team member will need to have toggled on Allow others to send from my email in their TaxDome account settings.
4. To: Depending on the mode you chose, you can select accounts or individual contacts as recipients.
5. Subject: This gets automatically filled in when you use a template.
6. Add shortcode: Include dynamic data to individualize your messages. Depending on the mode you chose, you’ll be able to use different types of shortcodes. Shortcodes can be added to the subject line as well as to the body of the email. For more on shortcodes, go here.
7. Message: This gets automatically filled in when you use a template.
8. Attach file: For more about this feature, see below.
9. Send preview to me: Click here to see what the message looks like before hitting send.
10. Send: Send the email to all the selected accounts/contacts.
11. Schedule email: Schedule the email sending. You can select the date and the time when an email should be sent. For more about this feature, see here.
Plus, there’s more:
- Use tags to filter an accounts list to specific recipients. For example, payroll clients may need to receive different emails than corporate clients.
- Email is sent from the email account you synced with TaxDome; you’ll also see it in the Email section inside the Sent tab of each recipient’s profile.
- Only 400 emails can be sent per day. If more recipients are selected, TaxDome splits the queue and sends 400 at a time. You’ll receive a notification letting you know how many days it will take to send all of them.
- Clients won’t be able to see the other recipients in the To or CC fields.
Sending Email to Client Accounts via Automation
A Send Email automation can be set up so that an email automatically goes out to the client when one of their jobs moves to a new stage in a pipeline. To send an automated email to a client, you’ll first need a template. Once you have one, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click on the pipeline name or CREATE PIPELINE.
2. Choose the stage you want to link the automation to, click + Add automation, then select Create Email in the pull-down.
3. Select the template for the Send Email automation.
4. Click SAVE to keep your changes. Once the automation is added, you’ll see it by going to the Edit pipeline page and clicking the automation icon above the stage.
Once a job moves to the stage in the pipeline with the Send Email automation, a pop-up with the automation is displayed. If you don’t want an automatic email to go out, deselect the automation, then click MOVE.
How Do I Know That a Client Has Sent an Email?
Whenever a client sends a new email to your firm or replies to an existing message thread, team members who have access to their account will receive a notification in their Inbox+ . When they reply to a thread or there’s a new email in a thread, notifications are updated and anything new is moved to the top. If the thread is archived, it moves to the To Do items. To view the most recent email and respond to it, click Go to....
To access a client-specific inbox, go to Clients from the left sidebar menu, click on the client account name, then navigate to the Email tab. If there are unread emails from the client, a notification is displayed in the Email tab.
Emails are automatically threaded to prevent clutter. To view a conversation, click on the email subject line to see all the replies.
Sent emails are stored inside the Sent tab.
Replying to Emails
To reply to an email:
- Click on the email to expand it, then click on the gray and green conversation icon on the right.
- Click inside the From field if you want to change the email’s sender name. Team members need to toggle on Allow others to send from my email in their TaxDome account settings to make their email addresses available.
- Click inside the To field to add additional recipients.
- Write the email. You can use text formatting, emoji, bullets, numbered lists, and also insert links.
- Click SEND. If the email was sent on behalf of another team member, a new thread is created.
There are two options for attaching files to emails sent from TaxDome:
- To add files from your computer, click Attach File, select From My Computer, then locate the file you want to upload. Learn what file types are accepted here.
- To add files from TaxDome, click Attach File, select From TaxDome, click the folder, then choose the files. You can add any files already uploaded to TaxDome from any top-level folder with Client can view access level.
Note! If you have selected more than one account as a recipient, you won’t be able to add files from TaxDome, since your document storage is account-specific.
Note! If you’re sending a message containing a file from TaxDome to a recipient who is not a TaxDome user, they won’t need a login to access it. To keep the file secure, give the link an expiration date. Find out more about email attachment security.
Adding Images to Emails
Images stored on your laptop cannot be added to emails. Instead, make sure the image is hosted by a third party. To add an image:
1. Upload the image to your server or to an image-hosting site, such as imgbb.com.
2. In your browser, right-click on the uploaded image, then select Copy image.
3. Now, you can paste it into your email.
To search for a specific message, type a keyword into the search field, then click enter on your keyboard. The email list will then be narrowed to your specifications.
Search for an email by using a client’s name or a keyword from the email’s subject line or body.
Click the x in the search field to clear the search.
Save Attachments Directly to Client Documents
To learn about saving to the default client folder, go here.
Tip! Check out TaxDome Academy for comprehensive courses about our system.