Custom Email Templates
Email templates are messages you frequently send to clients that require little to no change, other than the recipient’s name. They can be used when sending emails to your clients manually, in bulk, or added as automations, so that they automatically go out to the client when a job moves to a new stage in a pipeline. Having email templates on hand saves time—and they’re not just helpful to you but to the whole team.
- Creating Email Templates
- Adding Default Email Templates from Our Library
- Auto-Sending Emails to Client Accounts as Automations
- Editing Email Templates
- Duplicating Email Templates
- Deleting Email Templates
Creating Email Templates
An email template can be created by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage templates.
To create an email template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Emails, then click the CREATE TEMPLATE button.
Or you can access this page by selecting the Send Email automation while creating or editing a pipeline, and clicking on the New Template button.
2. Enter a name for the template. This is what you’ll see when selecting it.
3. Select the name of the team member on behalf of whom the email will be sent. This is what the recipient will see in the From field, no matter who has moved the job to the next stage. Note that you can only select a team member whose email sync has been set up and who has enabled the Allow others to send from my email toggle in their TaxDome account settings.
4. Specify the subject, then select the email type:
- WYSIWYG: This option lets you use different formatting with your text as well as add links.
- HTML: This option lets you insert your custom HTML code that may contain images, links, tables, and so on.
TIP: You can use free WORDHTML tool to build and get HTML - you can then paste that into the TaxDome email by clicking the HTML toggle. If you want to add images - you can do so, but you would host them somewhere on the internet.
5. Write the body of the email. You can use different formatting as well as add links. Click on Add shortcode to include the name of the person associated with the account within your email’s title or body; this helps give a personal touch to the message.
6. When you’re done in the Create Email Template window, click the CREATE button.
Adding Default Email Templates From Our Library
For your convenience, we offer default email templates, which you can also easily edit. To add an email template from our library:
1. Go to Settings in the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then select Emails and click the COPY FROM LIBRARY button.
2. Click the copy icon to the right of the template you want to add.
3. Edit the email template by clicking on its name.
4. When you’re adding a template from our library, the From field will show your name in it. The recipient will see your name there, no matter who moves the job to the next stage. However, you can edit it if needed, then click SAVE.
Editing Email Templates
To make changes to an email template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Emails, then click on the email template name in the list.
2. Make changes to the email template, then click the SAVE button.
Duplicating Email Templates
You can create new email templates based on existing ones. To do so, click the three-dots icon to the far right of the email template name, then select Duplicate. The template’s copy will be saved with the appropriate suffix (e.g., Email (2)).
Deleting Email Templates
To remove an email template, go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then go to Emails. Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the email template name, click Delete, then click SUBMIT in the Delete Confirmation pop-up.