Using Automated Actions
updated 14 days ago
Automated actions save time as well as remind you what needs to be done next during a work procedure. You add them so that an action is automatically initiated as the next step in the workflow as you move a job through the various stages of a pipeline.
Automated Actions, Explained
Automated actions are ones that are automatically generated during the different phases of a work procedure. On TaxDome, as a job moves through the different stages of a pipeline, different types of automated actions can be set up to be triggered for either your firm or the client.
For example, your firm has three different procedures: a Personal Tax pipeline, a Corporate Tax pipeline, and a Bookkeeping pipeline. Within each pipeline, you can customize the number of stages, aka steps, it takes to complete a job. And within these stages, you can set up automated actions to be triggered. In the first stage of the Personal Tax pipeline, for instance, you may want the client to be automatically sent an introduction e-mail and customized organizer to complete. Then, when the client gets to the next stage, e.g., Tax Prep, you may want to initiate a task for a team member to complete, and so on.
All of this—plus more automated actions coming soon!
To get started, follow these steps:
1. Create templates for actions you want to add to the different stages of a pipeline:
2. Create a pipeline and add the different stages you want it to include.
3. Select a stage and add an automated action as a follow-up for it, then select a template.
4. Save the pipeline.
Once a job has been moved to the stage that requires a follow-up action, you will be able to review it and confirm whether you want to trigger it.
Adding Automated Actions
Before you create automated actions, think about the different stages of your work process that require specific kinds of follow-ups:
When you have an assignment, write down the different stages of the work process.
Circle the stages that require follow-up actions.
Define what these will be, so that you can add them as automated actions when you create a new pipeline on TaxDome.
Once you know which automated actions you want to create, your next step will be to add them to a pipeline. You can add actions to stages while creating or editing a pipeline.
To add an action to a stage:
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click the pipeline name or click on the CREATE PIPELINE button.
2. Select the stage you want to link the action to, click + Add action in the top right corner of the Actions section, then select the action type:
- Create Task: Once a client enters the stage, the task based on a selected template is created.
- Create Organizer: Once a client enters the stage, the organizer based on a selected template is sent to them.
- Send Email: Once a client enters the stage, the email based on a selected template is sent to them.
- Send Message: Once a client enters the stage, the message based on a selected template is sent to them.
- Create Folders: Once a client enters the stage, the folder structure of their docs is changed based on a selected template.
In the works: Create Invoice, Send Contract, and more automated actions!
3. Select a template for your automated action (to learn more about how to create templates, follow the links):
4. Add as many actions as needed.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 3 to add automated actions to other stages.
6. Click the SAVE button to save your changes.
Deleting Automated Actions
You can delete actions while editing a pipeline.
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click the pipeline name.
2. Select the stage with the action.
3. Click the red delete icon to the right of the action.