- What Are Pipelines
- Creating a Pipeline
- Editing a Pipeline
- Adding a Client to a Pipeline
- Moving a Client Through a Pipeline
- Deleting a Client From a Pipeline
- Deleting a Pipeline
What Are Pipelines
Pipelines is where you manage your most valuable asset – your clients. A pipeline is a set of stages that a client moves through, as they progress through the documents preparation cycle. Once each pipeline stage is completed, the client is advanced to the next stage.
Here are some examples of pipelines:
Example 1 - Pipeline 1040 Return
Stage 1 Review Docs
Stage 2 Prepare Engagement Letter
Stage 3 Prepare Return
Stage 4 Review
Stage 5 E-file
Example 2 - Pipeline Payroll
Stage 1 Review Docs
Stage 2 Timecard reviews
Stage 3 Initiate Debit
Stage 4 Send Paystubs
Creating a Pipeline
A pipeline can be created only by the firm owner. Here are the steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click on the CREATE PIPELINE button.
2. Enter a name for the pipeline.
3. Grant your team members access to the pipeline by selecting the checkboxes next to their names.
4. Enter a stage name, then click Add stage to add an additional stage. Add as many stages as you need.
5. Click SAVE.
Editing a Pipeline
A pipeline can be edited only by the firm owner.
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click the pipeline name. You can change a name for the pipeline, select or deselect team members who can access it. You can also make any changes to stages you need:
- To add a stage, click Add stage, then enter a stage name.
- To move a stage, point to a move icon next to its name, then drag-n-drop.
- To delete a stage, click on the red icon next to its name.
2. Click SAVE.
Adding a Client to a Pipeline
Once a pipeline has been created, you can add clients and move them through it.
1. Go to the Workflow section, then select the pipeline at the top. Each pipeline is visualized as a kanban board.
2. Click on Add client, then select a client from the list. A client is automatically added to the first stage.
Moving a Client Through the Pipeline
To move a client through the pipeline, click their name on a board, point to a move icon, then drag-n-drop. You can freely move a client to any stage.
Deleting a Client From a Pipeline
A client can be deleted from any pipeline stage. Click their name on a board, then click on the red icon.
Deleting a Pipeline
To delete a pipeline, go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click on the red icon next to the pipeline. Note that this will delete all stages linked to the pipeline.