Jobs (Advanced): Automove
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
The Automove Jobs feature simplifies your workflow by making jobs move from stage to stage in a pipeline on their own. Use the feature with automations, linked elements, or both. Create dependency to let jobs automatically jump ahead every time all actions within a stage are completed by a team member or client.
- Automove Jobs, Explained
- How Automove Jobs Works With Automations
- How Automove Jobs Works With Manually Linked Elements
- Automove Jobs Q&A/Examples
Automove Jobs, Explained
Here’s how it works:
1. While adding stages and automations to a pipeline, toggle on Automove jobs in the stages where you will want jobs to automatically move ahead.
2. Once you add a job to a pipeline, automations in the first stage are triggered.
3. If Automove jobs is toggled on for the first stage, the job automatically moves to the second stage once all the actions in the first stage are completed (e.g., a contract signed, an invoice paid, etc.), then the automations for the second stage are triggered—and so on.
4. Once a job arrives in its final stage and all actions are completed, you can archive it.
Keep in mind:
- If several automations are added to a stage that has Automove jobs toggled on, the job automatically moves once all actions are completed.
- The Automove jobs feature recognizes invoices, contracts, organizers, tasks, documents, and chats even if they are manually linked to a job within a stage. If there are linked elements with incomplete actions, the job won’t move ahead.
- You can’t toggle on Automove jobs for the last stage of a pipeline.
- Look at the counter at the right of the job box to find out if there are any unfinished elements for a current stage. For a detailed explanation, go here.
How Automove Jobs Works with Automations
The Automove jobs feature works only with automations that require specific user actions, either from a team member or from the client. Check out the details below and click on the name of each automation to find out how to employ it:
|Automation|| What happens automatically
||Action required||Who performs the action||Triggers Automove|
| Send organizer
||Organizer sent to client and linked to job|| Submit organizer
|Create invoice||Invoice sent to client and linked to job||Pay||Client||Yes|
|Create contract||Contract sent to client and linked to job||Sign||Client||Yes|
|Create task||Task created for team member and linked to job||Mark as completed or canceled||Team member||Yes|
|Send message (if there are tasks for the client added to the template)||Message sent to client and linked to job||Check off client tasks||Client||Yes|
|Send message (if there are no tasks for the client in the template)||Message sent to client and linked to job||-||Performed automatically||No|
|Apply folder template||Folder template applied to client account||-||Performed automatically||No|
| Apply tag for account
||Tags applied or deleted||-||Performed automatically||No|
|Update account access||Team members are added or revoked from the account||-||Performed automatically|| No
|Update job assignee||Team members are added as job assignees or removed||-||Performed automatically|| No
| Send email
||Email is sent to client||-||Performed automatically||No|
How Automove Jobs Works with Manually Linked Elements
Sometimes you may prefer to manually add an existing invoice, contract or another element to a job, rather than use automations to create it. Besides, some elements (e.g., documents) can only be linked manually. However, elements linked manually trigger the Automove jobs just the same. Check out the details below and click on the name of each element to see how to employ it:
|Linked Element||Action Required||Triggers Automove|
| Document pending signature
| Document pending payment
||Pay the invoice the document is locked to||Yes|
| Document pending approval
||Mark as complete or cancel||Yes|
| Chat thread with tasks for client
||Check off client tasks||Yes|
|Chat thread without tasks for client|| -
Automove Jobs Q&A/Examples
| What happens when Automove jobs is toggled on for a stage that includes these automations and linked elements:
|Create invoice and Update account tags?||The job automoves once the client pays the invoice.|
Update account tags and Send email?
| The job won’t automove.
| Send contract and Send message?
||The job automoves once the client signs the contract and all client task to-do items inside the chat thread are marked completed (if there are no client tasks in the template then the signing of the contract is the only action that triggers automove).|
| Send organizer and a linked document pending approval?
|| The job automoves once the client or team member submits the organizer and approves the document.
| Send organizer and a manually linked pending contract?
|| The job automoves once the client or team member submits the organizer and signs the contract.
| Send contract and a manually linked document pending payment?
|| The job automoves once the client or team member signs the contract and makes a full payment.
|A manually linked pending organizer and no automations?|| The job automoves once the client or team member submits the organizer.
| A manually linked invoice and no automations?
||The job automoves once the client makes a full payment|
| A manually linked document pending signature and payment?
||The job automoves once the client signs the document and makes a full payment.|