Jobs (Basic): Job Cards in Pipelines
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
The amount of time that a job remains in a stage is displayed right beneath the account name on a job card, making it easy for you to keep track of it. Job cards are fully customizable: You can select the info you want to see displayed, such as the account ID, name, priority, etc.
- How to customize job cards
- What counters on job cards mean
- Job details
- How to add and edit job details
- Bulk-editing jobs
- Job comments
How to customize job cards
Including relevant info on job cards helps all your team members keep track of what's happening within a pipeline. You can customize a job card’s details by select what you wish to see displayed.
- The account name and amount of time a job has been in a stage are always shown on the job card
- You must enter the details inside each field that you want to see displayed on the job card; otherwise the field is hidden
- When the wiki page is linked to a job, it will be displayed on the job card
1. Access the pipeline editing screen (for more details, go here) or create a new pipeline by going to the Pipelines section in Settings.
2. Turn on the toggles for the Job card fields you want to be displayed:
- Account ID: here's information about account IDs.
- Name: the name of the job.
- Description: job description.
- Priority: the priority level for the job: LOW, HIGH, MEDIUM or URGENT.
- Start date: the date when the assigned team member has to start working on a job. It's not the same as the job creation date.
- Due date: the date when the job has to be finished.
- Assignees: the team member assigned for the job. More on assigning jobs.
3. Click Save, go to the Workflow section, open the pipeline, and see the results.
The job details will appear in the expanded card on the right, and you’ll be able to edit them:
1. Change the name of the job: By default, the job will have the same name as the pipeline. To change it, click on it, then type the new name.
2. Pipeline: Move the job to another pipeline by selecting a different pipeline from the drop-down menu. Here's more on moving jobs to different pipelines.
3. Stage: Move the job to a new stage by selecting one from the drop-down menu. Here's more on moving jobs to different stages.
4. Assignees: Select the team members for the job.
5. Priority: Select LOW, HIGH, MEDIUM, or URGENT.
6. Start date: This is the date when the job has to be started (optional). It's not the same as the job creation date. The job is visible inside a pipeline once it is created, but it is not visible in the Calendar view unless you set the Start and/or Due dates.
7. Due Date: Add a due date as a time-management tool (optional). When you have it set, you can easily tweak your Calendar view to see all your due dates inside the Calendar.
8. Description: Use formatting, emojis, bullets, numbered lists, or links.
9. & 10. Link elements: Attach documents, bills, organizers, contracts, and notes or find the ones attached automatically as automations trigger. If the automations in the pipeline are set, the elements are attached automatically once the job moves along the pipeline. Here's more on linking elements to jobs.
11. Recent jobs: View previous jobs for this account. Here you can find more information on recent account jobs.
12. Add Comment: Write reminders about the job for yourself or communicate with your team mates. Read more on job comments below.
13. Back: Click to return to the pipeline. All changes are automatically saved.
How to add and edit job details
To add and edit a job’s details, choose the way that’s best for you:
- From the pipeline: Either in the Workflow section or in the client’s profile, click on the job card to expand it.
- From the task list: If a job has a linked task, the job’s name is displayed in the Firms Tasks and My Tasks lists. Click on the job’s name to see its details.
- From the Calendar view. Click on the job card to expand it.
- From the Jobs tab in the Workflow section: click on the job’s name or select several jobs to make changes in bulk.
To edit several jobs at once:
- Select the checkboxes next to the jobs in the Jobs list, then click Edit. Use filters to narrow down your list if needed.
- Make your changes, then click Save.
Note: When bulk-editing jobs, you can’t link elements, change job names, or add or remove comments. The info in the fields that you don’t change remains the same. If you need to make either of those changes, edit one job at a time instead.
While you can use job comments for yourself as reminders, it is also an easy way of communicating with your team members.
- You can use text formatting, emoji, bullets and numbered lists. You can also insert links.
- Only the last comment is shown. Click See more to display the other.
- You can @mention your team members to notify them of the job, and keep chatting with them via replying to job comments in Inbox+.
- You can edit your comments anytime, or delete them when you no longer need them.
- Firm owner and admin can edit and delete comments left by other team members.
Mentioning in job comments is also a quick way of giving a team member access to the client account and/or to the pipeline. If you mention a team member who has no access, they will get a notification in their Inbox+ and will be able to request access right from the notification.
Once they do, all firm members who can grant access receive a notification and can grant access right from it. Once a team member is granted access, they can access both the account and the pipeline.
You can continue your communication via exchanging comments. If you were mentioned on a job card, you can reply to the comment right from Inbox+ notification. Type your answer, then send it. It will be added as a new comment to the job card.
Tip! If you want your team member to receive a notification for your comment, @mention them in your reply. Otherwise, they will not be notified.