Firm Wiki Pages (Advanced): Adding Them to Jobs
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
Adding wiki pages to jobs is a great way to make sure team members always have the instructions to procedures they need to follow when they need them.
- Adding Wiki Pages to Jobs, Explained
- Storing Wiki Pages Inside Job Templates
- Adding Wiki Pages to Jobs via Automation
- Manually Adding Wiki Pages to Jobs
- Previewing Wiki Pages in Pipelines
Adding Wiki Pages to Jobs, Explained
Wiki pages—whether they are for instructions on how to onboard a new client or for the procedure to follow with a particular job—are useful to teams of all sizes. TaxDome allows you to create wiki pages, then add them to jobs, so that all team members have them handy when they need them. Here are the options of where you can place wiki pages so that your team members always have a cheat sheet at the ready:
- Add a wiki page to a job template to provide team members with the procedure to follow for that specific type of job.
- Add a wiki page automation to a stage in a pipeline to automatically provide team members with the procedure to follow at that particular stage of a job.
- Manually add a wiki page to a specific job to provide a team member with the procedure to follow for that job.
Read about all options in detail below.
Tip: After you add the wiki page to the automation or job template, that linked automation or job will be displayed in the corresponding column on the list of your wiki pages.
Storing Wiki Pages Inside Job Templates
When you add wiki pages to a job template, jobs created from that template will contain links to those pages. To add wiki pages to a job template:
1. First, create a new job template or edit an existing one: Go to Settings from your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then open the Jobs tab. Now, either click Create Template, or go ahead and choose an existing template.
2. Click + Add on the top right of the Edit Job Template screen, select Add wiki pages, then choose the Wiki pages you want to add.
3. Save the template.
Note: Only published wiki pages can be added to a job template. If the wiki page is unpublished, it will no longer be displayed inside the template. If it’s published again, it gets restored.
Adding Wiki Pages to Jobs via Automation
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
The launch point for automated wiki pages is selecting a suitable stage in your workflow to add them to. Follow these steps:
- You need a published wiki page with the instructions you want to be linked automatically. If you don't have one, you can create it by clicking New page when you add the automation.
- Make sure you have a stage in your pipeline for the wiki page to be linked, then create the Add Wiki page automation. Once the job enters this stage, the wiki page is automatically added to the job details and your team members can easily access it by opening the job.
Unpublishing the wiki page stops the automation. Publish a wiki page again to have it restored both in the pipeline settings and in the jobs moving through it.
Note! For the Add wiki page automation, it doesn't matter if the automove jobs toggle for the stage is turned. The automation is triggered automatically and doesn't need actions either from the client or from the firm to be completed.
Manually Adding Wiki Pages to Jobs
In some cases, you may also want to link wiki pages to jobs manually.
To do so:
- Open a job card. Make sure the job is in the right pipeline stage.
- Click + Link on the top right.
- Select Wiki pages and choose one. Only published pages are displayed here.
If the wiki page becomes unpublished, it is unlinked. If it’s published again, it gets restored.
Previewing Wiki Pages in Pipelines
Once the wiki page has been added to a job, a link to it is displayed on the job card. To view the wiki page, click the link.