Team Member Access Rights
updated 8 days ago
Depending on their level of responsibility, a team member can be given different access rights on TaxDome. As a firm owner, you choose the ones they should have when you register them, and they can also be changed at any time.
What a Team Member Sees
As a firm owner, you have immediate access to all of TaxDome’s features, but team members don’t. You decide what each team member has access to and can work on. A team member’s usage will be fairly limited on TaxDome until they’re assigned a client. When adding a team member, there are two options:
- If you want them to work with a selected group of clients, you can assign those accounts to them.
- If you want them to be able to work with all your clients, you can give them the View All Clients access right (see below).
By default, a team member who was assigned to a client’s account or has granted the View All Clients permission, but has not granted any additional rights can:
- View account info
- View and download client docs
- View all message threads for their assigned account and respond to them
- View all of the firm’s emails for their assigned accounts and respond to them
- Create bills for their assigned accounts
- View all of the firm’s notes for their assigned accounts and create new ones
- View the firm’s time entries for their assigned accounts and create new time entries
- View the pipelines for their assigned accounts and move clients from stage to stage
- View the tasks assigned to them by other team members
- View all of the firm’s tasks for their assigned accounts
- Create tasks (either not client-specific ones or for their assigned accounts)
- View contacts that are linked to their assigned accounts
You can use the read-only view of team member's portal feature to get a sense of what they see and have available.
Access Rights, Explained
You can further expand a team member’s access rights to include more than the ones listed above in What a Team Member Sees. A team member can also be given the ability to...:.
- Create manual payments: They can add, edit, or delete manual payments for all of their assigned accounts. To give a team member the ability to create manual payments for all of their accounts, turn on the View all clients toggle in the Access Rights menu.
- View all accounts: They can view all of the firm’s accounts, instead of being limited to only assigned ones. They can also create bills, view and send secure messages and emails, and create and read notes for all accounts. To give a team member permission to view all contacts as well, turn on the View all contacts toggle in the Access Rights menu.
- Manage accounts: They can create new accounts and manage existing ones (edit personal details, add an additional user to a profile, etc.).
- Manage contacts. They can create new contacts, link contacts to their assigned accounts, import accounts and contacts, edit the existing contacts as well as merge duplicates.
- Manage documents: They can upload, move, edit, and delete documents and folders in their assigned accounts. Team members who don’t have this access right can only view documents and folders. To give a team member the ability to manage documents for all accounts, turn on the View all clients toggle in the Access Rights menu.
- Manage time entries: They can see and open the Time Entries subtab under the Billings tab in their client accounts. And they can edit and delete time entries created by all team members for that account.
- Manage templates: They can create, edit, and delete task, folder, message, and email templates.
- Manage pipelines: They can view all existing pipelines, create, edit, and delete pipelines, as well as add accounts to pipelines.
- Manage tags: They can create, delete, and apply tags.
- View billing history: They can go to the Billings tab in a client account and view payments and payment information or search for a specific payment. To give a team member access to all of the firm’s bills and payments , turn on the View all clients toggle in the Access Rights menu.
- Manage contact fields: They can create, rename, and delete custom contact fields.
- Manage organizers: They can create, edit, and delete organizer templates, as well as send organizers to clients.
- Assign teammates: They can assign team members to your accounts.
- Charge firm balance: They can add funds to the firm’s KBA balance.
- View all contacts: They can view all of the firm’s contacts. To give a team member the ability to interact with all accounts, turn on the View all accounts toggle in the Access Rights menu (see the sidebar below).
Changing a Team Member's Access Rights
To change a team member’s access rights:
1. Go to Settings, select Team & Plans in the menu bar, navigate to Active Team Members, then click on their name in the list.
2. Click on the Edit Access Rights pencil icon, then select the specific access rights the team member will need by clicking on the toggles to enable them.
3. Click SAVE.