Our Organizers feature allows you to create custom-designed questionnaires to gather the information you need from your clients, minimizing the back-and-forth between you. Create as many as you want: a personal organizer, a business organizer, an expat organizer, or a construction-business organizer. Here, we show you how to get them out to clients, how to print and export them—and more.
- Sending Organizers
- Reminding Clients About Pending Organizers
- What Clients See When You Send an Organizer
- How Can I Tell a Client Has Completed an Organizer?
- Viewing Client Accounts With Pending Organizers
- Linking Organizers to Jobs
- Viewing/Removing Client Organizers
- Sealing Organizers
- Printing Organizers
- Exporting Organizers
Organizers can be sent to clients by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage templates and manage organizers.
To send an organizer to a client, you’ll first need to create a template. For more details, visit Custom Organizer Templates.
Once you have an organizer template, you can send it these different ways:
- Send an Organizer to One Client
- Send an Organizers to Several Clients
- Autosend an Organizer to Clients Using Automations
- Let a Client Create an Organizer on Their Own
Send an Organizer to One Client
To send an organizer to a client, follow these steps:
1. Click on the + NEW button in the left sidebar menu, then select Organizer in the slide-out.
2. Click the Organizer Template list to select a template, enable the Reminders option (optional, see below), then click CREATE to send the organizer to the selected client account.
That’s it! The client will automatically receive an email notifying them that an organizer has been sent to them to fill out.
Send an Organizer to Several Clients
If you need to send the same organizer to multiple clients, use our bulk feature:
1. Go to Clients from the left sidebar menu, select the checkboxes next to the clients you want to send the organizer to, then click the SEND ORGANIZER button. You can send organizers to both active and offline client accounts. For instance, you may want to send an organizer to an offline client before you send them an invitation to TaxDome.
2. Click the Organizer Template list to select a template, enable the Reminders option (optional, see below), then click CREATE to send the organizer to the selected client accounts.
That’s it! Clients will automatically receive an email notifying them that an organizer has been sent to them to fill out.
Autosend an Organizer to Clients Using Automations
You can set up an automation so that an organizer is automatically sent to the client when a job for them is moved to a new stage in a pipeline. Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Pipelines from the menu bar, then click on the pipeline name or the CREATE PIPELINE button.
2. Select the stage you want to link the automation to, click + Add automation, then choose Send Organizer in the pull-down menu.
3. Select the template for the automation, then decide whether you want to enable the Reminders option (an additional email is sent to the client when they don’t return the completed organizer within a certain time frame). For more details about reminders, see below.
4. Click the SAVE button to save your changes.
Once a job is moved to the new stage in the pipeline with the Create Organizer automation, a pop-up with the automation is displayed. If you don’t want the organizer to be sent to the client, deselect the action, then click MOVE.
Reminding Clients About Pending Organizers
Clients get an email notification when you send them an organizer, but sometimes they might forget they did.
When you enable the Reminders option while sending an organizer, an additional email is sent to the client when they don’t return the completed organizer within a certain time frame. Once you enabled the Reminders option you can configure it:
- Inactivity Threshold, Days: By default, a reminder is set to go out three days after the organizer was sent to the client, but you can change this to a number you prefer.
- Limit to: By default, the client gets only one reminder email, but you can also change this to a number you prefer.
Reminders stop when...
- ...the client has not submitted the organizer and the set number of reminders has been sent.
- ...the client has submitted the organizer.
What Clients See When You Send an Organizer
The client can fill out an organizer you’ve sent them either by clicking the link in the email notification they’ve received, by clicking the notification on their dashboard, or going to the Organizers section of their portal.
You can access a read-only view of a client account portal if you’d like to see TaxDome from the client’s side.
How Can I Tell a Client Has Completed an Organizer?
Note that you don't receive a notification when a client uploads document inside an organizer until they submit the whole organizer.
Note: You can change your notification preferences whenever needed.
Viewing Client Accounts With Pending Organizers
If you’d like to see which clients still have pending organizers, click on Clients in the left sidebar menu to get to the Accounts page.
To filter theaccount list to see only the clients who still have pending organizers:
1. In the All Accounts tab, click on the FILTER button in the menu bar.
2. Select Pending in the Organizers section, then click on APPLY.
A list narrowed to that specification will then appear.
Linking Organizers to Jobs
Linking organizers to jobs helps make them immediately available when needed during your work process. Besides, you can use this feature if you want your jobs to be moved through the pipeline automatically.
Organizers can be linked to jobs either manually or by adding automations. While adding organizers to a pipeline using automations involves a change in the pipeline template, manual linking allows you to track all organizers within a pipeline without modifying the template.
Organizers can be linked by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage organizers.
1. Click on the job to expand the job box, click + Link at the top, then select Organizers.
2. Choose the organizer(s); you can link any organizer that was previously sent to the client’s account and as many as needed.
Once organizers are linked, you’ll see them in the Organizers section of the job box. Click the cross icon to unlink unnecessary organizers.
Viewing/Removing Client Organizers
To manage a client’s organizers, go to Clients from the left sidebar menu, click on the client account, then go to the Organizers tab. If there are no organizers there, you haven’t yet sent one to the client.
When a client has received an organizer, you’ll see the following:
NAME: This is what the organizer is called.
LAST UPDATED: This is the date and time the organizer was created or last updated by the client. All changes made by the client are saved in real time.
- STATUS: If the client hasn’t started filling in fields and uploading documents, or has started to but not finished, the status of the organizer will be PENDING. If the client has submitted the organizer, the status will be FINISHED.
- PROGRESS: The first figure shows the number of answered questions; the second, the total number of questions in the organizer.
- SEAL: You’ll see a tag that says SEALED if you’ve opted for the client to no longer be able to make changes (for more details, see below).
Click on the name of the organizer to view the information the client has provided. Answers from the client are displayed on one page. All answered questions have a green checkmark.
You can delete a client’s organizer if you don’t need it anymore or have sent the client an updated version. To remove it, click the three-dots icon to the far right of the organizer’s name, select Delete, then click the DELETE button (this will not affect the original template).
Sometimes you may want to keep a client from making changes to an organizer. For example, you’ve already started to work with the information the client provided, and you don't want them to change anything at this point. If this is the case: Seal the organizer by clicking on the three-dots icon to the far right of its name, then selecting Seal.
All organizers sent to a client are by default unsealed. When you seal them, they are marked accordingly.
If you want the client to have access to the organizer again, unseal it by clicking the three-dots icon to the far right of its name, then selecting Unseal.
You can export a completed client organizer to an external spreadsheet for analysis. To do so, go to the Organizers tab of client’s profile, click the three-dots icon either to the right of the organizer in the list or in the preview mode, then select Export. Save a CSV file to your computer.
To print an organizer (whether pending or completed), click the three-dots icon either to the right of the organizer in the list or in the preview mode, then select Print.