Organizers (Basic): Submit, Unsubmit, Edit
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time.
Our organizers allow you to create custom-designed questionnaires and forms to get all the essential info you need from your clients. Here, we cover everything you need to know about our organizers.
- Knowing When an Organizer Is Ready
- Editing an Organizer’s Answers
- Submitting Organizers for Clients
- Unsubmitting Organizers
- Viewing Pending Organizers
Knowing When an Organizer Is Ready
By default, you won’t receive a notification each time a client uploads a document to an organizer. If you do want to know when that happens, toggle on Notify about document upload in the organizer template settings.
Change your notification preferences whenever you need to.
Editing an Organizer’s Answers
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
To complete or edit an organizer for a client, click the three dots either to the right of the organizer in the list or in preview mode, then select Change answers.
- Every change you make to an organizer is recorded in the audit trail.
- Organizers can be changed by a firm owner, admin or any team member with access rights to edit organizer answers.
All changes are automatically saved. You can close the organizer and resume answering questions later or from a different computer without losing anything. Edit the organizer as much as you need to. Once you’re done, look it over in the read-only mode by clicking Back to view mode at the top of the page.
Submitting Organizers for Clients
There are several ways to submit an organizer, whether it’s fully completed or not:
- Select Submit organizer to move a job with a linked organizer to the next stage.
- Click the three dots to the right of the organizer’s name in the list or when reviewing the answers inside an organizer, then select Submit.
You may need to unsubmit an organizer: For instance, you need additional information from a client or you accidentally submitted it.
Click the three dots to the right of the organizer’s name in the list, or when reviewing the answers inside an organizer, then select Unsubmit. In the slide-out, enter the reason for unsubmitting as an additional comment for the client (optional), then click Unsubmit Organizer.
Once the organizer has been unsubmitted, its status changes to Pending, and an email about it is sent to the client. If you added a comment, it is is displayed in the notification.
Seeing Pending Organizers
If you’d like to see all pending organizers, click Clients in the left sidebar to get to the Accounts page.
To filter the account list to show only clients with pending organizers, follow these steps:
1. In the All Accounts tab, click FILTER in the far right of the menu bar.
2. Select Pending in the Organizers section, then click on APPLY.
Note: If you archive a pending organizer, it won’t display when the Pending filter is applied.