Custom Organizer Templates
Create your own interactive questionnaires with our custom organizers that help you efficiently gather all the info you need from your clients. Having organizers with all your frequently asked questions ready to go will save you loads of time. Plus, you’ll find them especially helpful as automations in your pipelines, so that they automatically go out to the client when needed.
- Creating Organizer Templates
- Adding Default Organizers From Our Library
- Auto-Sending Organizers to Clients as Automations
- Organizer Visible to Client, Explained
- Editing Organizer Templates
- Duplicating Organizer Templates
- Deleting Organizer Templates
Creating Organizer Templates
An organizer template can be created by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage organizers. It’s helpful to design templates ahead of time, so that you have them handy or available to further customize.
To create an organizer template:
1. Go to Settings from the the left sidebar menu, choose Templates in the menu bar, select Organizers, then click the CREATE TEMPLATE button.
Or you can access this page by selecting the Create Organizer automation while creating or editing a pipeline, and clicking on the New Template button.
2. An organizer consists of sections and questions. Each question belongs to a section. To begin, click in the Organizer Name field and enter what you’d like to call it.
3. Click on Section Name, then enter a heading for the first section (for example, if you’re creating a standard organizer, call it “Basic”). Next, click on Add question to select the type of question or request, choosing one of the following from the pull-down menu:
What the pull-down options are for:
- Free entry: text, such as a name, an address, or a company name.
- Number: numerals, such as the number of children a client has or their SSN.
- Date: a day, month, and year, such as a DOB
- Multiple choice: a list of options, such as a company type (nonprofit, LLC, etc.).
- Checkboxes: a list with checkboxes that can be left empty or checked.
- Yes/No: a yes or no answer, such as a client’s marital status.
- File upload: to request specific documents. Documents uploaded to an organizer are always have a description that matches the question name to make it easier for you to identify the files uploaded. Documents uploaded to an organizer are saved to the Client’s Docs location.
4. If an answer to a question is mandatory, turn on the Required toggle.
5. Add as many questions and sections as needed, then click the SAVE button.
Adding Default Organizers From Our Library
For your convenience, we offer default organizer templates that you can easily edit. To add an organizer from our library:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Organizers tab, then click the COPY FROM LIBRARY button.
2. Click the copy icon to the far right of the template you want to add. Now you can edit the organizer by clicking on its name.
Thanks to our customers, we’re constantly adding new templates to our library. Do you want to share your custom organizers with other TaxDome users? Please contact us.
Organizer Visible to Client, Explained
Once you have a template, you can send organizers to your clients several ways. Clients can also create organizers based on your templates; however, they can’t add questions.
Here’s how it works:
1. Go the Settings from the left sidebar menu, then to Organizers. If you check the VISIBLE TO CLIENTS checkbox for at least one template, the New Organizer button on the client Organizers page becomes active.
2. The client will be able to select a template from the list of templates marked VISIBLE TO CLIENTS.
3. Once they create an organizer, they can answer the questions provided in the template.
Note: Clients won’t see an organizer template if you haven’t added questions to it.
Editing Organizer Templates
To make changes to an organizer template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Organizers tab, then click on the organizer template name in the list.
2. Make changes to the organizer template, then click the SAVE button. You can move or delete questions and sections using the icons to the far right of the section name or question.
Note: The changes you make to an organizer template are not reflected in the organizers that have already been created from the same template.
Duplicating Organizer Templates
You can create a new organizer template based on an existing one. To do so, click the three-dots icon to the far right of the organizer template name, then select the Duplicate link. The organizer’s copy will be saved with a suffix (e.g., Organizer (2)).
Deleting Organizer Templates
You can remove an organizer template if you don’t need it anymore. Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the organizer template name, select Delete in the pull-down menu, then click the DELETE button. All organizers created for your client accounts with that template will still remain.