Organizers List (Basic): View, Remove, Archive, Seal, Export, Print
For TaxDome users only. Upgrade at any time.
TaxDome gives you lots of tools to manage your clients’ organizers. Here, we show you everything you need to know to view, remove, archive, seal, export, and print them.
- Seeing All Organizers for One Account
- Viewing Client’s Answers
- Sealing Organizers
- Exporting Organizers
- Printing Organizers
- Archiving Organizers
- Deleting Organizers
Seeing All Organizers for One Account
To manage a client’s organizers, go to Clients from the left sidebar menu, click on the client account, then go to the Organizers tab. If there are no organizers here, you haven’t sent one out yet.
When a client has received an organizer, you’ll see the following:
- NAME: what the organizer is called.
- LAST UPDATED: when the organizer was created or last updated by the client. All changes made by the client are saved in real time.
- STATUS: If the client started filling in the organizer but hasn't completed it, the status is PENDING. If the client or a firm member has submitted the organizer, the status is FINISHED.
- PROGRESS: The first figure is the number of answered questions; the second, the total number of questions.
- SEALED: This appears when you are preventing the client from making changes to the organizer (for more details, see here).
Viewing Client’s Answers
Click the name of the organizer to view the information the client provided. Answers from the client are readily displayed on one page.
Organizers may contain questions that are unanswered by the client. By default, those aren’t displayed when you view the organizer; display them by turning on the toggles at the top of the page:
- Show unanswered questions shows the questions that were seen but not answered by the client.
- Show hidden questions shows the questions that weren't displayed to the client because they are conditional.
If either of those toggles are turned on, unanswered questions are clearly marked in the organizer.
With these toggles, keep in mind:
- When you reload the organizer’s page the toggles switch back off.
- If you want to print hidden or unanswered questions, toggle on both.
If you need a client to stop making changes to an organizer, seal it: Click the three dots to the far right of the organizer’s name, then select Seal.
Organizers sent to clients are by default unsealed. When you seal them, you’ll see a tag that says Sealed.
If you want the client to have access to the organizer again, click the three dots to the far right of its name, then select Unseal.
You can always export a completed organizer to an external spreadsheet for analysis. A CSV file will contain conditional logic steps (excluding the questions that don’t fall under the logic) as well as additional sections copied and completed by the client (if any).
Go to the Organizers tab of the client’s profile, click the three dots to the right of the organizer in the list, then select Export.
Feel free to leave the page—once the export is completed, you’ll receive an email with an attached zipped CSV file.
An exported CSV file looks like this:
Tip! Retain zeroes before numerals in exported CSV files. If you open a CSV file in excel, it will automatically cut leading zeros (e.g., 001 becomes 1). To find out how to retain them, go here.
You have the option to print the organizer with the client's answers or the list of all of the client's organizers.
- To print an organizer list, click the Print button at the top right of the page.
By default, the organizer list displays 25 per page. If you want to print more organizers select the number you’d prefer in the Rows per page menu at the bottom left of the page prior to printing.
- To print an organizer itself, whether pending or completed, click the three dots to the right of the organizer in the list, then select Print.
Your browser will offer you to print an organizer:
Tip! By default, the unanswered questions will not be printed. If you want to print them, toggle on the Show unanswered questions and Show hidden questions toggles or both. Read more here.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
Once an organizer is completed, it's better to archive than delete it—you may need to go back to it. When you archive an organizer, you still have access to it. However, an archived organizer cannot be sealed, exported, printed, or submitted. And because it is a record, you cannot edit it.
Note: You can link an archived organizer to a job. By default, it won’t be displayed. To see all organizers, click the Filter button, select All, then click Apply.
Click the three dots to the right of the organizer you want to archive, then select Archive. The organizer is then moved from the Active to the Archived tab.
If you’ve archived an organizer but need it again: Open the Archived tab, click on the three dots to the right of the organizer’s name, then select Restore.
Unlike archived organizers, deleted ones cannot be restored. To remove an organizer thread completely, click the three dots to the far right of the organizer’s name, select Delete, then click DELETE (this does not affect the original template).