This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. If you use TaxDome Lite, please switch to this article.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
Inbox+ isn’t just for browsing through email. It’s where you start and finish your projects, receive important notifications, create tasks, view documents and messages, save attachments, download and more, with everything on a single easy-to-navigate page.
- Inbox+ Notifications
- Taking Care of Notifications
- Email Notifications
- Chat Notifications
- System Notifications
- Filtering Notifications
You receive a notification in your Inbox+ whenever something takes place on TaxDome. You’ll also be able to tell when someone else has read it.
- Team members get a notification when a client whose account they follow performs an action.
- Firm owners get a notification when a client whose account is not assigned performs an action.
- Don’t forget: You can always change your notification preferences.
- Get notifications on the go by using the TaxDome mobile app.
By default, you’ll get a notification when...
- A client registers on their own via the SIGN UP link.
- A new client that has been assigned to you activates their portal access.
- A client sends a new email.
- A team member assigned to an account replies to an existing email thread.
- A client uploads a document to their portal, the app, a file request link or an organizer.
- A client indicates that they’re done uploading documents.
- A client opens a document.
- A client approves a document.
- A client rejects a document.
- A client signs a document.
- A client declines to sign a document.
- The firm owner or a team member voids a signature for an account you follow.
- A client creates an organizer.
- A client or another team member submits an organizer.
- A client signs a contract.
- A client or a team member sends a new message.
- A client or a team member replies to a chat thread.
- A team member creates or updates the task list inside a chat thread.
- A client or a team member makes changes to a task list inside a chat thread.
- A client or a team member uploads/attaches a document to a chat thread.
- A client makes a prepayment.
- A client pays an invoice.
- An invoice is overdue.
- A task is assigned to you by someone.
- A task is due in three days.
- A job was created via automation.
- You were mentioned with the @ symbol by another team member in a message, task, note, or job comment.
- A team member requests access to the client's account
- A job failed to be created automatically.
- An automation failed while a job automoved to a new stage.
- Bulk-sending contracts failed.
- Bulk-sending messages failed.
- Sending email failed.
- IRS transcripts request is completed.
In the left sidebar, the circle displayed to the right of Inbox+ shows how many new notifications are available; red indicates they have not yet been reviewed.
Once you open Inbox+, the red circle becomes green. This lets you know you still have notifications in your Inbox+ that need to be looked at.
The circle disappears when all your notifications have been checked off as Archived (see below).
Taking Care of Notifications
Notifications are displayed in chronological order so that the most recent is on the top.
How to manage notifications:
- Open a notification to get more info: Click on the notification bar to expand it; click again to minimize it.
- Go to an account: Click on the account name.
- Go to the corresponding section: Click Go to... (the gray box with an arrow) in the bottom left of the expanded notification bar. This will take you to the email, invoice page, task, chat thread or document preview in a new tab. If an email address is linked to several accounts, you’ll be able to choose where you want to go.
- View and/or download a document: Click on the file’s name to open it.
- View an invoice or payment: Click on the invoice or payment link to see more.
- View a completed organizer/signed contract: Click on the organizer’s or contract’s name to open it.
- Archive a notification: Click Archive to move it to the Archived tab.
- Restore a notification: If you clicked Archive by mistake, you can always restore a notification. Go to the Archived tab, select the notification you want to restore, then click Restore (the green box with an arrow) on the bottom left of the expanded notification bar. It will then return to the Inbox+ tab.
- Perform bulk actions with notifications: To mark notifications as done or to restore all of them or several at once, select the checkbox at the top of the list or the checkboxes next to the documents, then click Archive or Restore.
By default, the notification list displays 25 notifications per page. To change the amount, select the number you prefer in the Rows per page menu on the bottom left of the page.
Team members who have access to a client’s account receive a notification in their Inbox+ whenever a client sends a new email to your firm or replies to an existing thread. When they reply to a thread, the notification is updated. When there’s a new email in a thread, the notification is updated and moves to the top. If it’s archived, it moves out of the To Do items.
You can also:
- Mute email threads: This turns off email notifications in a thread. For more on muting, go here.
- Create tasks from email: Learn more here.
- Save an attachment to Client’s Docs: Hover your mouse over the file thumbnail, click the save icon, then upload. You can also autosave attachments clients email you.
Coming soon: Reply immediately to email from Inbox+!
Team members get notifications in their Inbox+ about all events happening in the chats of the accounts they have access to. A notification includes...
- ...the event type (someone created a new thread, replied to it or updated the task list).
- ...the chat name and link to the thread.
- ...the name of the person who created the thread or updated it.
Expand the notification box to see the last message in the thread, author and list of client tasks (if any).
How message notifications work:
- A chat thread has one corresponding notification (it updates as new events occur).
- You receive a notification whenever a client sends a new message to your firm or replies to an existing thread.
- You receive a notification whenever a team member creates a new chat thread or replies to an existing thread in an account you have access to.
- When anyone replies to a thread or makes changes to client tasks, the corresponding notification is updated and moved to the top.
- Once a notification is archived, it moves out of the To Do list.
System messages pop up when a bulk action cannot be performed. To view all system notifications in your Inbox+, apply the System filter (for detailed instructions, see Filtering Notifications below). Learn how to troubleshoot all system notifications here:
Filters help narrow your notifications list. For example, find all notifications about invoices paid by all clients. For more on using filters, go here.
To filter a notifications list:
1. Click on Filter.
2. Use filtering by account name and/or notification type (invoices, emails, tasks, documents, organizers, chats, signatures, contracts, new accounts, jobs, mentions and system notifications). Apply one or several. The selected filters remain the same when you leave and reopen the page.
3. Click Apply.