How to Link Contacts to Accounts
Though linking contacts to accounts is optional, we recommend that you do it. A client won’t be able to have access to their portal unless a contact for them with their email address is linked to their account.
- How to Link Contacts While Creating New Accounts
- How to Link Contacts From a Client Account Profile
- How to Link Additional Contacts While Importing
How to Link Contacts From a Client Account Profile
You can link a contact to an account either while creating a new account or anytime afterward.
- Navigate to the Info tab of the client profile.
- Click on + Link Contacts in the top right corner of the Contacts section, then start typing the name of the contact. Add as many contacts as needed.
- Click ADD. All contacts along with their emails will now be displayed in the Contacts section of the client account profile. Once an account is linked to a contact, you can invite that person to use their TaxDome portal by turning on the LOGIN toggle to the right of their email address.
You can always see what accounts are linked to a specific contact by navigating to the contact’s info page.
You can always unlink a contact from an account by clicking the three-dots icon to the right of the contact’s name and selecting Unlink.
Note: Once you unlink a contact whose email address had the login toggle enabled, that person will no longer be able to log in to the account.