Sending and Receiving Emails in TaxDome
updated 8 days ago
There are lots of ways to communicate with clients, but email is the most common. Which is why our email integration feature lets you send emails to your clients without using Gmail or any other third-party app. Syncing your email account with TaxDome will save you time by letting you communicate effectively with your clients. And you’ll also be keeping all of your TaxDome business in one place.
- How to Sync Your Email With TaxDome
- Viewing Correspondence
- Composing an Email
- Replying to an Email
- Adding Attachments
- Sending Emails to Multiple Recipients (Bulk Mail)
- Searching Email
Once a client’s account is synced, you’ll be able to compose new emails and receive ones on TaxDome.
When a client has sent you an email, you’ll receive a notification in your Inbox+. To view it, click on the Go to link.
You can also access a client-specific inbox by navigating to Clients, clicking the client’s name, and then navigating to the Email tab. If there are unread emails from the client, the notification is displayed on the Email tab.
Emails are automatically threaded to prevent clutter. To view a conversation, click on the email subject line to see all the replies in a thread.
Sent emails are stored in the Sent tab.
Composing an Email
To send an email to a client:
1. Click the NEW MESSAGE button in the Email tab of the client’s profile or
Click the + NEW button on the left sidebar, select Email, then choose the client from the list. Your five most recent clients are displayed here. If the client you are searching for is not included, type their name, ID, or email address into the search field.
2. Your email will be displayed in the From field. If you want to send this email on behalf of another team member, select their name from the list. Note: They will need to enable their Allow others to send from my email toggle in their TaxDome account settings first.
3. The email address specified in the client’s profile is automatically displayed in the To field. You can add other recipients as needed.
4. Specify the subject of the email.
5. Write the body of the email. You can use different fonts, apply formatting, and add bullets or numbered lists to the email.
6. Click SEND.
Replying to an Email
To reply to an email you’ve received:
- Click on the email to expand the conversation, then click on the Reply button.
- Click the From field if you want to change the email’s sender name. Your team members will need to enable the Allow others to send from my email toggle in their TaxDome account settings to make their email addresses appear in the list.
- Click in the To field to add additional recipients.
- Write the body of the email. You can use different styles, formatting, and bulleted or numbered lists.
- Click SEND. If the email was sent on behalf of another team member, the new thread will be created.
There are two options for attaching files to emails sent from TaxDome:
- To add files from your computer, click ATTACH FILE, select the From My Computer option, then locate the file you want to upload. Learn about accepted file types here.
- To add files from TaxDome, click ATTACH FILE, select the From TaxDome option, click the year, then choose the file(s). You can add any of the files that are already uploaded to TaxDome and were made Public.
Note: If you’re sending a message containing a file from TaxDome to a recipient who is not a TaxDome user, they will not require a login to access it. To keep the file secure, you can set an expiration date on the link. Read more on Email Attachment Security here.
Sending Emails to Multiple Recipients (Bulk Email)
While your inbox in TaxDome is client-specific, you might sometimes need to send the same email to several clients at once. For example, you may want to notify all of your clients about an upcoming deadline or about an update at your firm.
Here’s how to send personalized emails in bulk:
1. Go to the Clients section from your left sidebar, then select the checkboxes next to the relevant client accounts. To select all accounts, select the checkbox in the top row. You can also use tags to filter the account list to the desired recipients. For example, your payroll clients may need to receive different mass emails than your corporate clients.
Note: You can send only 400 emails per day. If more than 400 recipients are selected, all the emails will not go out on that same day. TaxDome will split the queue and send only 400 at a time. And you will receive a notification letting you know how many days it will take to send out the entirety of the bulk email.
2. Click on the @SEND EMAIL button.
Note: If the @SEND EMAIL button is inactive, it means you haven’t synced your email yet. In order to proceed, you will need to sync your email account with TaxDome.
3. The accounts that were selected are automatically displayed in the To field. The recipient list can be easily changed here. You can add other accounts by clicking on the Add Recipient button. To delete recipients, click on the cross icon next to the address or click on the Add Recipient button and clear the checkbox next to the account’s name.
If any of your accounts selected has several linked e-mail addresses for which you have enabled the notifications, the message will be sent to all of them.
4. Specify the email subject.
5. Write the email body. You can use different styles, apply formatting, and add bullets or numbered lists.
6. Click Attach File to add files from your computer to the email. Read more on Email Attachment Security here.
7. Click Add Shortcode to include an account name within your email.
8. Click Send preview to me if you want to see what the message looks like before hitting send. Click on SEND TO ALL to send the message to all recipients. The email will be sent from your own email account (that you have synced with TaxDome), and you can see it in under Email in the Sent subtab of the client’s profile.
To search for a specific message, type a keyword into the search field, then click Enter on your keyboard. The email list will be narrowed according to your specified parameters.
You can search for an email by using a client’s name or a keyword from the email subject line or body.
Click the cross icon in the search field to clear the search.