There are plenty of ways to communicate with a client, but email is still the most common. Which is why the TaxDome email integration feature lets you send emails to your clients without using Gmail or any third-party app. Syncing your email account with TaxDome will save you time by letting you communicate effectively with your clients. Each client has their own correspondence history in TaxDome, so you will never miss important messages from a client amongst the hundreds of emails you receive daily. When you open a client profile, TaxDome automatically filters for correspondences from that client. This way, several team members (depending on the permissions you set) can see the client’s message history and communicate with them.
- How Sync Works
- Viewing Correspondences
- Composing Messages
- Searching in Messages
- Saving Attachments Directly to Client Documents
- Replying to Messages
- Adding Attachments
- Sending Messages to Multiple Recipients (Bulk Mail)
- Stopping Email Sync
Syncing an Email Account with TaxDome
First, you need to sync your email account with TaxDome. This will only need to be done once.
To promote better communication, we encourage all members of your team to sync their email to TaxDome. If other members of your team have synced their email, their messages with the client will be shown on the Email tab of the client's profile.
How Sync Works
Here's what happens once your email account is synced with TaxDome:
- Our system looks through all your messages and finds the ones that have been sent to/received from your clients. All those messages (regardless of their age) are added to the Email tab of the clients' profiles.
- The last five messages received from a client (regardless of their age) are shown on the Overview tab of the client's profile.
- All new messages received from your clients are shown in the Inbox+ section along with other notifications.
Once a client's account is synced you will be able to create new messages and receive emails from the client.
You can access the client-specific inbox by navigating to Clients, then clicking the client's name, and then navigating to the Email tab. If there are unread messages from the client the notification is displayed on the Email tab.
The messages are automatically threaded to prevent clutter. To view the conversation, click the message subject to see all replies in the thread.
Sent messages are stored in the Sent tab.
Searching in Messages
To search for a specific message, type a keyword into the Search field, then click Enter. The email list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
You may search for an email by a client's name, by a keyword in a message subject or body.
Click the cross icon in the Search field to clear the search.
Saving Attachments Directly to Client Documents
When a client emails an attachment, you can save it to TaxDome as if the client had uploaded it themselves. Open the email & click Save to TaxDome next to the file, select the year/folder where you would like it placed - and that's it!
You can also auto-save attachments emailed you by clients. To turn this feature on, click on your avatar at the bottom right, select View Profile, then turn the Automatically save attachments toggle on. With this feature, attachments from clients' emails (MS Office docs, PDF files, and images) will auto-save inside the client documents folder.
- If there is a file with the same name and size in the Client Uploaded section's Unsorted subsection, then the new one will not be saved.
- If there is a file with the same name but of a different size in the Client Uploaded section's Unsorted subsection, then the new file will be saved with the appropriate suffix (i.e. FileName (2).pdf).
- Files whose size exceeds 25 MB will not be saved.
Composing a New Message
To send an email to a client:
- Click on the New Message button in the Email tab of the client's profile OR
Click the +NEW button on the Sidebar, select Email, then select the client from the list. You can see the five most recent clients here. If the client you are searching for is not among them, start typing their name, ID or email.
2. The email address specified in the client's profile is automatically displayed in the To field. You can add other recipients as needed.
3. Specify the subject of the message.
4. Write the body of the message. You can use different fonts, apply formatting, add bullets or numbered lists to the message.
5. Click on ATTACH FILE to add files to the message. You can attach the files from your computer or use files that have been previously uploaded to TaxDome for the selected client.
6. Click SEND.
Replying to Messages
To reply to a message you have received:
- Click on the message to expand the conversation, then click on the Reply button
- Click in the To field to add additional recipients
- Write the body of the message. You can use different styles, word formatting, and bulleted/numbered lists.
- Click on the ATTACH FILE to add the files to the message. You can attach files from your computer or use files that have been previously uploaded to TaxDome for the selected client.
- Click on SEND.
You can attach files to emails sent from TaxDome. There are two options available:
- To add files from your computer, click on ATTACH FILE and then on From My Computer, then locate the file that you would like to upload. You can upload PDFs, Word files, Excel files, and images.
- To add files from TaxDome, click ATTACH FILE and then on From TaxDome, then select the tax year and click the file name. All the files uploaded to the Docs section's We Prepared subsection are available here.
Sending Messages to Multiple Recipients
While your inbox in TaxDome is client-specific you might find that you need to send the same message to several different clients. For example, sometimes you have to notify all your clients of upcoming deadlines or send them updates from your firm.
Here’s how to send personalized emails in bulk:
- Browse to the Clients section, then select the check boxes next to the relevant clients. To select all clients, select the check box at the top of the table. You can also use tags to filter the client list for the desired recipients. For example, in the event that your payroll clients need to receive different mass emails than your corporate clients.
Note that you can’t send more than 400 emails a day, so if more than 400 users are selected, all messages will not be sent immediately. The system will automatically split the queue and will be sending 400 emails per day. You will receive a notification about how many days it will take to send out your bulk mail.
2. Click on the @SEND EMAIL button.
If the @SEND EMAIL button is inactive, this means that you haven't synced your email yet. Please sync your email account with TaxDome in order to proceed.
3. The email addresses specified in client profiles are automatically displayed in the To field. The recipient list can be easily changed here. You may add other clients by clicking on the Add Recipient button. To delete recipients, click on the cross icon next to the address or click on the Add Recipient button and then clear the checkbox next to the client's name.
4. Specify the message subject.
5. Write the message body. You may use styles and apply formatting, as well as add bullets or numbered lists.
6. Click on the ATTACH FILE to add files from your computer to the message.
7. Click on the ADD SHORTCODE to include dynamic data points within your email. They help add a personal touch to the email notifications. Specifically, you can add the client’s first and/or last name. Don’t forget to include a space between the two shortcodes.
8. Click on the SEND PREVIEW TO ME if you want to see what the message looks like before sending it to your clients. Click on SEND TO ALL to send the message to all recipients. The email will be sent from your own email account (that you have synced with TaxDome) and you can see it in the Email > Sent subtab of the client's profile.
Stopping Email Sync
You can stop email sync or change the email address that is synced to TaxDome at anytime.
- Click your avatar at the bottom right, select View Profile, then click the STOP EMAIL SYNC button.
2. Click Yes, stop in the Stop email sync confirmation pop-up.
Email synchronization is now disabled. You can now sync another email with TaxDome.