Sending and Receiving Emails in TaxDome
By Mary Cooper
updated about 2 months ago
There are plenty of ways to communicate with a client, but email is still the most common. Which is why the TaxDome email integration feature lets you send emails to your clients without using Gmail or any third-party app. Syncing your email account with TaxDome will save you time by letting you communicate effectively with your clients.
- How to Sync Your Email With TaxDome
- Viewing Correspondences
- Composing an Email
- Replying to an Email
- Adding Attachments
- Sending Emails to Multiple Recipients (Bulk Mail)
- Searching in Emails
Once a client's account is synced you will be able to create new emails and receive the ones from the client.
Once your client has sent you email, you'll receive a notification in your Inbox+. Click the Go to link to view it.
You can also access the client-specific inbox by navigating to Clients, then clicking the client's name, and then navigating to the Email tab. If there are unread emails from the client the notification is displayed on the Email tab.
The emails are automatically threaded to prevent clutter. To view the conversation, click the email subject to see all replies in the thread.
Sent emails are stored in the Sent tab.
Composing a New Email
To send an email to a client:
1. Click on the NEW MESSAGE button in the Email tab of the client's profile OR
Click the +NEW button on the Sidebar, select Email, then select the client from the list. You can see the five most recent clients here. If the client you are searching for is not among them, start typing their name, ID or email.
2. Your email will be displayed in the From field. If you want to send this email on behalf of other team member, select their name from the list. Note that they should turn on Allow others to send from my email toggle in their TaxDome account settings first.
3. The email address specified in the client's profile is automatically displayed in the To field. You can add other recipients as needed.
4. Specify the subject of the email.
5. Write the body of the email. You can use different fonts, apply formatting, add bullets or numbered lists to the email.
6. Click SEND.
Replying to an Email
To reply to a email you have received:
- Click on the email to expand the conversation, then click on the Reply button
- Click the From field if you want to change the sender of an email. Your team members should turn on Allow others to send from my email toggle in their TaxDome account settings to make their emails appear in the list.
- Click in the To field to add additional recipients
- Write the body of the email. You can use different styles, word formatting, and bulleted/numbered lists.
- Click on SEND. If the email was sent on behalf of your team member, the new thread will be created.
You can attach files to emails sent from TaxDome. There are two options available:
- To add files from your computer, click on ATTACH FILE and then on From My Computer, then locate the file that you would like to upload. You can upload PDFs, Word files, Excel files, and images.
- To add files from TaxDome, click ATTACH FILE, select From TaxDome option, then click the year and select the file(s). You can add any of the files that are already uploaded to TaxDome and were made Public.
Note that if you're sending a message containing files from TaxDome to a recipient that is not a TaxDome customer, they will not require a login to access them. To keep it secure, you have an option to set link expiration date.
Sending Emails to Multiple Recipients
While your inbox in TaxDome is client-specific you might find that you need to send the same email to several different clients. For example, sometimes you have to notify all your clients of upcoming deadlines or send them updates from your firm.
Here’s how to send personalized emails in bulk:
1. Browse to the Clients section, then select the check boxes next to the relevant clients' accounts. To select all accounts, select the check box at the top of the table. You can also use tags to filter the account list for the desired recipients. For example, in the event that your payroll clients need to receive different mass emails than your corporate clients.
Note that you can’t send more than 400 emails a day, so if more than 400 users are selected, all emails will not be sent immediately. The system will automatically split the queue and will be sending 400 emails per day. You will receive a notification about how many days it will take to send out your bulk mail.
2. Click on the @SEND EMAIL button.
If the @SEND EMAIL button is inactive, this means that you haven't synced your email yet. Please sync your email account with TaxDome in order to proceed.
3. The email addresses specified in client profiles are automatically displayed in the To field. The recipient list can be easily changed here. You may add other clients by clicking on the Add Recipient button. To delete recipients, click on the cross icon next to the address or click on the Add Recipient button and then clear the checkbox next to the client's name.
4. Specify the email subject.
5. Write the email body. You may use styles and apply formatting, as well as add bullets or numbered lists.
6. Click on the ATTACH FILE to add files from your computer to the email.
7. Click on ADD SHORTCODE to include an account name within your email. It helps add a personal touch to the emails sent automatically.
8. Click on the SEND PREVIEW TO ME if you want to see what the message looks like before sending it to your clients. Click on SEND TO ALL to send the message to all recipients. The email will be sent from your own email account (that you have synced with TaxDome) and you can see it in the Email > Sent subtab of the client's profile.
Searching in Emails
To search for a specific message, type a keyword into the Search field, then click Enter. The email list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
You may search for an email by a client's name, by a keyword in a email subject or body.
Click the cross icon in the Search field to clear the search.