Accepting Payments (Credit Card & ACH)
To accept credit card or ACH payments on your TaxDome account, you’ll need to select a secure processing service (Stripe, CPACharge, or both), then connect to it by providing your business information, some identification, and linking it to your bank account. To find out more about payment-processing fees, click here.
- Selecting a Default Provider
- Connecting With Stripe
- Registering on Stripe
- Connecting With CPACharge
- How to Add CPACharge eCheck (ACH) Payment Processing
- Disconnecting From Credit Card Processing Service
Selecting a Default Provider
While you have the option to connect with both Stripe and CPACharge secure credit card processing services, it ’s important to select the one that will be the default for your firm’s bills. Note:
- If you have connected both services but haven’t selected the default provider, the one connected first becomes the default.
- If you have disconnected the service that was set as the default, the one still connected becomes the default.
To change your provider, go to Settings, select Integrations, then choose the preferred option from the drop-down menu in the Default Provider subtab.
Connecting With Stripe
To connect your TaxDome account with Stripe, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Integrations, then click Connect with Stripe in the Payments subtab.
2. If you already have a Stripe account, click the Sign in link on the top right of the page, then enter your Stripe credentials.
3. Authorize TaxDome to access your account by clicking the Connect my Stripe account button.
Your TaxDome account will then be connected with Stripe and payment processing enabled.
Registering on Stripe
If you don’t have a Stripe account yet, you’ll need to register to enable payment processing on TaxDome. Follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Integrations, click Connect with Stripe, then fill in the fields with all of the required information about your company. The information you provide will only be visible to you and any other administrators of the account.
2. Select your country, enter your business address, then select the type of business.
3. Add the website address for your business as well as a description and any other necessary info.
4. Enter your personal details and job title.
5. Enter the credit card statement details for your business (e.g., the business name and customer support’s phone number). This information will appear on your clients’ credit card statements.
6. Enter your bank details. Stripe will use this information to send you your payments.
7. Enter your email address and create a Stripe password. You can also enable two-step authentication by providing your cell phone number. Click Authorize access to this account to finish the registration.
If the registration is successful, your TaxDome account will be connected with Stripe and payment processing enabled.
Connecting With CPACharge
To connect your TaxDome account with CPACharge, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Integrations, then click CONNECT WITH CPACHARGE.
2. Enter your CPACharge credentials, then click SIGN IN.
3. Enter the validation code sent to your email, then click Confirm my browser.
4. If prompted, authorize TaxDome to access your account by clicking the Authorize button.
Your TaxDome account will then be connected with CPACharge and payment processing enabled.
How to Add CPACharge eCheck (ACH) Payment Processing
An eCheck is an electronic version of a paper check that has different payment-processing amounts of time. Check processing requires payment of a fee per check, but it is not based on the amount of the check (see CPACharge Payment Processing Fees for more). With an eCheck, money is electronically transferred from the payers’ checking account and directly deposited to the sellers account, after passing through the ACH network.
To add ACH payment processing to your TaxDome account, you should have an ACH (eCheck) account in your CPACharge account.
All new CPACharge firms are onboarded with an ACH (eCheck) account by default. Firms that have already registered with CPACharge before the release of the ACH feature can manually add it (follow the guide provided by CPACharge or contact CPACharge support).
- If you have already set up the CPACharge integration with TaxDome and now want to use ACH, reconnect with CPACharge (first disconnect, then connect with CPACharge once again).
- You have the option to customize the CPACharge payment form by selecting additional fields you want to be required to be filled when a user makes a payment.
- Go to the Payments subtab of the Integrations section to choose which payment methods you would like to use: credit card, ACH, or both.
When you select both, you’ll be able to specify the preferred payment method for each bill you issue or let the client choose.
Disconnecting From a Credit Card Processing Service
You can disconnect from Stripe or CPACharge at any point. For example, you may want to try a new credit card service provider. To do so, go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Integrations in the menu bar, then click the DISCONNECT button below the name of the provider you want to disable.