CRM (Basic): Client Account Profiles
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. If you use TaxDome Lite, please switch to this article.
TaxDome allows you to effortlessly maintain your clients’ personal information. At a quick glance, you can see everything you need to know about a client account on a single well-organized page. Plus, you can easily edit your client’s personal info.
- Accessing Account Information
- Account & Contacts Details
- Editing Account Details
- How to Reset Client's Password
Accessing Account Information
To access a client’s profile, click on the search icon at the top of the left sidebar, then type the name of the client or part of their email in the search field.
You can also access an account by navigating to Clients from the left sidebar and then clicking on the client’s name in the list.
You’ll always know whose client profile you are in because you’ll see their photo and account name on the left side of the menu bar.
Inside the Overview tab, you’ll find everything you need to know about the client account on a single page with information organized by category.
Here, you’ll be able to see all of this (with the option to View all to see even more in each section):
- Documents: five latest documents the client uploaded. All unseen documents automatically get a New tag, so that you can always see which ones you or a firm member haven’t viewed yet.
- Tasks: five latest tasks that are planned and/or in progress for the client
- Email: the client’s five latest emails and their status
- Jobs: the current jobs for the account, pipelines the client’s jobs are in, and what stages they are in
- Communication: the latest messages sent to the client and who responded and when
- Unpaid Invoices: the client’s unpaid invoices and whether they can be paid with existing credit
- Approvals: the latest documents requiring the client’s approval and signature
- Signatures: the documents sent to the client to be signed and the ones that still require signing
- Organizers: five latest organizers sent to the client and their status
- Login Activity: when the client last logged in
- Notes: five latest notes saved for the client
- Time Tracking: five latest time entries entered for the client
- Contracts: five last contracts or engagement letters sent to the client to be signed and the ones that still require signing
Account & Contacts Details
Every client account on TaxDome should be linked to one or more contacts. Some of the information for a client account refers to the account itself, while other information refers to its contacts.
On the Info tab of the client's profile, you can access and edit both info on the account and its linked contacts.
Account Details Section
Account Details section is where you can review and edit account data: account name, type, photo, tags applied, team members responsible for working on this account, etc.
Below, see detailed descriptions for each numbered field:
1. Account name. Accounts are the entities you work for and bill. They could be set up manually or generated automatically. (More on account names.)
2. Account profile photo. The photo uploaded to the profile either by the client or the firm.
3. Account type. There are two account types on TaxDome: Individual and Company. The difference is that for the Company type of account, you have additional fields in the account profile, company name and company address.
4. Tags. Used to categorize accounts. (More on tags.)
5. Team members. Your staff that has access to the client account. (More on account access.)
6. Account custom fields. If you have created and filled out custom fields for the account, they’re displayed here. You also can check the history of changes by clicking the corresponding link. (More on custom CRM fields.)
7. Related accounts. Here you can find all accounts with shared contacts. More on related accounts.
8. QuickBooks connection. QuickBooks sync status of the account. By default, only accounts with invoices or payments are synced. (More on account sync options.)
The Contacts section is where you can review and edit data on contacts (emails) linked to the current account: manage portal access, notification, email sync, signature settings. You can also unlink and link contacts. To edit the contact's email or any other data, click the name of the contact in the list.
Below, see the descriptions for each numbered field:
1. Linked contact. The names of all contacts are displayed in the alphabetical order.
2. Description of the linked contact. The description could be entered by clicking the 3. Edit description link. It is valid for the current account only, so if a contact is linked to several accounts, the descriptions could be different for each account (e.g., primary contact for the family account and CEO for the business account)
4. Additional email address. Other email addresses for the contact can be added as a contact custom field. All email contact fields are displayed here.
5. LOGIN. You can give portal access for each email address added to a contact. If the user has been already invited to use the client portal, but hasn't accepted the invitation, you can send it once again by clicking the 9. Send invitation link.
6. NOTIFY. For each email address added to a contact, you can decide if they will receive notifications on system events (e.g., a new message, or organizer sent). For each email, you can tweak the notification types by clicking the 10. Notification Preferences link.
7. EMAIL SYNC. For each email address added to a contact, you can decide if you want to receive emails and reply to them from TaxDome.
8. Signer priority. This option is used with signature templates. It determines the default order of signers. How to set up signer priority.
11. Disable signing contracts. This option is used when sending contracts to your clients. By default, the contract is considered to be signed when all contacts with login access sign it. However, you can disable signing contracts for any email address.
12. Unlink. If you don't want the contact to be linked to the account, you can unlink it. Note that each account should have at least one contact linked, so you won't be able to unlink the last one.
Some of the information for a client account refers to the account itself while other information refers to its contacts:
- The name for the client account (i.e., the name of the business, organization, or individual), photos are stored within their account.
- A client’s personal details—such as email address, phone number, street address—are stored within their contact. To change this info, you have to editing the contact.
- For each email address added to a contact, you can give the person the email belongs to portal access, turn on email sync, and sign them up for notifications. More on turning on the toggles.
- There are custom CRM fields in your accounts that are different from the custom CRM fields in your contacts. For instance, if you work with different organizations, you may want to store addresses and other details about them inside their account.
Editing Account Details
A firm owner, Admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage accounts can edit an account’s details.
To do so, navigate to the Info tab of the client’s profile, then click Edit to the right of Account Details.
From here you can:
- Change the account type
- Change the account name
- Assign/delete tags to the account
- Add/remove team members who have access to the account
- Edit company address
- Fill out the account custom fields
- Edit contacts associated with an account: link and unlink contacts, add new ones, edit contact details, change portal access, notifications, and sync options for contact emails