Client Profile Overview
TaxDome allows you to effortlessly maintain your clients’ personal information. At a quick glance, you can see everything you need to know about a client account on a single organized page, reducing your administrative time. Plus, you can easily edit client's personal info.
- Accessing Account Information
- Editing Clients’ Personal Details/Custom Fields
- How to Reset Client's Password
- Linking Contacts to Accounts
- Accessing the Read-Only View of Client Account Portal
Accessing Account Information
To access a client’s profile, click on the search icon at the top of the left sidebar, then type the name of the client or part of their email in the search field.
You can also access an account by navigating to Clients from the left sidebar and then clicking on the client’s name in the list.
You’ll always know whose client profile you are in because you’ll see their photo and account name on the left side of the menu bar.
Inside the Overview tab, you’ll find everything you need to know about the client account on a single organized page.
Here, you’ll be able to see all of this (with the option to View all to see even more):
- Documents: five latest documents the client uploaded. All unseen documents automatically get a NEW tag, so that you can always see which ones you haven’t viewed yet.
- Tasks: five latest tasks that are planned and/or in progress for the client
- Email: the client’s five latest emails and what status they are in
- Pipelines: the current jobs for the account, pipelines the client’s jobs are in, and what stages they are in.
- Messages: the latest messages sent to the client and who responded and when
- Unpaid Bills: the client’s unpaid bills and whether they can be paid with existing credit
- Approvals: the latest documents requiring the client’s approval and signature
- Signatures: the documents sent to the client to be signed and the ones that still require signing
- Organizers: five latest organizers sent to the client and what status they are in
- Login Activity: when the client last logged in
- Notes: five latest notes saved for the client
- Time Tracking: five latest time entries entered for the client
- Contracts: five last contracts sent to the client to be signed and the ones that still require signing
Editing a Client’s Personal Details/Custom Fields
Every client account on TaxDome ultimately needs to be linked to either one or more contacts. Some of the information for a client account refers to the account itself while other information refers to its contacts:
- A client’s personal details—such as email address, phone number, street address—are stored within their contact. See Editing a Contact for how to change that info.
- It’s possible to add an additional email address for a contact linked with an account if your client’s email has changed or if another person needs access to the account (e.g., a family member, business partner, or employee). See Contacts Custom Email Fields to find out how.
- There are custom CRM fields in your accounts which are different from the custom CRM fields in your contacts. For instance, if you work with different organizations you may want to store addresses and other details about them inside their account.
- The name for the client account (i.e., the name of the business, organization, or individual), photo are stored within their account.
A firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage accounts can edit an account’s details. Here’s how:
1. Navigate to the Info tab of the client’s profile.
2. Click on the pencil icon to the right of Account Details, then click on Upload Photo to add a photo for the account. Locate the image you want to upload, then crop it to fit. Clients also have the option to upload photos of themselves instead.
3. To update the account name and accounts custom fields, click the pencil icon to the right of Account Details, make your changes, then click the SAVE button.