Tags in Accounts and Tasks
Two to three words long and color-coded for quick recognition, tags help you filter your client accounts, contacts, time entries, and tasks. They provide details about an item and make it easy to locate similar ones with the same tag. You can apply tags either manually or via pipeline automation to one client or several at a time.
- Creating Tags
- Editing Tags
- Applying Tags to Client Accounts During an Import
- Applying Tags to Client Accounts as Pipeline Automations
- Applying Tags to Client Accounts Manually
- Bulk Tagging Client Accounts
- Applying Tags to Contacts
- Applying Tags to Tasks
- Applying Tags to Time Entries
- Filtering by Using Tags
- Deleting Tags
Tags can be created by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage tags. Here’s how to make a tag:
1. Either go to Settings, then Tags or go to Clients, open the client account you want to create the tag for, select Info in the menu bar, open the Tags tab, then click on the Create tag button.
Or you can access this page by selecting the Apply Tag For Account automation while creating or editing a pipeline, and clicking on the New Template button.
2. Select a color for the tag from the drop-down menu, enter a name for the tag, then click on the CREATE button.
You can edit tags anytime you want. Tags can be edited by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage tags.
1. Go to Settings, then Tags, click on the three-dots icon to the far right of the tag, then select Edit.
2. Change either the name or the color of a tag, or both. The changes are automatically saved.
Applying Tags to Client Accounts During an Import
While importing a client list to TaxDome, select tags you want to apply to the accounts you are transferring to TaxDome so that you are organized.
Note: The tags you select will be applied to all imported accounts, so if you want to use different tags for different accounts, you’ll have to prepare separate spreadsheets for each set of tags.
Applying Tags to Client Accounts as Pipeline Automations
Tags can be automatically applied when a job moves to a new stage in a pipeline. Here’s how to set that up:
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click on the pipeline name or the CREATE PIPELINE button.
2. Select the stage you want to add the automation to, click + Add automation, then choose Apply Tag For Account in the pull-down menu.
3. Select the tag you want automatically applied.
4. Click the SAVE button to save your changes.
Bulk Tagging Client Accounts
When you need to apply tags to many client accounts, bulk tag rather than doing one at a time, so you get the job done faster:
1. Go to Clients, then select the checkboxes next to the client accounts you want to tag. To select all clients, click the uppermost checkbox.
2. Click on the MANAGE TAGS button.
3. You’ll see a list with all your tags. For each tag, select one of these options:
- Do nothing: The tag won’t be assigned to the account. If an account already has a tag, it will remain.
- Assign to all: The tag will be assigned to all selected accounts.
- Remove from all: If any of the selected accounts already have the tag, it will be removed.
4. Click ASSIGN TAGS.
Aplying Tags to Client Accounts Manually
You can assign a tag to a client account while creating it or at any point later. To assign a tag or several to a client account, follow these steps:
1. Go to Clients, open the client account profile, select Info in the menu bar, then open the Tags tab. You’ll see all available tags in the Assign Tags list.
2. Turn on the toggle next to the tag that you want to assign to the account; you can assign as many as needed.
To see all assigned tags, open your All Accounts list. If a client account has been given more than one tag, only the first is visible in the list. Hover your mouse over the bubble showing the number of tags to see the other ones.
Applying Tags to Contacts
Applying Tags to Tasks
You’ll be able to view all assigned tags in your Tasks list and on your dashboard. If a task has more than one tag, only the first one is visible in the list. Hover your mouse over the bubble showing the number of tags to see the other ones.
Applying Tags to Time Entries
To see all tags assigned to your time entries, go to Billings, then open the Time Entries tab.
Filtering by Using Tags
Tags come in handy when you need to look for specific types of clients, contacts, or tasks. For example, you can quickly find all clients who need a Form 1040 or Form 5471 to be prepared. There are two ways you can filter tags:
- Quickly filtering your account list by selecting a tag
- Filtering your account or task list by selecting several tags or no tags
Quickly filtering your account list by selecting a tag
To filter by choosing a tag:
1. Go to Clients, then select the All Accounts or Clients tab.
2. Click on any tag.
You’ll then see all client accounts and contacts with that tag.
Filtering your account or task list by selecting several tags or no tags
If you want to filter your account or task list by choosing more than one tag, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Filter button, then select the tag(s) you want to see.
2. Click APPLY.
The list of accounts or tasks will then be narrowed to ones only with the tag(s) you’ve selected.
- You’ll see a tag in the TAGS filter pull-down only if it is applied to at least one of the accounts or tasks.
- If you select two tags, the accounts or tasks with any of those two tags will be displayed.
- If you need to find all accounts or tasks with no tags, select the NO TAGS option in the Tags filter pull-down.
Tags can be deleted by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage tags. Here are the steps:
- Go to Settings in the Tags section. Note: In the Users and Tasks columns you can see the amount of users and tasks for each tag.
- Click on the three-dots icon to the far right of the tag, click Delete, then confirm.