Custom Folder Templates
Folder templates help to speed up the process of making document folders in client accounts. Organize clients' data by creating folder templates and applying them to specific client accounts. Folder templates can also include files. Thus, if you want to upload the same file to thousands of clients at once - this is an easy way to do that.
- Creating Folder Templates
- Applying Folder Templates
- Auto-Uploading Documents to Client Accounts With Folder Templates
- Editing Folder Templates
- Deleting Folder Templates
- Default Folder Templates, Explained
Creating Folder Templates
Folder templates can be created by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage templates.
To create a folder template:
1. Go to Settings in the left sidebar menu, choose Templates in the menu bar, select the Folders tab, then click the CREATE TEMPLATE button.
Or you can access this page by selecting the Apply Folder Template automation while creating or editing a pipeline, and clicking on the New Template button.
2. In the Create Folder Template window, you’ll see three main folders, one for each location (Private, Public, and Client’s Docs). To begin creating a folder template, enter a name for it (see demo below).
3. Next, you have the following options in all three locations:
- Create folders: Click the three-dots icon to the right of the location, click New Folder, type a name for the folder, then press enter on your keyboard.
- Rename folders: Click the three-dots icon to the right of the folder, click Rename, type a new name for the folder, then press enter on your keyboard. Note: The Unsorted folder cannot be renamed.
- Delete folders: Click the three-dots icon to the right of the folder, then click Delete. Note: The Unsorted folders cannot be deleted.
4. If you want to upload the same file to many of your clients at once, add files to the folders: drag-and-drop files or click icons to browse your computer. Add as many files to different locations ( Private, Public, or Client's Docs) as you like. For example, you can put accounting, bookkeeping or tax templates to the Private folder, service agreement to the Public folder, etc.
5. Once you’re done creating the folder template, click CREATE.
Applying Folder Templates
A folder template can be applied by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage documents.
You can apply a folder template when you create an account or at any time.
- You can apply different folder templates to a client account as many times as needed. The folders that have already been created for that account will not be deleted.
- When you apply folder templates, existing folders are not deleted.
- After applying a folder template, changes to the folder structure can still be made manually in the Docs tab or within the tree view when uploading documents.
You can apply folder template several ways:
- Apply a Folder Template to One Client Account
- Apply a Folder Template to Multiple Client Accounts
- Apply Folder Templates to Client Accounts as Automations
Apply a Folder Template to One Client Account
To apply a folder template to a client account, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Docs tab of any client account, then click the Apply Folder Template button.
2. Click in the Folder Template field to select a template from the drop-down menu (e.g., New Clients, below), then click APPLY to change the folder structure for the selected client account.
Apply a Folder Template to Multiple Client Accounts
To apply a folder template to lots of client accounts:
1. Go to Clients, select the checkboxes next to the client accounts you want to apply a folder template to, click on the three-dots icon, then click Apply folder templates.
2. Add more accounts if needed by typing a name, ID, or email address into the search field.
3. Click in the Folder Template field to select one of the templates from the drop-down menu (e.g., New Clients, below), then click APPLY to change the folder structure for the selected accounts.
Apply Folder Templates to Client Accounts as Automations
Folder templates can be added as automations within a pipeline. This way, when a job for a client moves to a new stage in a pipeline, a new folder structure is automatically applied to the client’s account. Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings in the left sidebar menu, select Pipelines, then click on the pipeline name or the CREATE PIPELINE button.
2. Select the stage of the pipeline you want to link the automation to, click + Add automation, select Apply Folder Template in the pull-up menu.
3. Click inside the Apply Folder Template field, select the template in the pull-up menu, then click the SAVE button to keep your changes.
Once a job moves to a stage with an Apply Folder Template automation, a pop-up will appear showing the automations that will be triggered. If you don’t want folders to be automatically created, deselect the action, then click Move.
Editing Folder Templates
To make changes to a template, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings in your left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Folders, then click on the folder template name.
2. Make changes to the folder template, then click the SAVE button. You can add or delete folders in any of the three locations (Private, Public, or Client Docs).
Note: The changes you make to a folder template will not be reflected elsewhere. You will need to apply the updated template to the client account to see the new changes. And previously created folders will not be deleted.
Deleting Folder Templates
You can remove a folder template if you don’t need it anymore. Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the folder’s template name, select Delete from the drop-down, then click the SUBMIT button. All folder structures created for your client accounts with that template will remain.
Default Folder Templates, Explained
When you add new accounts to TaxDome (either manually or by importing them), a default folder template named Default Tax Years is automatically applied to them. You don’t need to create folders or apply folder templates manually for each of your new accounts.
If you don’t want to use the default folder template, you can either change it to another one, edit it (years are not obligatory), or create new accounts without it:
- To use another folder template as the default: Navigate to Settings in the left sidebar menu, select the Firm Settings tab, and then choose the template you want to use as the default in the Default Folder Template section. Click SAVE.
- To edit the Default Tax Years template: Navigate to Settings in the left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Folders, then click on Default Tax Years. Make changes to the template by editing, deleting, or adding any folders, then click the SAVE button.
- To create new accounts without folder templates: Navigate to Settings, select the Firm Settings tab, then click the cross icon in the Default Folder Template section. Click the SAVE button.