How to Move Documents & Folders
- How to Move Documents to Folders Inside a Client Account
- Can I Move Documents From One Client Account to Another?
How to Move Documents to Folders Inside a Client Account
Note: You cannot move documents that are locked or waiting for approval or to be signed to the P rivate or Client’s Docs locations. If you’ve selected a folder that contains this kind of file, it will not be moved.
1. Select the checkbox next to the documents and/or folders you want to move, then click the Move button. To select all items, click on the topmost checkbox.
2. Continue by selecting the settings for the file:
- To move documents to the Client’s Docs or Private location, navigate to the folder you want to move them to or create a new folder for them, then click the MOVE button.
- To move documents from the Private to the Public location, continue to upload. See Additional Options When Uploading to Public for more details.
- Repeat for each file by clicking on the Next Document link, then click PUBLISH or PUBLISH ALL.
Can I Move Documents From One Client Account to Another?
You cannot move files from one client account to another. Each file contains a unique audit trail and other useful information that does not carry over from account to account.
If you upload a file to the wrong account, please delete it and upload to the correct one.
If you are using the TaxDome Drive to manage your documents, you can copy and paste a file into a new account folder, but you cannot drag-and-drop it. Copying and pasting the file creates a second file in the new account, but it does not delete the original file from the initial account.