Team (Advanced): Change the Firm Owner
In order to change the firm owner to a new one in your TaxDome account, you must change the login email.
1. First, make sure the new firm owner is not using their email address anywhere else on TaxDome. For example, they may be using the email address as a client or team member.
- If the new firm owner is using their email address as a team member, they will need to log in as the team member and change the email to something else (see the article).
- If the new firm owner is using their email address as a client, they will need to change their email address to something else or delete the associated contact (see the article).
2. Log in as the firm owner, navigate to Settings, then click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the Login Details section.
3. Enter your current password, enter the new email, then click on the SAVE button.
3. Enter the verification code sent to your new email address, then click SUBMIT.