Invoice List (Basic): Filter, Search, Print
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
TaxDome gives you lots of tools to manage and keep track of your client’s invoices. Access all your invoices at once or just the invoices for a specific client. Filter a list of invoices, print or export them to a CSV file—and more.
- Your Invoice Page
- Printing the Invoice List
- Searching for an Invoice
- Filtering a List of Invoices
- Sorting a List of Invoices
- Exporting Invoice Lists From TaxDome
Your Invoice Page
To see the invoices for all your accounts, go to the Invoices page from the left sidebar.
To view invoices for one client, go to Clients, select the account, then go to the Invoices tab from their profile. The Invoices tab in the client’s profile is available to a firm owner, admin or any team member with Manage invoices access rights.
On the Invoices page, you’ll see these column headers:
- #: Each invoice has a unique number.
- Paid: green
- Unpaid: red
- In progress: yellow
- Overdue: black (you can choose the number of days before an invoice becomes overdue)
- ASSIGNED TO: Click the name of the team member assigned to the client to view their contact information and access rights.
- POSTED: This is the date the invoice was issued.
- AMOUNT: This is the amount of the invoice.
- SYNC: If you have synced TaxDome with QuickBooks, you’ll see a link to the invoice in QuickBooks here.
- CLIENT: This is the client being invoiced; click their name to go to their profile.
- PAID: Once the invoice is paid, the payment date, or time (if the same day), appears here.
- DESCRIPTION: If added when the invoice was created, a memo about the contents of the invoice appears here.
- LOCKED DOCS: These are the documents linked to the invoice; click the links to view them.
The total number of invoices, the total paid, and the total unpaid are displayed on the top left of the Invoice page. When the list is filtered, amounts are recalculated.
Printing the Invoice list
Click the printer icon on the top right of the Invoices page to print the list.
By default, the Invoices list displays 25 per page. If you want to print more than 25, select the number in the Rows per page menu on the bottom left of the page before you print.
Your browser will offer to print the list; it will include the date and time.
Searching for an Invoice
To find specific invoices, type a keyword in the search field—an invoice number, the first/last name of the client, or the assigned team member—then press enter on your keyboard.
Click the x in the search field to clear it.
Filtering a List of Invoices
Filters are useful when you need to find certain types of invoices. For example, filtering might allow you to quickly find all unpaid invoices. There are four ways to filter:
By account: See only the invoices issued to a specific client.
By time frame: See only the invoices issued during the last year or a specific number of years, months or days.
By amount: See only the invoices in an amount greater or lesser than or equal to a specific amount.
By status: See only the invoices that are paid or unpaid. When you select Unpaid, you are given an option to additionally display overdue ones.
By service: See only the invoices that include specific services.
To narrow down a list of invoices, click Filter in the top-right corner of the page, select the filters, then click Apply. Save your filter combinations as templates for future use. For more details on applying filters, go here.
Sorting a List of Invoices
Sort invoices by status, date posted, date paid, amount, account or assigned team member. Click the up-down arrows next to the chosen column name to sort the list. The sorting option can also be applied after searching or filtering invoices.