Invoices List (Basic): Filter, Search, Print
This page applies to TaxDome Pro! pricing plan only. You can upgrade anytime.
TaxDome gives you lots of tools to manage and keep track of your client’s invoices. Access all of your invoices at once or just those for one client. Filter your list, print or export as CSV, and more.
- Your Invoices List, Explained
- Printing Invoices List
- Searching for an Invoice
- Filtering a List of Invoices
- Sorting a List of Invoices
- Exporting Invoice Lists From TaxDome
Your Invoices List, Explained
To see the invoices for all of your client accounts, go to the Invoices section.
To view invoices for a particular client, go to Clients, select the client, then go to the Invoices tab from their profile. The Invoices tab in the client’s profile is available to a firm owner, Admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage invoices.
On the Invoices page, you’ll find columns for the following information:
- #: Each invoice is given a unique number.
- Paid — green, an invoice is paid;
- Unpaid — red, unpaid;
- In progress — yellow, waiting for approval from the bank's side or the 3-D Secure code;
- Overdue — black, overdue. You can choose the number of days before an invoice becomes overdue.
- ASSIGNED TO: Click the name of the team member assigned to the client to view their contact information and access rights.
- POSTED: This is the date the invoice was issued.
- AMOUNT: This is the amount of the invoice.
- SYNC: If you have synced TaxDome with QuickBooks, you’ll see a link to the invoice in QuickBooks here.
- CLIENT: This is the name of the invoiced client. Click on the name to go to their profile.
- PAID: Once an invoice is paid, the payment's date or time (if same day) appears here.
- DESCRIPTION: A brief description of the contents of the invoice appears here if added when the invoice was created.
- LOCKED DOCS: The documents linked to the invoice appear here. Click on their links to view them.
The total number of invoices, the total paid, and the total unpaid are displayed on the top left of the Invoices page. When the list is filtered, amounts are automatically recalculated.
Printing Invoices List
To print an invoices list, click the Print button at the top right of the page.
By default, the invoices list displays 25 invoices per page. If you want to print more invoices select the number you’d prefer in the Rows per page menu at the bottom left of the page prior to printing.
Your browser will offer you to print the list. This will include the current date and time.
Searching for an Invoice
To find a specific invoice or invoices, type a keyword in the search field—the invoice number, the first/last name of the client, or the assigned team member—then press enter on your keyboard. The list is then narrowed.
Click the x icon in the search field to clear it.
Filtering a List of Invoices
Filters are useful when you need to find a certain type of invoice. For example, filtering allows you to quickly find all of your clients’ currently unpaid invoices. There are four ways to filter invoices:
By account: See only the invoices issued to a specific client.
By time frame: See only the invoices issued during the last year or a specific number of years, months, or days.
By amount: See only the invoices in an amount greater or lesser than or equal to a specific amount.
By status: See only the invoices that are paid or unpaid, When you select the Unpaid, you will be given an option to additionally display the Overdue ones.
By service. See only the invoices that include specific services.
To narrow a list of invoices using filters, click the Filter button in the top-right corner of the page, select the desired filter(s), then click Apply. All filters are reusable and could be saved as templates. Read more on using filters in the article.
Sorting a List of Invoices
Sort invoices by status, date posted, date paid, amount, client account name, or assigned team member. Click the up-down arrows next to the chosen column name to sort the list. The sorting option can also be applied after searching or filtering invoices.