TaxDome helps you simplify and streamline the end-to-end flow of your entire accounting process. If you are used to managing your books in QuickBooks Online, you can link your TaxDome and QBO accounts. Once they are linked, you will see information about all payments made through TaxDome in your QuickBooks account.
Here is what's covered in this article:
- Which Data is Transferred?
- How to Connect to QuickBooks
- Changing Default Currency
- Navigating to QuickBooks Payments from TaxDome
- Syncing Your TaxDome Clients with QuickBooks
- Disconnecting from QuickBooks
Which Data is Transferred?
Once the QuickBooks connection is set up, the following information from TaxDome will be available in your QuickBooks account:
- Payment details
- Details of the invoice paid by the payment. Invoices paid from user’s credit balance are also marked as paid in QuickBooks.
- Details of credit card transaction fee (if any)
- Details of the customer who made the payment
Note that if you have QuickBooks connected to the bank account where Stripe payouts are made, you may encounter a double counting. Read more on How to Avoid Double Counting Stripe Transactions article.
How to Connect to QuickBooks Online
To sync data between TaxDome and QuickBooks:
- Go to Settings > QuickBooks, then click Connect with QuickBooks.
2. Enter your QuickBooks credentials, then click Sign in.
3. Click Connect to give TaxDome access to use your QuickBooks online data.
The connection is established. You’re redirected to the TaxDome.
Changing Default Currency
The connection will only be established if your currency settings in TaxDome and QuickBooks match. When you first registered your firm with TaxDome, you chose your default currency. If your default currency in QuickBooks doesn’t match your currency in TaxDome, you’ll get an error.
To change your currency setting in QuickBooks:
- Click the gear icon at the top right, then select Account and Settings.
2. Navigate to the Advanced tab, then click the pencil icon next to Currency setting, select the currency that matches the one in your TaxDome account, then click Save.
Navigating to QuickBooks Payments from TaxDome
Once your TaxDome and QuickBooks accounts are connected, the data about payments and bills is automatically transferred to QuickBooks.
You can easily get information about any transaction sent to QuickBooks. Simply navigate to the Billings section, find the bill/payment you need, and then click the QB icon in the Sync column. The bill/payment page in QuickBooks will open.
Syncing Your TaxDome Clients with QuickBooks
TaxDome bills and payments can be automatically synced with QuickBooks only if your TaxDome client data matches your QuickBooks client data. If a TaxDome bill or payment created for a client whose personal data doesn’t match one in QuickBooks, you will be prompted to sync this client manually.
Once bill or payment is created for a client whose data can’t be found in QuickBooks automatically, you’ll see a notification in Settings showing the number of issues that need your attention.
Navigate to Settings > Quickbooks, select the client’s name, then click Submit. If there are no unmatched clients in QuickBooks, you will be offered to create a new client.
The bills/payments for that client going forward will be synced with QuickBooks.
Disconnecting from QuickBooks
To disable synchronization with QuickBooks, go to Settings > QuickBooks, then click the Disconnect button under the QuickBooks Connection section.