Your First Week With TaxDome
Hi and welcome! Here, we guide you through the step-by-step process of getting your practice up and running on TaxDome. We show you all the fundamentals, so that you can get started right away.
- 1. In-Depth Product Webinars
- 2. Importing Client Accounts
- 3. Team Walk-Through
- 4. Importing Documents
- 5. Setting Up Templates
- 6. Setting Up Jobs
- 7. Setting Up Automations
- 8. Setting Up Integrations
- 9. One-on-One Onboarding
1. In-Depth Product Webinars
Support is free and included with TaxDome. Every working day we conduct free product webinars to help you get started on TaxDome faster—and use it to its fullest potential. While our demo showcases the basics, the webinars are in-depth training sessions that cover topics:
- Data import and the difference between accounts and contacts
- Tools to communicate with clients
- Exchanging documents with clients
- How to customize each business process: tax, bookkeeping, audit, etc. Bulk actions and automation tools
- Invoicing, time tracking, Stripe, QuickBooks Online, CPACharge integrations
You can take a look at the webinar agenda on our TaxDome Product Webinars page and book a seat for the ones that are relevant to you. Each session comes with an extensive Q&A. If you’re not able to attend the live version, no problem! Register anyway, and we’ll send you an email with the recording and the Q&A transcript. And you can always watch a recording of any previous webinar.
2. Importing Client Accounts
TaxDome helps manage your clients by having all the info you need about them easily available. You’ll see Accounts and Contacts on TaxDome. Accounts are your main clients, whether a business or individual. Contacts are all the individuals you interact with in the course of business. Еach client account on TaxDome has a corresponding contact or perhaps even several.
To transfer your accounts to TaxDome:
1. Import your contacts. Although you can create new contacts and client accounts manually, importing contacts in bulk is faster. (Follow the import wizard, described here.)
2. Add client portal access to your accounts. Invite your clients to use their client portal, so they can share important documents with you, pay invoices, view their payment history, stay informed about upcoming deadlines, answer questions, and complete tax organizers—all in one spot.
For more details on adding client portal access to accounts, go here.
For templates on how to introduce TaxDome to your clients, go here.
For our tips on how to automate client onboarding, go here.
3. Team Walk-Through
Are you working by yourself or with a team? If it’s not just you, add your team members to TaxDome. Once you do, you’ll be able to assign tasks, give them access to accounts, explore revenue metrics, and more.
1. Add team members. Team members are easily added to your TaxDome account, either on a monthly or yearly subscription basis. You can decide which clients they’ll work with and what access rights they’ll need. (For more details on adding team members, go here.)
2. Select access rights for team members. Depending on their responsibilities, team members can be given different access rights on TaxDome. For example, you may not want temp staff to have access to the firm’s invoice history. (For more details on giving access rights to team members, go here.)
3. Give team members account access. Once a team member is given account access, they can view and edit the client’s info, upload documents, create invoices, send messages, create notes, or view linked contacts. They’ll also receive notifications about any client activity on the account. (For more details on giving team members access to client accounts, go here.)
4. Importing Documents
With TaxDome, you’ll have unlimited cloud-based storage space. All documents for each client are stored in the Docs section of their profile. If you use a custom folder structure for your clients’ documents, it’s a good idea to first start setting that up on TaxDome before you upload their files.
1. Create a folder template. (For more details on creating folder templates, go here.)
2. Apply folder template to your client accounts. (For more details on applying folder templates, go here.)
3. Import client documents to specific folders either by:
- Using the + NEW button at the top of the left sidebar menu, then dragging-and-dropping the appropriate files and folders into the TaxDome folders. (For more details on uploading documents, go here.)
- Using the Bulk Upload feature of the TaxDome Desktop App. (For more details on bulk uploading, see our guides for Windows and Mac.)
- Using TaxDome Drive, then dragging-and-dropping to TaxDome from your file manager. (For more details on setting up a TaxDome drive on your desktop, go here.)
5. Setting Up Templates
TaxDome is all about automation. So the first thing you can do to automate routine processes is create templates. Templates will save you loads of time when you create tasks for your team, send organizers, contracts, invoices, messages, or emails to your clients. And the best thing about creating templates is that you can use them as automations in your pipelines, too. Find out more about creating specific templates below:
- Folder Template
- Invoice Template
- Organizer Template
- Contract Template
- Task Template
- Email Template
- Message Template
Please see Just Start: Your First Pipeline With Automations tutorial where we explain how typical pipeline with templates and automations is created and what happens when you add a job to it and move it further.
6. Setting Up Jobs
Jobs are the individual projects a client pays you to do, such as a 2020 tax return or a January payroll. TaxDome offers simple and intuitive tools to track the progress of jobs. Each one moves through a pipeline: an established work procedure made up of the steps required to get the job done. A pipeline can include as many clients, jobs, and stages (steps) as needed. To start using jobs:
1. Create your first pipeline or use one of the templates from our library. (Learn more about using our ready-made pipeline templates here.)
2. There are three ways to add jobs to a pipeline:
- Using the + NEW button at the top of the left sidebar menu.
- Using the Add Job button in the Accounts list.
- Using the Add Job button in a pipeline.
(Read more about how to set up and manage jobs in our hep article Using Jobs.)
6. Setting Up Automations
Automation is everywhere in today’s busy world and presents itself in many ways. TaxDome offers automations for your workflow that save time and remind you what needs to be done next during a work procedure. Automations can be set up to be triggered when a job enters a pipeline and as it moves from stage to stage. With our automations, you can...
- ...send a hello message to a client once a job is added to a pipeline.
- ...send an email to a client once a job is moved to a specific stage of a pipeline.
- ...create tasks for your team once a new job is added.
- ...do more than just the above! Plus, we’re constantly adding new automations.
Automations work inside pipelines. (For more details on how to set up automations, go here.)
7. Setting Up Integrations
TaxDome helps you streamline the end-to-end flow of your entire accounting process. If you like using web tools, you can link TaxDome to your other accounts.
- Email: TaxDome gives you a shared inbox for each client, which keeps things organized. To use this feature, you’ll need to sync your email account with TaxDome. (Read our how-to here.)
- Zapier: Connect to Zapier to synchronize TaxDome contacts with your favorite applications (such as Google Sheets, Mailchimp, or any of the 2,000 apps that Zapier supports), so that your data stays relevant and you can avoid doing multiple entries. (Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to connect to Zapier.)
- Stripe, CPACharge: Connect to a secure credit card processing service of your choice to accept credit card payments on your TaxDome account. (For more details on more on how to set up your preferred service, go here.)
- QuickBooks Online: Sync your TaxDome account with QuickBooks to see all invoices and payments made through TaxDome in your QuickBooks account. (Read more about how to ensure a seamless sync with QuickBooks here.)
8. One-on-One Onboarding
Support is free and included with TaxDome. If you’ve attended the live demo and our in-depth webinars but still have questions, you can also take advantage of our free one-on-one onboarding session (You can choose between 15 or 45 minutes). In real time, we walk you through the process of setting up your firm on TaxDome and answer all your questions. During the demo and product webinars, we shared our screen with you to show you our feature overview; during the onboarding session, you share yours with us as we guide you through the steps and make sure you’re ready to take your practice to the next level.