Custom Message Templates
Message templates are for communications you regularly send to different clients on TaxDome that require little to no change in content. They can also be used as automations in pipelines for automatic notifications to clients. This way, you won’t have to compose a new message every time a certain type of notification needs to go out.
- Creating Message Templates
- Auto-Sending Messages to Client Accounts as Automations
- Editing Message Templates
- Deleting Message Templates
Creating Message Templates
A message template can be created by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage templates.
To create a message template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Messages, then click the CREATE TEMPLATE button.
Or you can access this page by selecting the Send Message automation while creating or editing a pipeline, and clicking on the New Template button.
2. Enter a name for the template. This is what you’ll see when you select it.
3. Select the name of the team member on behalf of whom the message should be sent. This is what the recipient will see in the message thread, no matter who has moved the job to the next stage.
The automated message can be sent to either...
- ...the accounts assigned to the selected team member or
- the team member who has been given access rights to view all accounts.
4. Name the message. This is what will appear in the message list once the message is sent.
5. Write the message. You can use different formatting as well as add links. To personalize the message, click on Add shortcode to include the name of the person associated with the account.
6. Turn the Tasks toggle on to add client tasks that will be displayed like items on a to-do checklist. Click Add task to add more to-do items. Once a task is completed, either you or the client can check off the box. Learn more about managing client tasks here.
7. When you’re done in the Create Message Template window, click the SAVE button.
Editing Message Templates
To make changes to a message template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Messages, then click on the message template name in the list.
2. Make changes to the message template, then click the SAVE button.
Deleting Message Templates
To remove a message template completely, go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, the open Messages. Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the message template name, select Delete, then click DELETE in the Delete Confirmation pop-up.