Custom Job Templates
You can create job templates that can be used for adding new typical jobs. Job templates save time by putting together commonly used sets of jobs and storing them for future use. You’ll find them especially helpful for bulk adding jobs for frequently used procedures.
- Creating Job Templates
- Applying Job Templates
- Editing Job Templates
- Duplicating Job Templates
- Deleting Job Templates
Creating Job Templates
A job template can be created by a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to manage templates.
To create a job template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Jobs, then click the Create Template button.
2. Enter the name of the job template (e.g., Prepare 1040) in the required field. This is what you will see when selecting a template while adding jobs.
3. Enter the name of the job. This is what you will see in your pipelines.
5. Set the priority that the jobs should start with: LOW, HIGH, MEDIUM, or URGENT.
6. Enter a description to define the jobs (optional). You can apply formatting or add bullets or numbered lists to the description.
8. Set due date for the jobs; these are considered either relative or absolute (approximate or firm). When using relative dates (the default option), you can set a period of time that is relative to the date the job was created (e.g., start one day after the job was created; finish two weeks after it was created). If you want to select a due date from the calendar instead (for example, April 15), turn the Absolute dates toggle on.
You also can skip setting due dates. Setting dates is optional but can act as a helpful time-management tool for both you and your team.
9. Add custom comments, for example, something your team members need to know to complete the job.
10. When you’re done working in the Create Job Template window, click the Save button.
Applying Job Templates
Once you’ve created a template, you can use it to speed up your job creation. Here’s how:
2. Click the Template list to expand it, then select your desired template.
3. Continue by creating the job. You can now add accounts, and indicate the pipeline.
Editing Job Templates
To make changes to a job template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Jobs, then click on the job template name in the list.
2. Make changes to the job template, then click the Save button.
Duplicating Job Templates
You can create new job templates from existing ones. Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the job’s template name, then select Duplicate from the pull-down menu. The job template’s copy will be saved with the appropriate suffix (e.g., Form 940 (2)).
Deleting Job Templates
To remove a job template completely, go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Jobs, click the three-dots icon to the far right of the job’s template name, select Delete in the pull-down menu, then click the DELETE button.