Invoices (Basic): Edit, Print, Download, Delete
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
Learn everything you need to know about managing your invoices: how to download, print and edit them. Plus, know how to quickly check whether your clients have paid—and more!
- Knowing When an Invoice has Been Paid or Prepaid
- Viewing an Invoice Payment History
- Printing or Downloading PDF Invoices
- Editing Invoices
- Emailing Invoices
- Duplicating an Invoice
- Deleting Invoices
- Linking and Auto-Moving Invoices in Jobs
Knowing When an Invoice Has Been Paid or Prepaid
Clients can either make a prepayment ( if allowed in settings) in any amount or pay when an invoice is due. In the client’s account, prepayments show up as credits to use for future invoices.
You’ll always receive an email when a client makes a prepayment, pays an invoice in full or has an invoice that has become overdue. You’ll also get a notification in your Inbox+. Click Go to... to get to the client’s Invoices page.
Note: Change your notification preferences at any time.
Viewing an invoice payment history
To view a payment history for an invoice, click the three dots to the far right of the invoice, then select View invoice. You'll then see it displayed in the sidebar.
The payment history shows the source, date, amount, and refund, if any. Click the payment type in the Source column to jump to the payment information.
If credits were applied to paying the invoices, payment history will include that information.
Printing or downloading PDF invoices
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
Print directly from the Invoices page by clicking the three dots to the far right of the invoice. Select Print from the drop-down. The print option is also accessible while editing or viewing an invoice.
Or, if you want to save an invoice for your records, download a PDF to your desktop by selecting Download from the pull-down.
An invoice automatically displays:
- Your company name, logo, contact details and the services provided
- For each unpaid invoice, a link to make a payment
- For each paid invoice, a link to view the details of the paid invoice. A red “PAID” stamp is also displayed.
- You can also use account custom fields to add specific information to the PDF invoice. This way, if you add the account custom fields for the address, city and state, they will be placed in the PDF invoice header:
Both one-time and recurring invoices are editable.
Editing One-time Invoices
Click the three dots to the far right of the invoice, select Edit to make changes to the amount or payment method, to set a reminder or to change an invoice’s details.
Note: When you change an invoice number, it’s automatically updated in QuickBooks.
Tip: You cannot edit an invoice once the client has paid. At that point, the invoice is a record and cannot be changed. You can, however, issue a refund in case you have accidentally overcharged the client, for example.
Duplicating an Invoice
To create a copy of an existing invoice, go to the Invoices page or the Invoices tab of a client account, click the three dots to the far right of the invoice name and select Duplicate from the pull-down.
You will see the Create invoice page with all the details of your original invoice already filled in. Click the Create button or edit it the way you see fit.
To remove an invoice, follow these steps:
1. Click the three dots to the far right of the invoice, then select Delete.
2. Click Delete in the Invoice Delete Confirmation pop-up.
Note: You cannot delete paid invoices because they are records.