Invoices (Basic): Edit, Print, Download, Delete
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time!
Learn everything you need to know about managing your invoices: how to download, print and edit them. Plus, know how to quickly check whether your clients have paid—and more!
- Knowing When an Invoice has Been Paid or Prepaid
- Viewing an Invoice Payment History
- Printing Invoices
- Downloading Invoices
- Editing Invoices
- Emailing Invoices
- Deleting Invoices
- Linking and Auto-Moving Invoices in Jobs
Knowing When an Invoice Has Been Paid or Prepaid
Clients can either make a prepayment in any amount or pay when an invoice is due. In the client’s account, prepayments show up as credits to use for future invoices.
You’ll always receive an email when a client makes a prepayment, pays an invoice in full or has an invoice that has become overdue. You’ll also get a notification in your Inbox+. Click Go to... to get to the client’s Invoices page.
Note: Change your notification preferences at any time.
Viewing an Invoice Payment History
To view a payment history, click the eye icon. You'll then see it displayed in a pop-up.
The payment history shows the source, date, amount of payments and refund, if any. Click the payment type in the Source column to jump to the payment information.
If the invoice was partially settled with credits, the payment history will include that information.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
Print directly from the Invoices page by clicking the three dots to the far right of the invoice. Select Print from the drop-down. The print command is also accessible while editing or viewing an invoice.
An invoice automatically displays your company name, logo, contact details, the services provided, and a red “PAID” stamp once the client has paid in full.
To save an invoice for your records, download a PDF to your desktop. It will automatically display your company logo and a red “PAID” stamp once the client has paid in full.
To download an invoice:
1. Click the three dots to the far right of the invoice, then select Download from the pull-down. You can also access the Download command while editing or viewing the invoice.
2. Choose the location you want to save the file to, then click Save.
3. When the download finishes, click on the name of the document to open it (for more about specifying where files are downloaded, go here).
Click the three dots to the far right of the invoice, select Edit to make changes to the amount or payment method, to set a reminder or to change an invoice’s details.
Note: When you change an invoice number, it’s automatically updated in QuickBooks.
Tip: You cannot edit an invoice once the client has paid. At that point, the invoice is a record and cannot be changed. You can, however, issue a refund if you have, for example, accidentally overcharged.
Clients with Notify toggled on for their email address in Contacts receive a notification by email when an invoice is created. If you want to email one or more invoices because payments are overdue or because Notify wasn’t toggled on, choose one of these options:
- To email one invoice: Click the three dots to the right of the invoice, then click Send Invoice by Email.
To email several invoices: On the Invoices page for the account, select the checkboxes next to the invoices you want to send, then click Send Email with Selected Invoices.
To email all unpaid invoices: On the Invoices page for the account, select the uppermost checkbox above the list, then click Send Email with Selected Invoices.
Then follow these steps:
1. Check the invoice information. Make sure all the invoices you want to send are selected.
2. Type a message to the client if you wish to.
3. The email will be sent to all users linked to the account who have Notify toggled on. Add other email addresses if needed by clicking Add Another Email Address.
4. Click Submit.
To remove an invoice, follow these steps:
1. Click the three dots to the far right of the invoice, then select Delete.
2. Click Delete in the Invoice Delete Confirmation pop-up.
Note: You cannot delete paid invoices because they are records.