Here, find a guide to troubleshooting issues that might crop up with your email on TaxDome. We give you all the problems you might encounter and the quick fixes you’ll need.
- My Clients’ Emails Stopped Syncing
- I See “Via” and a Website Name Next to My Name When Sending Emails
- I Can't Send Email From TaxDome Using My Office 365 Account
- An Invoice Is Marked “Dangerous” in Your Client's Gmail Accoount
My Clients’ Emails Stopped Syncing
Are the documents that clients send you via email no longer uploading? Do you get an error message when you go to open the Email tab in a client account profile? Most likely, this means that your clients’ email addresses stopped syncing.
This happens when the email credentials for someone at your firm changed or became outdated. For example, you or someone on your team changed email logins. TaxDome retrieves emails from your entire team, but it will fail to if someone has mismatching credentials. You’ll need to either resync your email or ask a team member to resync theirs:
1. Go to Settings, open your My Account tab, then click the STOP EMAIL SYNC button in the Email Sync section.
2. Click YES, STOP in the Stop email sync confirmation pop-up.
3. Click the SYNC YOUR EMAIL button, then follow the instructions to sync your email again.
I See “Via” and a Website Name Next to My Name When Sending Emails
If you see something like “email@example.com via yourdomain.onmicrosoft.com” when sending emails from TaxDome, it’s because your email provider is adding that information so recipients see where the messages is coming from. Usually, this can be fixed by publishing a SPF record with your DNS provider; you can contact your DNS provider’s IT support for help.
I Can't Send Email From TaxDome Using My Office 365 Account
If you receive emails to your synced Office 365 account, but cannot send emails from TaxDome, please contact your IT-department. They need to reach out to your email server and remove the connection:
1. Go to https://protection.office.com/quarantine, then log in as a user of your Microsoft 365.
2. In the quarantine tab find and remove a device with the name “Python” in it from MDM quarantine.
3. Save the changes, then resync email in TaxDome.
Please refer to these detailed instructions if you still need help.
An Invoice Is Marked as “Dangerous” in Your Client’s Gmail
By default, your clients receive invoice notifications by email. Sometimes, Gmail mistakenly marks these emails as “dangerous,” showing a warning box. Those emails may even be moved to the client’s spam folder. If this happens, ask your client to open the message and click on the Looks Safe button.
Once the client clicks Looks safe, the message and subsequent messages from TaxDome will no longer show the warning, and the client will then be able to click on the Invoice’s Pay Now button.