Contracts (Basic): Create & Apply Templates
This page applies to TaxDome Pro! pricing plan only. You can upgrade anytime.
Contract templates are used to define the scope of an engagement between your firm and a client. Create as many contract templates for different uses (bookkeeping, single-year tax prep, audit, representation, financial analysis, clean-up, payroll, etc.) as you need. Templates can be plain text or include custom HTML.
Coming soon! Custom CRM fields in our Contracts templates.
- Creating Contract Templates
- Adding Default Contracts From Our Library
- Adding an Image to Your Contract Template
- Applying Contract Templates
- Auto-Sending Contracts to Client Accounts as Automations
- Editing Contract Templates
- Duplicating Contract Templates
- Deleting Contract Templates
Creating Contract Templates
A contract template can be created by a firm owner or any team member who has been given manage templates access rights. It’s helpful to design templates in advance so that you have them ready to go and to further customize when needed.
To create a contract template, go to Settings from the left sidebar, choose Templates in the menu bar, select Contracts, then click CREATE TEMPLATE.
Or access this page by selecting the Send Contract automation while creating or editing a pipeline, then clicking on New Template.
Read about all contract template creation features in detail:
1. Template Name: Enter a name for the template. This is what you will see when selecting it.
2. Body: Write the contract itself. Select the type:
- WYSIWYG: This option lets you use different formatting and add links.
- HTML: This option lets you insert custom HTML codes for images, links, tables, and so on.
Tip! Use the free WORDHTML tool to build and get HTML—then paste it into the TaxDome contract by clicking the HTML toggle. You may also add images, but they’ll need to be hosted by a third party.
3. Add Shortcode: To individualize the contract, click on this link to include the name of the person associated with the account and/or date shortcodes. Read more on shortcodes in the article.
4. Save: This saves your template for future use.
Adding Default Contracts From Our Library
We offer sample contract templates that you can easily edit. To add a contract from our library:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Contracts tab, then click COPY FROM LIBRARY.
2. Click the copy icon to the far right of the template you want to add. Edit the contract by clicking on its name.
Adding an Image to Your Contract Template
Images stored on your computer won’t work in a contract; the image needs to be hosted by a third party.
There are two ways to add an image to a contract:
Adding an Image by Copying It From a Webpage
1. Upload the image to your server or to an image-hosting site such as imgbb.com.
2. Right-click on the uploaded image in your browser, then select Copy image.
3. In the contract template, make sure WYSIWYG is selected, then paste the image into your contract. Click Save to keep your changes.
Adding an Image by Inserting an HTML Code
- Upload your image to an image-hosting site, such as imgbb.com.
- Copy the HTML code of the image.
- From your Settings tab, go to the Email Sync, make sure HTML is selected, then paste the code into your contract. Once the contract is sent, the code turns into the image.
Applying Contract Templates
Once you’ve created a template, you can use it to speed up your contract creation. Here’s how:
1. Create a new contract either by clicking the + NEW button and selecting Contract or by selecting the recipients in the accounts list and then clicking on the Send Contract button.
2. Click the Template list to expand it, then select a template.
3. Continue by setting up the contract. You can now make changes to the text, insert links, etc.
Note! Changes you make to your contract don’t affect the selected template.
Editing Contract Templates
To make changes to a contract template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Contracts tab, then click on the contract template’s name in the list.
2. Make changes to the contract template, then click the SAVE button.
Note! The changes you make to a contract template are not reflected in the contracts created with that template.
Duplicating Contract Templates
Create new contract templates based on existing ones: Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the contract template’s name, then select Duplicate. The template’s copy will be saved with the appropriate suffix (e.g., Contract (2)).
Deleting Contract Templates
To remove a contract template completely, go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then open the Contacts tab. Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the contract template’s name, click Delete, then confirm by clicking DELETE in the Delete Confirmation pop-up.