Custom Contract Templates
Contract templates are used to define the scope of an engagement between your firm and a client. Create as many contract templates for different uses (bookkeeping, single-year tax prep, audit, representation, financial analysis, clean-up, payroll, etc.) as needed. Templates can be plain text or include custom HTML.
- Creating Contract Templates
- Adding Default Contracts From Our Library
- Auto-Sending Contracts to Client Accounts as Automations
- Editing Contract Templates
- Duplicating Contract Templates
- Deleting Contract Templates
Creating Contract Templates
A contract template can be created by a firm owner or any team member who has been given a Manage contracts access right. It’s helpful to design templates in advance so that you have them ready to go and to further customize when needed.
To create a contract template:
1. Go to Settings in the left sidebar, choose Templates in the menu bar, then select Contracts and click the CREATE TEMPLATE button.
Or you can access this page by selecting the Send Contract automation while creating or editing a pipeline, and clicking on the New Template button.
2. Enter a name for the template. This is what you will see when selecting it.
3. Select the message type:
- WYSIWYG: This option lets you use different formatting with your text as well as add links.
- HTML: This option lets you insert custom HTML codes for images, links, tables, and so on.
TIP: You can use WORDHTML tool to build and get HTML - you can then paste that into the TaxDome by clicking the HTML toggle. If you want to add images - you can do so, but you would host them somewhere on the internet.
4. Write the body of the contract. Click Add shortcode to include the name of the client to add a personal touch to the automatically sent contract.
5. When you are done in the Create Contract Template window, click the SAVE button.
Adding Default Contracts From Our Library
For your convenience, we offer default contract templates that you can easily edit. To add a contract from our library:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Contracts tab, then click the COPY FROM LIBRARY button.
2. Click the copy icon to the far right of the template you want to add. Now you can edit the contract by clicking on its name.
Thanks to our customers, we’re constantly adding new templates to our library. Do you want to share your custom contracts with other TaxDome users? Please contact us.
Editing Contract Templates
To make changes to a contract template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Contracts, then click on the contract template name in the list.
2. Make changes to the contract template, then click the SAVE button.
Note: The changes you make to a contract template are not reflected in the contracts created with that template.
Duplicating Contract Templates
You can create new contract templates based on existing ones. To do so, click the three-dots icon to the far right of the contract template name, then select Duplicate. The template’s copy will be saved with the appropriate suffix (e.g., Contract (2)).
Deleting Contract Templates
To remove a contract template completely, go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then go to Contacts. Click the three-dots icon to the far right of the contract template name, click Delete, then click the DELETE button in the Delete Confirmation pop-up.