Here, we'll provide solutions to potential problems you may encounter when using our signatures feature, ensuring a seamless experience for you and your clients.
- I can’t request a signature
- The signature field is not appearing for one of the contacts (married couple account)
- `Unfortunately, there are no questions available to verify your identity for the social security number provided` error
I can’t request a signature
If you ever find yourself unable to request a signature from a client, it's likely because you uploaded the document to a folder with an incorrect access level. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Docs tab for your selected client.
- Locate the document for which you want to request a signature.
- Click on the three dots located at the far right and choose Move.
- Select a folder where the client has Client can view access and click Move.
- Once you've moved the document to the appropriate folder, find it there, click on the three dots again, and select Request signature.
Now you can easily resolve the issue of being unable to request a signature from a client.
The signature field is not appearing for one of the contacts (married couple account)
When spouses share a computer to access TaxDome and save their login credentials, it is essential to handle document signatures correctly to avoid confusion. Typically, you add a signature field for each contact and send documents accordingly. However, a common issue arises when one spouse logs in with the other's saved credentials, sign the document, and saves it. When the second spouse tries to log in, they don't see the signature field, leading to confusion.
To check the signature status, follow these steps:
- Go to the client's account in TaxDome and click on the Docs tab.
- Select the Signatures subtab.
- Hover your mouse over the document's status to see which email address has been used for signing and which is still pending.
- If one spouse has already signed the document with their email address, another email address will appear as Pending.
In this case, the client won't be able to add their signature because the signature field has already been completed. You can tell them to log into the correct account and sign their fields or start the signing process from the beginning.
`Unfortunately, there are no questions available to verify your identity for the social security number provided` error
If your clients encounter the error message: " Unfortunately, there are no questions available to verify your identity for the social security number provided," it means our KBA provider couldn't gather enough data from credit bureaus or public records to create the required set of five questions based on the provided SSN. This typically occurs when your clients' financial activity hasn't been substantial enough in the public eye to generate the verification questionnaire.
As of now, there isn't a direct workaround for this issue. To provide a compliant e-signature remotely, clients may need to follow these steps:
- Print the required forms.
- Sign the printed forms by hand.
- Scan the signed forms back into the system.
This process allows them to provide their signature while adhering to the necessary compliance standards, despite the SSN verification error.