updated less than a minute ago
Goodbye, desktop Excel, and hello, cloud-based account list! On TaxDome, an organized, filterable account list keeps your clients at your fingertips. Plus, our integrated list allows you to quickly glimpse everything you need to know about your accounts, such as the status of clients’ documents, bills, tasks, emails, and more.
- Client Account List Overview
- Searching for Client Accounts
- Filtering Account Lists
- Sorting Account Lists
- Exporting Account Lists
- Client IDs, Explained
- Pending Activation and Resending Invitations
Client Account List Overview
Clients are the best asset of any business, and we know you need to easily track yours to give them the greatest possible experience. To get an overall picture of your accounts, go to Clients from the left sidebar to view what’s happening on the All Accounts page.
The entire client account list is available to a firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to view all accounts. Otherwise, team members see only the accounts assigned to them.
On the All Accounts page, you’ll be able to see this essential information about each account:
- ID: Each client has a unique ID. See more about Client IDs below.
- Name: The client’s first and last name or the name of their business.
- Bills: The total amount of bills the client has received since they began using your services.
- Credits: The amount of money available that can be applied to the client’s new bills.
- Tasks: The number of pending tasks to be performed for the client.
- Team: The names of team members assigned to the client.
- Tags: The internal labels that help filter the account list.
- Messages: The number of unresolved messages sent to the client, with the status indicated as either UNREAD or PENDING.
- Organizers: The number of pending organizers sent to the client.
- Signatures: The number of pending signature requests sent to the client.
- Last Login: The date and time the client last logged in to TaxDome. If the account has multiple user profiles, it shows the date and time the last user logged in.
By default, the account list will display 25 client accounts per page. However, you can choose to view 50, 100, or 250 at a time. To change the amount, select the number you’d prefer in the Rows per page menu at the bottom left of the page.
Searching for Client Accounts
To search for an account, type the first and last name or email address of the client in the search field at the top right of the page, then press enter on your keyboard. The client account list will then be narrowed accordingly.
Note: You can also find a client account by using the search button at the top of your left sidebar.
Filtering Account Lists
Filters are especially useful when you need to sift through a long list of client accounts in order to find ones that belong to a particular type. For example, you can quickly find all client accounts that are managed by a specific team member, have never had a login, have overdue bills or tasks, or contain documents that need to be approved.
To filter your client account list, follow these steps:
1. Click on the FILTER button on the far right of the menu bar on the All Accounts page.
2. You will then be given a menu of options to filter the client account list. You can use as few or as many filters as you want. The following filters are available:
- Team: Select the name of the team member(s) assigned to the client(s).
- Pipelines: Select one or more pipelines to see only the clients who are in them. Select a specific pipeline stage to narrow the results further. You can select several stages from different pipelines.
- Bills: Select All, Pending, or Overdue.
- Messages: Select All, In Progress, or Resolved.
- Tasks: Select All or Overdue.
- Tags: Select the name of the tag(s).
- Last Login: Select All, This Week, This Month, This Year, or Never.
- Approvals: Select All or Pending.
- Organizers: Select All or Pending.
- Signatures: Select All or Pending.
3. Once you are done making your selections, click APPLY.
The client account list is then narrowed accordingly. You can change the filters by clicking the RESET button to clear all and start fresh.
You can also quickly filter a client account list by clicking on a particular tag. Click on any tag in the TAGS column to see all clients with that tag.
Sorting Account Lists
Sometimes it might be more useful to sort a list of clients rather than to apply filters. And you can also use the sorting option after a client search or once you’ve applied filters:
Click the up-down arrow icon next to the header of the column you want to sort. You can sort the client account ID and NAME columns to be alphabetical (from A to Z or Z to A) and the LAST LOGIN column to be chronological (from newest to oldest or oldest to newest). Accounts are sorted by the first name of the client or by the name of the business.
Exporting Account Lists
You can export an Account list to CSV. To do so, click on the EXPORT ACCOUNTS button, then save a CSV file to your computer.
Client IDs, Explained
When you add a client to TaxDome, their account is automatically assigned a unique ID code: a combination of one or two letters followed by a number, such as V1, WW1, or JG2. The IDs of your accounts can be seen in the ID column of a client account list.
You can use an ID to search for a client.
IDs are helpful to find a specific client account or when several clients have the same name. For example, one family may use separate accounts for Mike Smith (father), Michael J Smith (son), Mike & Mary Smith (parents), Mike Smith & Sons (family business), and Mike Smith Partnership. Short, unique client IDs allow you to tell your accounts apart and avoid any risk of confusion.
Client IDs are automatically generated when a client account is newly added to TaxDome.
- With manually added client accounts, the ID is the first letter of the account name + a number that makes the entire combination unique.
- With imported personal accounts, the ID is the first letter of the client’s first name + the first letter of their last name + a number that makes the entire combination unique.
Client IDs are color-coded, which helps identify each client’s status:
- Green means the client account is active: These are clients who have at least one email in their linked contacts with the LOGIN toggle turned on. Client accounts that are pending activation are shown as active.
- Beige means an offline account: These are clients who don’t have linked contacts or any emails in their linked contacts with the LOGIN toggle turned on.
Learn more about adding portal access to a client account using the LOGIN toggle here.
Pending Activation and Resending Invitations
Once you’ve invited a client to use their TaxDome portal or an additional user has been added to an existing account, TaxDome automatically sends that client an email requesting them to activate the account.
Until a user activates their account and creates a password, their email address remains on the Pending Activation page. Go to Clients, then to the Pending Activation page to see which clients haven’t yet activated their accounts.
Here, you’ll find this essential information:
- EMAIL: The email address of the client who has not yet activated the account. If an email address is invalid, a red exclamation appears beside it.
- ACCOUNT(S): The name of the client account. If a user has several accounts, all of them are displayed.
- INVITE SENT: This column shows the date the invitation to activate the account went out. Click on the up-down arrow in the header row to sort the column by date.
- INVITED BY: This shows the name of the person (either a team member or client) who has added the user.
If a user has been on the Pending Activation page for a long time, you can resend an invitation. Or if you disabled the option to send out an invitation to activate an account while importing an account list, you can send one out at any time. Here’s how:
1. Go to Clients from the left sidebar, then to the Pending Activation page.
2. Select the checkboxes to the left of the users you want to resend the invitations, then click Resend To Selected.
By default, the Pending Activation list will display 25 user emails per page. However, you can choose to view and select 50, 100, or 250 at a time. To change the amount, select the number you’d prefer in the Rows per page menu at the bottom left of the page.