Here's what is covered in this article:
- Billings Section Overview
- Searching for a Bill
- Filtering the List of Bills
- Sorting the List of Bills
- Viewing Payment History
- Deleting Bills
- Editing Bills
- Sending Invoices by Email
Billings Section Overview
With TaxDome, you’ll never have trouble keeping track of bills, thanks to our handy tools that help you easily manage all of your bills. Go to the Billings to view all of your bills in one place.
You can also access information about bills that have been issued to the particular client and manage them by selecting the client and navigating to the Billings tab inside their profile.
On these two pages, you’ll find the following information:
- # – Each bill has its own unique number in the system.
- STATUS – Bills can either be pending, paid, or overdue. Paid bills are represented by green icons, pending bills by brown icons, and overdue bills by red icons. You can decide after how many days do bills become overdue by navigating to Settings > Payment Processing.
- ASSIGNED TO – You can click on the team member’s name to instantly access their details.
- POSTED – The date that the bill was issued.
- AMOUNT – The amount of the bill.
- SYNC – A link to bill in QuickBooks (if you have setup a sync).
- CLIENT – You can click on the client’s name to instantly access their details.
- PAID – The date on which the bill was paid (only available for paid bills).
- DESCRIPTION – A brief description outlining the contents of the bill (only applicable if a description was added when the bill was created).
- LOCKED DOCS. The docs that were tied to the bill. The links to the docs are clickable, therefore, you can view the files if needed.
The total number of bills, the total paid, as well as the total unpaid is displayed at the top of the list of the Billings section. When the list is filtered, these values will automatically be recalculated to reflect the applied filters.
When viewing the billings page for a particular client, you can see the their outstanding bills and how many credits are available for them.
Searching for a Bill
To search for a bill, type a keyword into the Search field, then click Enter. The bill list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
You may search for a bill by a client, or the team member to whom the bill was assigned.
Click the cross icon in the Search field to clear the search.
Filtering the List of Bills
Filters are useful when you need to view bills that meet a specific criteria. For example, filtering allows you to quickly find all outstanding bills that are currently unpaid. There are four ways of filtering bills:
- By client - See only the bills issued to a selected client.
- By time frame - See only the bills issued during the last year or issued for a specific number of years, months, or days.
- By amount - See only the bills in an amount that is greater than the specified amount, less than the specified amount, or equal to it.
- By status - See only the bills that are paid, pending, or overdue.
To filter your list of bills, click the Filter button found above the list of bills, then select the desired filters and click Apply Filter. You may apply two or more filters simultaneously.
Once the filters are applied, the bill list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
You may reset any of the applied filters. Click the Reset All button to clear all filters.
Sorting the List of Bills
Sometimes, it can be useful to sort bills rather than filter them. The sorting option can also be used while filtering and searching.
You may sort bills by status, date posted, date paid, amount, client name, or team member’s name. Click the arrow icon next to the appropriate row to sort the list of bills.
Viewing Payment History
To view payment history for a paid bill, click the eye icon.
The payment history will be displayed at the right. You can see date, source, amount of the payment(s), as well as info on a refund (if any). Click the payment link to jump to the payment information.
To remove a bill from the system:
- Click the ellipsis icon, then click Delete Bill
2. Click the red Delete button on the Bill Delete Confirmation pop-up that appears.
Please note: you cannot delete paid bills.
Click on the ellipsis icon, then click Edit Bill to make changes to the bill.
You cannot edit paid bills. Use the View option instead.
Sending Invoices by Email
To remind a client to pay their pending and overdue bills, you can send an invoice by email. There are three options available:
- Send an invoice for one bill. Click the ellipsis icon next to the bill, then click Send Invoice by Email
- Send an invoice for selected bills (for a particular client only). Select the check boxes next to the bills on client's Billings page, then click the Send Invoice for selected bills button.
- Send an invoice for all unpaid bills (for a particular client only). Select the check box above the bills on client's Billings page, then click the Send Invoice for selected bills button.
Then follow these steps:
1. Check the invoice information. If several bills were selected, all of them are added.
2. Type a custom message to the client (optional).
3. The invoice is sent to the client's email that is registered in the system. However, you can also add more email addresses. Type the email, then click Add another email address to add more emails.
4. Click Submit to send an invoice.