Managing Multiple Logins & Profiles
By Mary Cooper
updated 26 days ago
Some of your accounts will need to be managed by more than one person on the client end.
Say, your client runs a company, then perhaps several employees will need to have access to the business’s profile. Or if your client is an individual, they might want their spouse to also have access to that same account. Or one person might need to use various accounts (a company account, a personal account, etc.).
For this reason, TaxDome has a multiple-login feature.
- Adding a User: Giving a User Access to a Client’s Profile
- The “Collect Email and Attachments From This Address” Checkbox, Explained
- Removing a User: Denying a User Access to a Client's Profile
- Switching Between Client Profiles
Adding a User: Giving a User Access to a Client’s Profile
To add an additional user to a client’s profile, follow these steps:
1. Click on the magnifying glass at the top of your sidebar. Find the client’s profile by typing their name in the search field. A sidebar search covers all of TaxDome.
You can also get to a client’s profile by navigating to Clients and then clicking on their name in the list.
2. Go to the Info tab, then click on the Add User button in the Profile Access section.
3. Start typing the user’s name. TaxDome will display matching contacts. Click on the contact’s name to fill in the name and email automatically. Otherwise, type in the user’s name and email address.
4. Add notes to describe the new user (for example, you can write “Spouse” or the person’s job title here).
5. Decide whether you want to collect email messages and save attachments from the additional user’s email address (for a detailed explanation, see the next section).
6. Click SAVE.
Once the user’s account has been created, TaxDome will send them an activation request by email. In order to activate the account, the user will need to accept the request and create a password. The new account will be automatically linked to the existing client’s profile. Now two users will have separate login credentials for the same account.
The “Collect Email and Attachments From This Address” Checkbox, Explained
When you are adding an additional user to a client profile, you will be able to select the Collect email and attachments from this address checkbox.
Email collecting means that you will see all messages from that email in Inbox+ section and in the Email tab of your client's profile.
Attachments collecting means that, if enabled for the main email address, all files attached to messages from the additional email will be automatically saved to Client's Docs section of your client's profile.
By default, email and attachments are collected only from the main client’s address (i.e., from the one that was used during the creation of the profile). If you think a client might send you important messages and documents from the additional user’s email, select the Collect email and attachments from this address checkbox while adding a new user to the client’s account.
You can change this setting at any time for any email added to client’s account. Go to the Info tab, click on the Add User button in the Profile Access section, then select and clear the checkbox for the desired user’s email.
Removing a User: Denying a User Access to a Client's Profile
If someone no longer needs to have access to a client’s account, you can remove them. To do this, go to the Info tab of the client’s profile, click the pencil icon on the right side of the Profile Access bar, click REMOVE beneath the user’s details, then click the SAVE button.
The client’s account will remain intact; however, that particular user will no longer be able to access it.
Switching Between Client Profiles
Users who have access to various clients’ accounts can easily switch between them. To do so, they simply click on the name of the client at the bottom of the blue sidebar, then click on the desired profile in the pop-up field. During a session, the user can switch between client accounts as many times as they want.