Covered in this article:
- Adding a User: Allowing a User Access to a Client Profile
- Removing a User: Denying a User Access to a Client Profile
- Switching Between Client Profiles
Some accounts need to be managed by several people. Say, your client runs a company, then they’ll definitely have several people who will need access to its profile. Or if your client is an individual, they may want their spouse to have access to their account. Or it may be that one person needs to have access to several different accounts (a company account, a personal account, etc.). That’s why we’ve created a multiple-login feature.
Adding a User: Allowing a User Access to a Client Profile
- Go to the Info tab of your client’s profile, then click on the Add User button under the Profile Access section.
2. Type in the user’s name and email address.
3. Add notes to describe the new user (for example, you can write “Spouse” or the person’s job title here).
4. Decide whether you want to collect email from this address. By default, email is collected only from the first address (i.e. from the one that was used during client profile creation). If you feel that a client may send you important emails from the additional address, select Collect email from this address check box.
5. Click SAVE. (See below.)
Once the user’s account has been created, the system will send them an activation request by email. In order to activate their account, the user will need to accept the request and create a password. The new account will be automatically linked to the existing client’s profile. Now two users will have separate login credentials for accessing the same account.
Removing a User: Denying a User Access to a Client Profile
If you no longer need to grant a user access to a client account, you can delete them. To do this, go to the Info tab of the client’s profile, click the pencil icon on the right in the Profile Access bar, click REMOVE under the user’s details, then click Save.
The client’s account will stay intact; however, that user will no longer be able to access it.
Switching Between Client Profiles
Users who have access to various client accounts can easily switch between them. To do so, they simply click on the name of the client at the bottom of the blue sidebar, then click on the desired profile in the pop-up field. During the session, they can switch between client accounts as many times as they want.