Client Profile Overview
updated 9 days ago
TaxDome allows you to effortlessly maintain your clients’ personal information. At a quick glance, you can see everything you need to know about a client account on a single organized page, reducing your administrative time. It not only makes it easier for you, but also for the client—and the happier they are, the more likely they will return year after year.
- Accessing Account Information
- Editing a Client’s Personal Details
- Resetting a Password
- Linking a Contact to an Account
- Accessing the Read-Only View of a Client Account Portal
Accessing Account Information
To access a client’s profile, click on the search icon at the top of the left sidebar, then type the name of the client in the search field.
You can also access an account by navigating to Clients from the left sidebar and then clicking on the client’s name in the list.
You can always understand that you're inside the client's profile by looking at client's photo and account name at the top left.
Inside the Overview tab, you’ll see everything you need to know about a client account in a single organized page.
What you can view about the client’s account here (with the option to View all):
- Documents: their latest uploaded documents
- Tasks: the tasks that are planned and/or in progress for them
- Email: their five latest emails and what status these are in
- Pipelines: the current pipelines for them
- Messages: their latest messages and information on the date the author of last response
- Unpaid Bills: their unpaid bills and whether these can be paid with existing credit
- Approvals: the latest documents that require their approval and signature
- Signatures: the documents sent to them to be signed and the ones still requiring their signature
- Organizers: the organizers sent to them and what status these are in
- Login Activity: when they last logged in
Editing a Client’s Personal Details
Every client account on TaxDome ultimately needs to be linked to either one or more contacts. Some of the information for a client account refers to the account itself while other information refers to its contacts:
- A client’s personal details—such as email address, phone number, street address—are stored within their contact. See Editing a Contact on how to change that info.
- It’s possible to add an additional email address for a contact linked with an account if your client’s email has changed or if another person needs access to the account (e.g., a family member, business partner, or employee). See Custom Email Fields to find out how.
- The client account name (i.e., the name of the business, organization, or individual) and photo are stored within their account. See below on how to edit it.
A firm owner or any team member who has been given access rights to Manage accounts can edit an account’s details. Here’s how:
1. Navigate to the Info tab of the client’s profile.
2. Click on the pencil icon to the right of Account Details, then click on Upload Photo to add a photo for the account. Locate an image that you would like to upload, then crop it to fit. The client has the option to upload a photo instead.
3. To update the account name, click the pencil icon to the right of Account Details, make your changes, then click the SAVE button.
Resetting a Password
A password is usually created by a client during their registration, and they can change it on their own at any time. However, if a client wants someone else to do that for them, it can be done by a firm owner or team member:
Navigate to the Info tab of the client’s profile, click on the three-dots icon to the right of the client’s email address, then click on the Reset Password link.
Linking a Contact to an Account
Once you link a contact to a client account, the contact’s name and email appear under Contacts inside the Info tab of the account’s profile. You need to link a contact to an account in order to give that person access to it via their client portal.
To link a contact:
- Navigate to the Info tab of the client’s profile.
- Click on + Add contacts in the top right corner of the Contacts section, then start typing to select a contact. Repeat if you want to add more contacts.
- Click ADD. All contacts along with their emails will now be displayed in the Contacts section of the client account’s profile.
You can always unlink a linked contact by clicking the three-dots icon to the right of the name and selecting Remove.
Note: Once you unlink a contact that had an email address with the login toggle enabled, that person won’t be able to log in to the account anymore.
Accessing the Read-Only View of a Client Account Portal
A firm owner or team member can view what a client sees from their portal. This helps tremendously when a client needs assistance or cannot follow troubleshooting directions. You see what they see and can guide them, then log right back out and return to your own portal.
To go to the read-only view of a client’s portal:
1. Go to Clients, then click on the account’s name in the list. You can also find a client by going to your left sidebar and entering their name in the search field.
2. Navigate to the Info tab, then click on the View as client (read-only) link. The client profile will be visible in read-only mode, so you won't be able to interact with it. If you need to change client account details, you’ll have to do it from your own account instead.
3. Click on the Sign out from [client’s name] account link at the top of the screen to get back to your firm’s view of the account’s profile.