Creating a Bill
You can create a bill in TaxDome by following these steps:
1. Click the +NEW button in the blue sidebar, select Bill from the pull-down menu, then find the client you would like to bill. You will see your five most recent clients here in a list on the pop-up window. If you don’t see the client you are looking for in the list, type their name, ID or email in the search field.
Please note: If the bill you’re creating is for a different client than the one you originally chose, you can always specify another in the Create New Bill window that follows (See how).
2. Select the date that the bill needs to be issued. You may issue a bill on a past date, on a current date, but not to a future date.
3. Enter the amount of the bill. Select Sales Tax (HST or VAT depending on your currency settings) to automatically add tax to the bill. Once the sales tax has been added, you’ll see it reflected in the bill-amount total.
Note: To speed up the process of creating bills, you can set the default tax rate in Settings by going to Payment Processing.
4. By default, the person creating the bill will receive the payment for it. However, you may also select another team member to receive the payment.
5. If a client has enough TaxDome credits to cover the bill, it will be automatically marked as paid. However, you can clear the Settle bill with client's credits checkbox if needed. Note that you cannot lock documents to a bill that has already been paid.
6. For all bills that are not marked as paid, clients receive invoice notifications by email. If you don’t want to notify a client of the bill by email, clear the Send email invoice to the client checkbox.
7. You may also add a description (of up to 150 characters) outlining what is included in the bill.
8. You can also add a reminder to a bill. Once the reminder is turned on, TaxDome will send an additional email to the client if they do not pay the bill on time. Once the reminder is turned on, you can configure it:
Inactivity Threshold, Days: the number of days before an inactive client is sent out a reminder. By default, a reminder is sent three days after a bill is created.
Limit to: the number of reminders you would like TaxDome to send. By default, client gets only one reminder email.
9. Click the SUBMIT button to create the bill.
Changing a Client's Name During Creating a Bill
Usually, you select the client's name before creating a bill. However, sometimes it is the reverse:
If you clicked +NEW button and then selected Bill while inside a client’s profile, you probably are looking to create a bill for that particular client. That’s why the next step will be creating a bill without the client-selection option.
If you mistakenly selected the wrong client.
You can still choose another client’s name once the Create New Bill pop-up comes up. Click the client's name at the top of the window. You’ll see a list containing your five most recent clients. If the one you are looking for does not appear there, type their name, ID, or email into the search field.