Adding a Team Member
By Mary Cooper
updated about 2 months ago
Ready to expand your practice? Team members could be easily added to your TaxDome account, either on monthly or yearly subscription basis. You can decide which clients they will work with and what rights they will have.
- Creating a Team Member's Account
- Read-Only View of Team Member's Portal
- Editing Team Member's Personal Details
Creating a Team Member's Account
To create a team member account, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select the Team & Plans tab, then click on the ADD TEAM MEMBER button.
2. In the Add Team Member section, enter the employee’s personal details: their first name, middle name, last name, and email address.
3. In the Access Rights section, enable the rights the team member will need by clicking on the on/off toggles. If not sure, don't give any access rights at this time. You can do it anytime later. Please refer to Team Member Access Rights article to find out more on this.
4. Click the SEND INVITE button.
5. Each team member at your firm will need their own separate monthly or annual subscription, also called a license, in order to access all of TaxDome’s features. If you change staff in the middle of a subscription cycle, you can always free up a previous employee’s annual license and use it for a new team member. Thus, the next step depends on your status and the availability of licences.
- If your TaxDome trial has not yet expired, you’ll have access to all of the site’s features. Your account can be used without any limitations till your trial period ends.
- If you’ve already bought a subscription for your firm, you’ll be prompted to add an additional license for each new user. Select an annual or monthly license (read more about licenses here), then click the CONFIRM button.
- If you have an available user license (you can free up existing licenses by deactivating team members who are no longer working at your firm), you can use it and won’t need to buy a new one.
Once your new team member’s account has been created, TaxDome will send them an activation request by email. After they’ve accepted the request and created a password, their account will be ready to go. You will be able to assign a client account to them.
The new team member will access their account by going to your firm’s TaxDome URL and entering their email address and password. Their first steps on setting up their account are described here.