By Mary Cooper
updated 9 days ago
- Upgrading from a Trial to a Paid Plan
- How Subscription Cost Is Calculated
- Adding a Team Member in the Middle of Your Annual Subscription Cycle
- Upgrading a Monthly Subscription to an Annual One
- Transferring Subscription from One Team Member to Another
- Subscription Renewal
- Reviewing Your Subscription
- Updating Your Payment Method
- How to Cancel Your TaxDome Subscription
Upgrading from a Trial to a Paid Plan
Your 2-week trial period starts the day you create your firm's TaxDome account. During the trial period, you’ll be able to use all of TaxDome’s features and add an unlimited number of team members to your account.
Once your 2-week trial period ends, you will need to purchase an annual subscription, also called a license, in order to continue using TaxDome. As a firm owner, you there is no option of buying a monthly subscription. However - your team members can be on either an annual ($600) or monthly ($75) subscription plan. The only difference between an annual and a monthly subscription is the price. Monthly subscriptions can be purchased when you have a temporary employee or you’re not ready to buy annual subscriptions for all of your team members.
For more information on pricing, go here.
To purchase your TaxDome subscription:
1. Navigate to Settings, select the Team & Plans tab, then click the UPGRADE ACCOUNT button.
2. As a firm owner, you need at least one annual subscription, or license, to use TaxDome. Purchasing subscriptions for your team members, whether monthly or annual, will allow them to have access to all of TaxDome’s features. Select the team members you also wish to upgrade. If you are not ready to upgrade some or all of your team members, you can return to this Teams & Plans tab later to purchase licences for them.
3. Choose the preferable type of subscription for each team member by clicking on either the ANNUAL or MONTHLY button.
4. Enter your credit card details.
How Your Subscription Cost Is Calculated
The date when your trial ends (sign-up date + 2 weeks) is your upgrade date. Regardless of when you add a user to your account, the company upgrade date stays the same. If you decide to upgrade before the end of the trial period, your credit card will only be charged on your upgrade date.
Note: You will still get a free 2-week trial if you purchase an annual subscription before your trial period ends. You don’t lose any free days.
Your annual subscription is valid for 365 days. During this period you can:
- Add new team members to your account and purchase licenses for them
- Free up annual and monthly user licenses by deactivating team members no longer working at your firm
- Transfer an annual or monthly license from one team member to another
- Upgrade monthly licences to annual ones
Adding a User in the Middle of Your Annual Subscription Cycle
The annual subscription cost for a new user is based on the number of days remaining until your upgrade date.
For example, if you are adding a team member to your account 60 days after your upgrade date, it will cost $600 * [(365 − 60) ÷ 365] = $502. The annual subscription for all users ends on your original upgrade date, no matter when you purchased annual subscriptions for your team members.
- How to add a license for a new team member
- How to add a license for a team member who had been previously deactivated
Upgrading a Monthly Subscription to an Annual One
The expiration date of a monthly subscription is displayed next to the user’s name. You can upgrade a monthly subscription to an annual one at any time and save on cost.
The annual subscription price for a user with an active monthly subscription is based on the number of days remaining in the paid month and the number of days remaining before your license-renewal date.
For example, if you are upgrading a team member 10 days before their monthly subscription ends and 180 days before your annual subscription ends, it will cost you $600 × (180 ÷ 365) − 75 × (10 ÷ 30) = $295.89 − $25 = $270.89.
The upgrade cancels the monthly license, and the user is added to the firm’s annual subscription.
Since the monthly subscription is user-based, you can choose to upgrade all of your team members who have monthly licenses or only some of them.
- To upgrade a specific user, navigate to Settings, select the Team & Plans tab, click on the three dots icon to the far right of the user’s name, click Upgrade to Annual Subscription, then confirm the upgrade.
- To upgrade all team members with monthly subscriptions, navigate to Settings, select the Team & Plans tab, click Upgrade to Annual Subscription, then confirm the upgrade.
Transferring a License from One Team Member to Another
If you’ve changed your staff in the middle of a subscription cycle, there is no need to buy additional licences for the new team members.
Follow this procedure:
- Deactivate a team member who is no longer an employee to free up an annual licence.
- Add new a new team member to your account and use an available annual or monthly licence for them.
Note: Available annual and monthly licenses can also be used when you’re restoring team members who might have been previously deactivated.
Your annual subscription is automatically renewed after a one-year period on your subscription-renewal date. All users who are active on the upgrade date are renewed.
Monthly subscriptions are automatically renewed after each one-month period following the initial date of purchase.
Reviewing Your Subscription
All information regarding your annual subscription is available in your Settings on the Team & Plans tab. Here’s what you’ll find there:
- Purchased licenses: the total number of licenses you have purchased.
- Active users: the number of team members currently active on your firm’s TaxDome account.
- Available annual licenses: Once you’ve deactivate a team member, their annual subscription becomes available to any team member you add.
- Annual licenses expiration date: the day your trial or annual subscription ends.
Updating Your Payment Method
Your credit card details that are used to pay for your firm’s subscription are stored in our payment processor, Stripe. If you decide to buy additional licenses or renew your annual and/or monthly licences, you don’t have to enter the credit card information again. You can update your payment method at any time.
- Navigate to Settings, then go to the Team & Plans tab.
- Click the UPDATE PAYMENT METHOD button, then enter your credit card details.
- Click Save.
How to Cancel Your TaxDome Subscription
TaxDome licences are subscription based and will automatically renew until cancelled. If you wish to cancel your TaxDome subscription, please submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to email from the email address linked to your primary user account.
Please note that we do not issue refunds and your subscription will remain active until its expiration date.