TaxDome Pricing FAQ (US/Canada)
TaxDome pricing is straightforward and transparent. Find out how it works, how much it costs, and what the differences between TaxDome Pro and TaxDome Lite are in this FAQ.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How does TaxDome pricing work?
- Can I add users to my TaxDome Lite license?
- How are my firm’s new users priced if I add them later?
- Can I purchase licenses with different duration for my employees?
- Can clients access the portal after the primary subscription expires?
- Why do you require at least one annual subscription?
- Can I buy a 1-year subscription, then upgrade to a multi-year and still get the discounted price?
- Can I transfer multi-year licenses from one employee to another?
- Are there any limitations to the number of users my firm can have, the use of features, or the amount of storage space? Does TaxDome have price tiers?
- Can I suspend my TaxDome subscription?
- Does pricing differ depending on how big or small my firm is? Is pricing negotiable? Does TaxDome offer discounts?
- Do I pay the full price for TaxDome Pro when I upgrade from TaxDome Lite?
- Can I downgrade from TaxDome Pro to TaxDome Lite?
- Is TaxDome ever on sale?
- Can I get a discount for recommending friends?
- When I bought the TaxDome license, the price was different. Can I keep the old price?
1. How does TaxDome pricing work?
For the US and Canada, TaxDome has two simple pricing plans:
- TaxDome Lite: This plan is offered to solo practitioners only. It includes CRM and client portal with unlimited document exchange, storage and e-signatures. (Currently available in the US and Canada only.)
- TaxDome Pro: This plan is designed for firms that need workflow automation and/or have more than one employee. It includes all the features of TaxDome Lite plus an online payment feature, practice management tools, integrations, a PDF editor, a mobile app, and more.
The service is charged per user at the firm. One user = one subscription.
The primary user (the first) must be on an annual subscription. Additional users at the firm (TaxDome Pro only) can be on either an annual or monthly subscription plan. The pricing for the US is following:
|TaxDome Lite||TaxDome Pro, annual one-year license|| TaxDome Pro, monthly
after the first annual subscription)
|400 USD||from 600 USD||85 USD|
|420 CAD||from 720 CAD||100 CAD|
2. Can I add users to my TaxDome Lite license?
No. TaxDome Lite is for solo practitioners only, and it includes one license. If your firm has team members who must use TaxDome, upgrade to TaxDome Pro, then add as many users as needed.
3. How are my firm’s new users priced when I add them later?
All annual subscriptions are set on the same billing cycle. If a team member is added at your firm, their subscription price is prorated according to the primary subscription’s expiration date.
For example, if the primary subscription expires on January 1, and an additional annual user subscribes on February 1, you are charged for 11 months of service—all annual subscriptions renew on the original purchase date, in this case, January 1.
For seasonal staff, you can rely on monthly subscriptions, which are set to automatically renew (unless canceled) 1 month from the date of purchase.
4. Can I purchase licenses with different duration for my employees?
If you are located in the US, you can purchase different license durations for each staff member.
- If the firm owner is on a 3-year plan, you can buy additional licenses for your team for 3 years ($600 per year), 2 years ($700 per year), or 1 year ($800). You can also purchase monthly subscriptions for seasonal employees at $85 per month.
- If the firm owner is on a 2-year plan, licenses can be added for 2 years, 1 year, or you can add monthly licenses for your team.
- If the firm owner is on a 1-year plan, licenses can be added for 1 year or on a monthly basis.
Your team can be on different duration cycles than the firm owner, but cannot have a license that expires after the firm owner's license.
5. Can clients access the portal after the primary subscription expires?
In order for clients to access the portal, at least one subscription—in this case, the primary subscription—must be paid for.
6. Why do you require at least one annual subscription?
Because the portal is used to securely store sensitive documents for both your firm and your clients. We aim to provide a reliable service to all, and an annual subscription (a.k.a. a license) ensures that.
7. Can I buy a 1-year subscription, then upgrade to a multi-year and still get the discounted price?
If your license renews for 1 year and you wish to upgrade to a 2 or 3-year plan, you can do so within 30 days of your renewal. Find out the details in the article.
8. Can I transfer multi-year licenses from one employee to another?
Yes, you can deactivate a user and reassign the 1-year or multi-year license to another teammate. More about a subscription transfer.
9. Are there any limitations to the number of users my firm can have, the use of features, or the amount of storage? Does TaxDome have price tiers?
We like to keep things simple, which is why for users in the US and Canada we offer two straightforward pricing plans that are based on your needs:
- TaxDome Lite is for solo practitioners only. It includes a client portal and mobile app, unlimited document exchange, mobile scanning, e-signatures, and secure client communication. You’ll have all the storage space you need—and more. Plus, you can have an unlimited number of clients and unlimited e-signatures.
- TaxDome Pro is for individuals who need workflow automation and/or whose firms have one or more employees. This plan offers all of TaxDome’s features, including sophisticated practice-management tools, a PDF editor, invoicing, integrations with other services, and more. The firm does not have to set a limit to how many team members use TaxDome, and every subscription comes with the full use of all of its features.
10. Can I suspend my TaxDome subscription?
A TaxDome subscription cannot be suspended and resumed at a later date. If you have seasonal team members, you might want to consider purchasing monthly subscriptions for them rather than annual ones.
11. Does the pricing differ depending on how big or small my firm is? Is pricing negotiable? Does TaxDome offer discounts?
We understand that solo practitioners may not need team collaboration and practice-management features, so we’ve created the TaxDome Lite pricing plan. It is positioned as an accounting-specific alternative to SmartVault or Dropbox. As your practice grows, you still have the option to upgrade to the full-featured TaxDome Pro.
For individuals who need workflow automation and/or firms that have more than one person, we have only one price regardless of the size of your firm.
As per our company policy, we do not negotiate on pricing. We don’t think that people who are good at negotiating should pay less than those who aren’t. And we don’t see any reason why a big company should pay less than a small one.
This way, you know that you’ll always pay the same as everyone else, which happens to be the fairest and lowest price we can offer you.
However, we value our long-term customers. That's why you can save on a TaxDome license by purchasing a 2-year or 3-year plan and save up to 25%.
12. Do I pay the full price for TaxDome Pro when I upgrade from TaxDome Lite?
No. If you have already been using TaxDome Lite for some time, you don’t have to pay full price for the TaxDome Pro plan. You will pay only the difference, and only for the remaining months.
For example, if you have been using TaxDome Lite for 90 days and decide to upgrade, the price is calculated this way:
1. $800 - $400 = $400 (the price difference between the two plans)
2. $400 * [(365 − 90) ÷ 365] = $301 (exclusion of months that have already gone by)
So, you would pay $301.
13. Can I downgrade from TaxDome Pro to TaxDome Lite?
Yes. If you have selected the TaxDome Pro trial, you will be able to downgrade to TaxDome Lite until the trial ends by choosing another plan.
If you want to downgrade later, you will need to fill out this form and we will downgrade your subscription. However, once the subscription is downgraded, all items available in TaxDome Pro will be lost permanently. You will need to export all data you need.
14. Is TaxDome ever on sale?
We don’t have sales. Tiffany &Co. has been in business for 175 years without ever having had a single sale. Like the classic jewelry brand, we aim to give you a great design and quality at a solid but reasonable price. We strive to give you the very best.
15. Can I get a discount for recommending my friends?
You can get two free user months for each friend that you invite and who chooses to run their practice on TaxDome. Also, you can get Amazon gift cards for inviting more firms. Learn more about our referral program.
16. When I bought the TaxDome license, the price was different. Can I keep the old price?
Yes, you can keep your price by buying a license for 3 years. One month before your license expires, you will receive an email with a call to action to update your account. Keep in mind that if no action is taken from your side, your license will renew for 1 year at $800. Here's more on subscription plans and pricing.