Find out everyhing you need to know about TaxDome subscribtions: annual and monthly ones, subscription renewal, transferring a license to another team member, changing billing information, and more.
- Upgrading from a Trial to a Paid Plan
- How Subscription Cost Is Calculated
- Adding a Team Member in the Middle of Your Annual Subscription Cycle
- Upgrading a Monthly Subscription to an Annual One
- Transferring a Subscription from One Team Member to Another
- Subscription Renewal
- Reviewing Your Subscription
- Updating Your Credit Card Info
- Does TaxDome provide a W-9?
- How to Cancel Your TaxDome Subscription
Upgrading from a Trial to a Paid Plan
Your two-week trial period starts the day you create your firm’s TaxDome account. During the trial period, you’ll be able to use all of TaxDome’s features and add an unlimited number of team members to your account.
Once your two-week trial period ends, you’ll need to purchase an annual subscription—also called a license—in order to continue using TaxDome. As a firm owner, you do not have the option to buy a monthly subscription. However, team members can be on either an annual ($600) or monthly ($75) subscription plan. The only difference between an annual and a monthly subscription is the price. Monthly subscriptions are useful when you have a temporary employee, seasonal staff who doesn’t work all year round, or you’re not ready to buy annual subscriptions for all of your team members.
For more information on pricing, go here.
To purchase a TaxDome subscription:
1. Navigate to Settings, select the Team & Plans tab, then click the UPGRADE ACCOUNT button.
2. As a firm owner, you need at least one annual subscription—or a license—to use TaxDome. Purchasing subscriptions for your team members, whether monthly or annual, will allow them to have access to all of TaxDome’s features. If you don't want to buy a licence for some of your team members, clear the checkboxes next to their names. You can return to this Teams & Plans tab later to purchase licenses for them.
3. Choose the preferable type of subscription for each team member by clicking on either the ANNUAL or MONTHLY button, then click SUBMIT.
4. Enter your credit card details.
How Your Subscription Cost Is Calculated
The date when your trial ends (sign-up date + two weeks) is your upgrade date. Regardless of when you add a user to your account, the company upgrade date stays the same. If you decide to upgrade before the end of the trial period, your credit card will only be charged on your upgrade date.
Note: You will still get a free two-week trial if you purchase an annual subscription before your trial period ends. You won’t lose any free days.
Your annual subscription is valid for 365 days. During this period you can do the following:
- Add new team members to your account and purchase licenses for them.
- Free up annual and monthly user licenses by deactivating team members no longer working at your firm.
- Transfer an annual or monthly license from one team member to another.
- Upgrade monthly licenses to annual ones.
Adding a User in the Middle of Your Annual Subscription Cycle
The annual subscription cost for a new user is based on the number of days remaining until your upgrade date.
For example, if you are adding a team member to your account 60 days after your upgrade date, it will cost $600 * [(365 − 60) ÷ 365] = $502. The annual subscription for all users ends on your original upgrade date, no matter when you purchased annual subscriptions for your team members.
- How to add a license for a new team member
- How to add a license for a team member who had been previously deactivated
Upgrading a Monthly Subscription to an Annual One
The expiration date of a monthly subscription is displayed next to the user’s name. You can upgrade a monthly subscription to an annual one at any time and save on cost.
The annual subscription price for a user with an active monthly subscription is based on the number of days remaining in the paid month and the number of days remaining before your license-renewal date.
For example, if you are upgrading a team member 10 days before their monthly subscription ends and 180 days before your annual subscription ends, it will cost you $600 × (180 ÷ 365) − 75 × (10 ÷ 30) = $295.89 − $25 = $270.89.
The upgrade cancels the monthly license, and the user is added to the firm’s annual subscription.
Since the monthly subscription is user-based, you can choose to upgrade all of your team members who have monthly licenses or only some of them.
- To upgrade a specific user, navigate to Settings, select the Team & Plans tab, click on the three dots icon to the far right of the user’s name, click Upgrade to Annual Subscription, then confirm the upgrade.
If you have available annual licences, you will be offered to use it.
- To upgrade all team members with monthly subscriptions, navigate to Settings, select the Team & Plans tab, click Upgrade to Annual Subscription, then confirm the upgrade.
Transferring a License from One Team Member to Another
If you’ve changed your staff in the middle of a subscription cycle, there is no need to buy additional licenses for the new team members.
Instead, follow this procedure:
- Deactivate a team member who is no longer an employee to free up a license.
- Add new a new team member to your account and use an available annual or monthly license for them.
Note: Available annual and monthly licenses can also be used when you’re restoring team members who might have been previously deactivated.
Your annual subscription is automatically renewed after a one-year period on your subscription-renewal date. All users who are active on the upgrade date are renewed.
Monthly subscriptions are automatically renewed after each one-month period following the initial date of purchase.
If you have monthly subscription that is not linked to any team member it is automatically cancelled at the end of the period.
Reviewing Your Subscription
All information regarding your annual subscription is available in your Settings on the Team & Plans tab. Here’s what you’ll find there:
- Purchased licenses: the total number of licenses you have purchased.
- Active users: the number of team members currently active on your firm’s TaxDome account.
- Available annual licenses: Once you’ve deactivate a team member, their annual subscription becomes available to any team member you add.
- Available monthly licenses: Once you’ve deactivate a team member, their monthly subscription becomes available to any team member you add.
- Annual licenses expiration date: the day your trial or annual subscription ends.
Updating Your Credit Card Info
Your credit card details that are used to pay for your firm’s subscription and for KBA credits are stored in our secure payment processor, Stripe. If you decide to buy additional licenses, renew your annual and/or monthly licenses, or buy additional KBA credits, you don’t have to enter the credit card information again. However, you can change our billing information at any time.
- Navigate to Settings, then go to the Team & Plans tab.
- Click the UPDATE PAYMENT METHOD button, then enter your credit card details.
- Click Save.
Does TaxDome provide a W-9?
We do not perform work or provide services to the accounting firm. TaxDome sells software for which firms pay an annual fee.
This is a documented deductible expense that does not require filing of Form W-9.
How to Cancel Your TaxDome Subscription
TaxDome licenses are subscription-based and will automatically renew until canceled. If you wish to cancel your TaxDome subscription, please submit a request by email to email@example.com. Make sure to email from the email address linked to your primary user account.
Please note that we do not issue refunds and your subscription will remain active until its expiration date.