By Mary Cooper
updated about 8 hours ago
Gone are the days of desktop excel – welcome to the cloud-based client list. All the important info at your fingertips, organized and filterable. All your clients at your fingertips – documents, bills, tasks, communication & more, all integrated.
- Client List Overview
- Searching for Clients with Personal Info
- Filtering the Client List
- Sorting the Client List
- Exporting the Client List
- Understanding Client ID
- Viewing Accounts Pending Activation & Resending Invitations
Client List Overview
Clients are your greatest asset, so it’s very important to be able to manage them easily. To see all your clients, go to the Accounts tab of Clients section.
The following info is available here:
- ID. Each client has their own unique ID. To find out more on Client ID, refer to Understanding Client ID section.
- Name. The client’s first and last name.
- Bills. The total amount of the client’s invoices.
- Credits. The money available to the client for paying their future bills.
- Tasks. The number of tasks pending for the client.
- Team. Firm employees working with the client; each client can have several accountants.
- Tags. Internal labels that help with client filtering.
- Requests. Unresolved requests that were sent to the client. You can see if the requests are unread or pending.
- Last Login. The date of the client’s last login to TaxDome.
By default, you see 25 clients on one page. However, if you have a lot of clients you can decide to show 50, 100, or 250 clients by selecting the appropriate value in the Rows per page list at the bottom of the page.
Searching for Clients with Personal Info
To search for a client, type their first name, last name or email in the Search field at the top of the list, then press Enter. The client list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
Note that you can also search for clients instantly from the Sidebar. Sidebar search will work anywhere in the system.
Filtering the Client List
Filters are useful when you need to see clients that meet some particular criteria. For example, you can quickly find clients that are managed by specific team members, that have never logged in, have overdue bills/tasks, or have documents that need to be approved.
To filter your client list:
- Click on the FILTER button
- Use filtering by team members, bills status, requests status, tasks status, last login date, approvals, or tags. You can use all of the filters or just some of them.
- Click on APPLY to apply the filter.
The client list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters. You can reset any of the applied filters. Click the RESET button to clear all filters.
You can also quickly filter your client list by a tag. Click on any tag in TAGS column to see all clients with this tag applied.
Sorting the Client List
Sometimes it is more handy to sort the list rather than use the filters. It is also possible to use the sorting option along with the search and filtering functions.
Click the arrow icon next to the appropriate row to sort the list. You can sort by the client's ID, last login, or account name. Account name is usually the organization name (for non-personal accounts) or client's first and last name (for personal accounts).
Exporting the Client List
Understanding Client ID
Each client’s account in the system has its Client ID. The ID is a unique combination of two letters and one number, such as JB1 or AR2. You can see it in the client list, when selecting a client for uploading docs, adding bills, etc.
You can even search for a client using their ID.
Client ID lets you easily refer to a specific account without using common names which may be confusing. For example, one family may have separate accounts for:
Mike Smith (father)
Michael J Smith (son)
Mike & Mary Smith (parents)
Mike Smith & Sons (family business)
Mike Smith Partnership
By having a unique account IDs it makes it easy to tell apart accounts / refer to them without risk of confusion.
Besides, Client IDs are helpful for visual memorization. When you have a table of accounts, it's easier to find one account you need by its visual aid.
Client ID is created automatically when a client’s account is added to the system as described below:
- For personal accounts – from the first letter of first name + the first letter of last name + unique integer. The middle name is ignored.
- For non-personal accounts – from the first letter of account name + unique integer. If the first name and last name are filled for non-personal accounts, then Client ID is created similar to personal accounts.
Client IDs are color-coded which makes it easy to identify the client's status:
- Active – clients who have already activated their accounts.
- Inactive – clients who have not activated their accounts yet.
- Offline – clients who were added to the system without emails (no client portal).
Viewing Accounts Pending Activation & Resending Invitations
Once a client’s profile has been created, in most cases the system will send them an email requesting that they activate their account (Note that the activation emails are not sent automatically if you have disabled this option while importing the client list). Until the client activates their account and creates a password, the client’s account will be marked as Pending Activation. Go to Clients, then to Pending Activation to see which clients have yet to activate their accounts.
You may sort the Pending Activation list by the clients’ names or by the date that the invitations were sent out. Click on the arrow icons next to the NAME or the INVITE SENT columns to sort the list accordingly.
If a client’s account has been Pending Activation for a long time or you've chosen not to send the invite during clients list import, you may resend the activation invitation. Here’s how:
1. Go to Clients, then to Pending Activation.
2. Click on SEND INVITE next to the client’s name.
To resend invitations to all clients whose accounts are Pending Activation, click SEND TO ALL.