By Mary Cooper
updated 10 days ago
Gone are the days of desktop excel – welcome to the cloud-based client list. All the important info at your fingertips, organized and filterable. All your clients at your fingertips – documents, bills, tasks, communication & more, all integrated.
- Client List Overview
- Searching for Clients with Personal Info
- Filtering the Client List
- Sorting the Client List
Client List Overview
Clients are your greatest asset, so it’s very important to be able to manage them easily. To see all your clients, go to the Accounts tab of Clients section.
The following info is available here:
- ID. Each client has their own unique ID. If the ID icon is green, the client is active. If the ID icon is grey, the client is pending activation.
- Name. The client’s first and last name.
- Bills. The total amount of the client’s invoices.
- Credits. The money available to the client for paying their future bills.
- Tasks. The number of tasks pending for the client.
- Team. Firm employees working with the client; each client can have several accountants.
- Tags.Internal labels that help with client filtering.
- Requests. Unresolved requests that were sent to the client. You can see if the requests are unread or pending.
- Last Login. The date of the client’s last login to TaxDome.
By default, you see 25 clients on one page. However, if you have a lot of clients you can decide to show 50, 100, or 250 clients by selecting the appropriate value in the Rows per page list at the bottom of the page.
Searching for Clients with Personal Info
To search for a client, type their first name, last name or email in the Search field at the top of the list, then press Enter. The client list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
Note that you can also search for clients instantly from the Sidebar. Sidebar search will work anywhere in the system.
Filtering the Client List
Filters are useful when you need to see clients that meet some particular criteria. For example, you can quickly find clients that are managed by specific team members, that have never logged in, have overdue bills/tasks, or have documents that need to be approved.
To filter your client list:
- Click on the FILTER button
- Use filtering by team members, bills status, requests status, tasks status, last login date, approvals, or tags. You can use all of the filters or just some of them.
- Click on APPLY to apply the filter.
The client list will be narrowed in accordance with the specified parameters.
You can also quickly filter your client list by a tag. Click on any tag in TAGS column to see all clients with this tag applied.
Sorting the Client List
Sometimes it is more handy to sort the list rather than use the filters. It is also possible to use the sorting option along with the search and filtering functions.
Click the arrow icon next to the appropriate row to sort the list. You can sort by the client's ID, last login, or account name. Account name is usually the organization name (for non-personal accounts) or client's first and last name (for personal accounts).