Settings (Basic): Your Firm’s Setup
Promote your firm online! Add your firm’s contact information and social media links, upload your logo, customize the login page with a description and photo—and more. TaxDome gives you white-label options to show off your brand, not ours (your clients won’t even see us on your login page!).
Those settings can be changed by a firm owner or admin.
- Adding/changing your firm's contact info
- Customizing your firm's login page (photo, logo, description, social media links, website URL)
- Setting the timezone
- Configuring system-generated emails
- Selecting the default folder template
- Changing language settings
- White-labeling your TaxDome URL
- Setting up the default account access
- Setting your first invoice number
Adding/changing your firm's contact info
A completed company profile on TaxDome will benefit you in many ways:
Clients will see your firm’s contact information and social media links on their dashboard.
Your emails from TaxDome will display your logo, photo, contact details and social media links, all of which is a nice way to personalize them. Here's more on system-generated emails.
The client account and team-member login page will display your firm’s profile. (Here, you may also choose to upload a photo or log, as well as a description of your company and the services you offer.)
Your photo or firm logo will appear on your TaxDome URL, and the page can include a link to your firm's website.
To add or change your firm’s contact info:
Navigate to Settings, then select the Firm Settings tab.
Type in the info you want displayed, such as your firm’s email, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and website (if available) under Contact Details.
Customizing your firm's login page (photo, logo, description, social media links, website URL)
By default, your firm’s login page includes only your company name. You can personalize it even more by adding any of the following:
- A description of your firm
- Social media links
- A company logo
- A photo (of yourself or your team)
- A link to your website
Adding a description of your firm
The firm description is what clients and employees see on the company’s login page. Adding a description is an effective way to introduce your firm to current and future clients. This way, they immediately know they’ve come to the right place and see all the great services you offer.
To add or change your firm description:
Navigate to Settings, select the Firm Settings tab.
Write an overview of your company in the About Us field.
Uploading a photo
Your photo is shown to your clients when you use chats. You also have the option to use the firm owner photo on the firm’s login page.
To upload your photo, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings, then click the edit icon in the top right corner of the Personal Details section.
2. Click Upload Photo to add the picture of yourself, locate the image, then crop it to fit.
3. Click SAVE.
To update your photo, click the Upload New link, then upload as described above.
By default, the firm’s logo is used on the login page. To use a photo of yourself instead, navigate to Settings, then Firm Settings. Select the Show firm owner photo on the login page checkbox in the About Us section, then click SAVE.
Adding social media links
Share your social media pages for your business. Your clients will be able to see the links on your firm’s login page—and on their dashboard.
1. Navigate to Settings, then select the Firm Settings tab.
2. Type your URLs for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Instagram under Social Media Links.
3. Click SAVE.
Adding a logo
Include your logo to make things official—and finalize your profile a nice touch:
To add your logo:
1. Navigate to Settings, select the Firm Settings tab
2. Click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the Logo upload section
3. Click on the upload box and add an image of up to 1 MB with a resolution of 240x70 (JPEG, JPG, and PNG file formats are accepted).
Note! If the uploaded image has a different resolution, it will be compressed to 240x70 while preserving the aspect ratio.
4. Click SAVE CHANGES
Your logo will then be displayed at the top of the page, as well as on your login page.
To update your logo, click the trash can icon, then upload a new one as described above.
Adding a link to your website
Make sure there’s a link to your website on the login page.
To add a link to your website:
- Navigate to Settings, then select the Firm Settings tab.
- Type in the website address under Contact Details. Be sure to type “https://” before the URL to ensure that it works.
- Click Save.
Setting the time zone
Setting the time zone affects the launch time of your recurring jobs and recurring tasks, and also defines the time used in your date shortcodes. Despite changes in your actual location, the system will be still using the time zone you have set.
Daylight saving time is automatically based on your time zone setting, too.
To set the time zone, navigate to Settings, then the Firm Settings tab. You will find the time zone selector at the bottom of the International Settings block. By default, the time zone is set based on the firm address specified in the Contact Details section.
Note! Changing the time zone can change the date shortcodes and the date settings in recurring jobs and tasks.
Configuring system-generated emails
This section was moved. See here.