Sending and Receiving Emails on TaxDome
No need to use your Gmail or another third-party app while your are working—TaxDome offers its own secure integrated email. Sync your email account with TaxDome to keep all of your TaxDome business in one place and effectively enhance the back-and-forth between you and your clients.
- Sending Emails
- How Do I Know That a Client Has Sent an Email?
- Replying to Emails
- Adding Attachments
- Searching Email
You can send email several ways:
- Sending an Email Using + New
- Bulk-Sending Email From the Accounts List
- Sending Emails to Client Accounts as Automations
Send an Email Using + New
To send an email from any page of your portal, click the + NEW button in the left sidebar menu, select Email from the slide-out, choose the account, then write the email. That’s it! Click the SEND.
Note: You cannot send an email to a client whose linked contacts do not have NOTIFY toggled on (for more details, go here).
See below for more details on our message features.
Bulk-Sending Email From the Accounts List
While your inbox on TaxDome is client-specific, you may need to send the same email to lots of clients at once: for example, notify all of your clients about an upcoming deadline or an update at your firm.
The easiest way to do this is to go to the Clients section from your left sidebar menu, select the checkboxes next to the client accounts, click on the @Send Email button, then write the email or select a template. That’s it! Click Send to all.
Here, find out how to use our message features:
1. From. You can send an email on behalf of another team member by selecting their name in the From field. Note: The team member will need to have toggled on Allow others to send from my email in their TaxDome account settings.
2. Template. Select one of the email templates you’ve created. Email templates are especially useful for messages you frequently send to clients that require little to no change.
3. To. Select the client accounts. The email will be sent to all linked contacts who have NOTIFY toggled on.
4. Subject. This gets automatically filled out if you use a template.
5. Message. This gets automatically filled out if you use a template.
6. Attach file. Details about this feature below.
7 Add shortcode. Include the recipient’s name within the email.
8. Send preview to me. Click to see what the message looks like before hitting send.
9. Send to all. Send your email to all selected accounts.
- Use tags to filter an account list to specific recipients. For example, payroll clients may need to receive different emails than corporate clients.
- Email is sent from the email account you synced with TaxDome; you’ll also see it in the Email section inside the Sent tab of each recipient’s profile.
- Only 400 emails can be sent per day. If more recipients are selected, TaxDome splits the queue and sends 400 at a time. You’ll receive a notification letting you know how many days it will take to send all of them.
- Clients won’t be able to see the other recipients in the To or CC fields.
Sending Emails to Client Accounts as Automations
A Send Email automation can be set up so that an email automatically goes out to the client when one of their jobs moves to a new stage in a pipeline. To send an automated email to a client, you’ll first need a template. Once you have one, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click on the pipeline name or the CREATE PIPELINE button.
2. Choose the stage you want to link the automation to, click + Add automation, then select Create Email in the pull-down.
3. Select the template for the Send Email automation.
4. Click the SAVE button to save your changes. Once the automation is added, you can see it by going to the Edit pipeline page and clicking the automation icon above the stage.
Once a job moves to the stage in the pipeline with the S end Email automation, a pop-up with the automation is displayed. If you don’t want an automatic email to be sent, deselect the automation, then click MOVE.
How Do I Know That a Client Has Sent an Email?
Whenever a client sends a new email to your firm or replies to an existing message thread, team members who have access to their account will receive a notification in their Inbox+ . When they reply to a thread or there’s a new email in a thread, notifications are updated and anything new is moved to the top. If the thread is archived, it moves to the To Do items. To view the most recent email and respond to it, click on the Go to... link.
To access a client-specific inbox, go to Clients from the left sidebar menu, click on the client account name, then navigate to the Email tab. If there are unread emails from the client, the notification is displayed on the Email tab.
Emails are automatically threaded to prevent clutter. To view a conversation, click on the email subject line to see all replies.
Sent emails are stored inside the Sent tab.
Replying to Emails
To reply to an email:
- Click on the email to expand it, then click on the gray and green conversation icon on the right.
- Click inside the From field if you want to change the email’s sender name. Team members need to toggle on Allow others to send from my email in their TaxDome account settings to make their email addresses available.
- Click inside the To field to add additional recipients.
- Write the the email. You can use different styles, formatting, and bulleted or numbered lists.
- Click SEND. If the email was sent on behalf of another team member, a new thread is created.
There are two options for attaching files to emails sent from TaxDome:
- To add files from your computer, click ATTACH FILE, select From My Computer, then locate the file you want to upload. Learn what file types are accepted here.
- To add files from TaxDome, click ATTACH FILE, select From TaxDome, click the folder, then choose the files. You can add any files already uploaded to TaxDome from the Firm docs shared with client section.
Note: If you’re sending a message containing a file from TaxDome to a recipient who is not a TaxDome user, they will not need a login to access it. To keep the file secure, give the link an expiration date. Find out more about email attachment security.
To search for a specific message, type a keyword into the search field, then click enter on your keyboard. The email list will be narrowed to your specifications.
You can search for an email by using a client’s name or a key word from the email subject line or body.
Click the cross icon in the search field to clear the search.
Save Attachments Directly to Client Documents
To learn about saving to Client Docs, go here.