Custom Task Templates
By Mary Cooper
updated 25 days ago
You can create task templates that can be used to create new tasks, to populate existing ones, or to use with stage actions in pipelines. Task templates save time by creating commonly used sets of tasks and storing them for future use. You’ll find them especially helpful for procedures you do over and over again and for ensuring best practices.
Creating a Task Template
To create a task template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then click the CREATE TEMPLATE button.
2. Fill in the information about the task. For extra help here, see the Creating a Task article.
3. When you are done in the Create Task Template window, click the SAVE button.
Applying a Task Template
Once you have created a template, you can use it to speed up your task creation. Here’s how:
2. Click the Template list to expand it, then select your desired template.
3. Proceed with the task creation. You can now edit any task properties that were already filled in—that is, add or remove subtasks, assignees, tags, description, etc.
Note: Changes you are making to a task don’t affect the selected template.
You can also use task templates for automated task creation when a client is moved to a specific stage in a pipeline. Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click the pipeline name or click on the CREATE PIPELINE button.
2. Select the stage you want to link the action to, click + Add action in the top right corner of the Actions section, then select the Create Task action type.
3. Select a template for your automated action.
4. Click the SAVE button to save your changes.
Once a client is moved to a stage with Create Task action type, the popup with the automated actions that are going to be generated is displayed. If you don't want automatic task to be created, deselect the action, then click Move.
Editing a Task Template
To make changes to a task template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, then click on the task template name in the list.
2. Make changes to the task template, then click the SAVE button.
Deleting a Task Template
To remove a task template completely, go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, click the delete icon to the far right of the task template name, then click the DELETE button.