Here's what is covered in this section:
- Starting a Timer
- Adding a Time Entry Manually
- Managing Time Entries
- Editing Time Entries
- Deleting Time Entries
A time tracker is an absolutely necessary time management tool that can help you become more organized and efficient. There’s no need to use third-party time tracking software to get more things done, since you already have it inside your TaxDome account. With our intuitive time tracker, it’s simple to keep projects on track for all team members.
Starting a Timer
- Click the +NEW button on the Sidebar, select Time Entry, then select the client from the list. You can see the five most recent clients here. If there is no client you are searching for among them, start typing their name, ID or email. You can also change the client’s name right in the time entry creation window.
2. Add notes to describe what you’re going to work on, then click Start a new timer to begin tracking your time. The timer will be displayed at the top right of your screen. It is shown on all pages and includes time and client’s ID in our system.
3. Click the timer if you need to:
- Pause it
- Finish it
- Delete it
Adding a Time Entry Manually
Recording time entries is possible not only in real time, but also manually. While time entries in real time could be created only for you, manual time entries could be added for the other team members as well.
To add a time entry manually:
- Click the +New button on the Sidebar, select Time Entry, then select the client from the list as shown above.
2. The Assignee list shows the name of a current user. To add a time entry for the other team member, select their name from the list.
3. Select the date you or another person were working on a client’s case. By default, the current date is set.
4. Enter duration or indicate start and end time. By default, current start time is set.
5. Add notes to describe what task(s) have been done.
6. Click SAVE.
Managing Time Entries
All time entries (tracked in real time as well as added manually) can be found at Billings > Time Entries tab. Note that here you can see all time entries for all of the clients you and your team are working on. I.e. here you can see all time entries that were assigned to all team members working on your clients along with you.
In the time entries list, you’ll find the following information:
- ID – The client’s unique ID in the system.
- Name – The client for whom the time entry was created. You can click on the client’s name to instantly access their details.
- Assignee – The team member name to whom the time entry was assigned.
- Description – A brief description outlining what the team member was working on (if a note was added when the time entry was created).
- Start – The date that the time entry was started.
- End – The date the time entry was completed. If the time tracker is currently on, the In progress icon is displayed next to it.
- Duration – The duration of the time entry.
- Created by - The team member name who added the time entry.
Editing Time Entries
To make changes to the time entry, click on the ellipsis icon in the list, then click Edit.
Deleting Time Entries
To remove a completed time entry from the system, click the ellipsis icon, then click Delete.
To remove a time entry what was not finished yet, click the timer icon at the top right, then click Delete.