The TaxDome Windows application allows you to upload prepared forms and private client files directly to our system. You can print directly to TaxDome, drag files from your computer, or select whole folders to batch upload.
- Printing to TaxDome From Any Application
- Downloading and Installing the Application
- Launching and Signing in
- Uploading Client Documents
- Uploading Whole Folders
- Bulk Uploading
- Right-Clicking to Send to the TaxDome Application
- Dragging-and-Dropping Files From Windows Explorer
- Viewing Your Upload History
Printing to TaxDome from Any Application
You can print to TaxDome from any Windows application by using the Print to PDF feature. Select File, go to Print in the application of your choice, select TaxDome as the printer, and then click Print. The TaxDome application will be launched, and the document will be added to it. See Uploading Client Documents below for more on in-app uploading.
Here’s how to send a prepared form directly to TaxDome from ProSeries:
You will first need to set up TaxDome as a default printer.:
1. Go to the File menu and select Print Options.
2. Navigate to the Printer, PDF, and DMS Setup tab on the left, click Change, then select the TaxDome printer.
3. Click OK.
Now you can print your prepared documents to TaxDome.
1. Open the document you have prepared for a client, go to the File menu, then select Print.
2. In the Print This Client section, make sure the Printer checkbox is selected.
3. Click the Print button at the bottom.
Downloading and Installing the Application
1. To download the application to your computer, navigate to Settings, select Windows App, click the DOWNLOAD TAXDOME WINDOWS APP link, then save the application EXE file to the desired folder (see How to Specify Where Files Are Downloaded).
2. Double-click the application to begin the installation. Click Next to continue.
3. This step verifies whether your computer meets the prerequisites for the installation. You may need to download and install the latest version of the .NET Framework first. If this is the case, you will be redirected to the download page.
4. Choose the install location. By default, the application will be installed into
Program Files (x86)\TaxDome folder. Click Browse... if you want to change the location, then find the folder where you’d prefer to install the application. Click Install to begin installing.
5. If the application was successfully installed, you will see the Completing TaxDome Setup dialog box below. Click Finish to exit the installation.
Launching and Signing in
Once the TaxDome Windows app has been installed, you’ll be able to get to it from the Start menu. Select the Start icon, then type “TaxDome.”
To work in the TaxDome Windows application, you’ll need to sign in to your TaxDome account first.
1. Enter your firm’s TaxDome URL, email address, and TaxDome password.
2. Decide how long you would like to stay signed in. The default setting is 30 minutes, but you can increase your session up to four or eight hours.
3. Click the LOGIN button.
Please note: You will not be able to use the TaxDome Windows application until you have registered on TaxDome. You can go to our page on how to create an account with TaxDome if you need any help.
Uploading Client Documents
Uploading documents with the TaxDome Windows app is a straightforward process. And we’ve made it especially convenient when you need to upload a lot of docs from multiple clients at once.
There are several ways to upload documents to the TaxDome Windows application:
By using the NEW button
By using the bulk upload feature
By printing from any application
By Dragging-and-dropping files from Windows Explorer.
To upload a file from the TaxDome Windows app:
1. Click the NEW button, select File Upload, then locate the file(s) on your computer that you would like to upload. Permitted file types are PDF, Word, Excel, images, and ZIP archive files. For all types of files with the exception of ZIP, the maximum upload file size is 25 Mb. For ZIP archive files, the maximum upload file size is 50 Mb. For more about how the application handles ZIP archives, go here.
2. Wait for the files to uploaded, then select the client name for each from the list. You can use the quick search to find a client by first or last name.
Please note: You will not be able to select the client if the file has not yet uploaded.
3. Select the tax year for the document. If the client already has the documents for the specific year, it will be available on the list. Otherwise, click the Add Year link and enter the required year, then hit the return key. You can also select Unsorted option if you want to sort the documents later.
4. In the Select File Destination section, choose one of the following from the drop-down menu:
Firm prepared document for client: The document will be visible to the client in the Firm prepared section. Documents that are uploaded here can be locked to bills (the document will be visible to the client but not available for download until the bill has been paid) and will also prompt an approval with e-signature from the client.
Internal only File: The file will not be visible to the client. This is where you can safely store tax files and other internal team-only files.
Upload files on behalf of the client: The files will be placed into the Client Uploaded section.
5. Select the folder where you wish to upload the document. By default, the documents are saved to the main folder for the selected tax year. Click Change to select another folder. To create a new folder, click the blue folder icon, enter the folder name, then click the green checkmark to the right. Click CHOOSE.
6. Edit the file name (optional).
7. With the Firm prepared document for client option, you can turn on Lock this document to an unpaid bill to ensure you get paid for the work. When this option is turned on, the document will be visible to the client but not available to download until the linked bill has been paid. Once paid, the document is automatically unlocked. From the list, select the bill you wish to lock the document to, or click CREATE NEW BILL to create a new one, then сlick CHOOSE.
8. With the Firm prepared document for client option, the client is prompted to verify their identity by providing an e-signature as well as requested to let you know if they are satisfied with your work or desire any adjustments. If you would like to use these features, enable Request client approval? by clicking it on.
9. Add a text description of up to 150 words. While this is optional, it is helpful because it will give the client an idea of what the document includes.
10. If you want to upload more files, add the files as described above, then repeat steps 2 through 9. You can also drag-and-drop multiple files from Windows Explorer.
11. Click UPLOAD FILES to add the documents to TaxDome. You will be able to see the uploading progress. Once the files have completed loading, they will be available in the Docs tab of the client's profile.
Uploading Whole Folders
To make things go quick, the TaxDome Windows application lets you upload entire folders containing multiple client files. To add a folder, click the NEW button, select Folder Upload, then choose the desired folder. Proceed as described above. The result is the same as if you had uploaded each file inside the folder individually but way faster.
Please note the following about uploading folders:
TaxDome processes all files found in your selected folder as well as in all subfolders.
Only images, PDFs, Word, Excel, or ZIP files are kept (all other file types are discarded).
You will get to provide details for each file in your folder and subfolders.
Your folder structure is not maintained when using the folder upload function. You will need to create folders on TaxDome to organize your files. Or you can use Bulk Upload to maintain your previous folder structure.
You can’t select several folders at once. If you need to upload files from several different folders, use the UPLOAD FOLDER button again.
The Bulk Upload feature comes in handy when you have thousands of old client files in folders on your desktop and/or cloud storage. It helps you transition those files into TaxDome quickly and easily, populating the documents for your team and your clients on TaxDome.
1. Create a main folder, then create subfolders for each client using client IDs or account names as their names.
To find a client’s ID or account name, go to the Clients section. The ID is a unique combination of two letters and one number, such as JB1 or AR2.
Client's account name is what you see in the NAME column. It is usually the organization name (for non-personal accounts) or client's first and last name (for personal accounts).
2. Place each doc you need to upload to the proper client folder. You can create as many subfolders inside a client’s folder as you need. For example, Internal, Client Docs, or Firm Prepared. Permitted file types are PDF, Word, Excel, and images. The maximum upload file size is 25 Mb.
3. Click the burger button on the right, select Bulk Upload, then locate the parent folder you’ve created. The TaxDome Windows application will select the client names automatically. However, you can change any client name if needed.
3. Select the tax year for the document. If the client already has the documents for the specific year uploaded to TaxDome, it will be available on the list. Otherwise, click the Add Year link and enter the required year, then hit the return key. You can also select Unsorted option if you want to sort the documents later.
4. Select the File Destination:
Firm prepared document for client: The document will be visible to the client in the Firm prepared section. Documents uploaded here can be locked to bills (the document will be visible to the client but not available for download until the bill has been paid) and will also prompt an approval with an e-signature from the client.
Internal Only File: The file will not be visible to the client. This is where you can safely store tax files and other internal team-only files.
Upload files on behalf of the client: The file will be placed into the Client Uploaded section.
5. Click UPLOAD FILES to add your documents to the TaxDome Windows application.
You can watch the progress of the upload or minimize it ( it will continue in the background). Once the files have completed loading, you will be able to download a report. Successfully uploaded files will be available in the Docs section of each client’s profile and the folder structure maintained, excluding the parent folder and subfolders named with client IDs.
Right-Clicking to Send to TaxDome App
To send documents to the TaxDome application from File Explorer or any other file manager, right-click the file and select Send to TaxDome. Then follow the uploading procedure described in the Uploading Client Documents section above.
Dragging-and-Dropping Files From Windows Explorer
If you need to send multiple documents to the TaxDome application, you can drag-and-drop them from File Explorer or any other file manager. Then follow the uploading procedure described in the Uploading Client Documents section above.
Viewing Your Upload History
Not sure you’ve uploaded all necessary files? You can view your upload history. Click the UPLOAD HISTORY link to see the date, file name, client info, tax year, and uploading status. Click CLEAR HISTORY to delete the info. This will not lead to the deletion of your files.