TaxDome Windows Application
Our Windows application allows you to upload prepared forms and private client files directly to TaxDome. You can print to TaxDome, drag-and-drop files from your computer, or select whole folders to batch upload.
- Printing to TaxDome From Any Application
- Downloading and Installing the Application
- Launching and Signing In
- Uploading Documents
- Uploading Folders
- Bulk Uploading: Importing Multiple Documents to the TaxDome Application
- Right-Clicking to Send to the TaxDome Application
- Dragging-and-Dropping Documents From Windows Explorer
- Viewing Your Upload History
- Updating the Application
- Report an Issue in the Windows App
Printing to TaxDome From Any Application
Print to TaxDome from any Windows application by using the Print to PDF feature. Select File, go to Print in the application of your choice, select TaxDome as the printer, and then click Print. The TaxDome application will be launched and the document added. See Uploading Documents below for more on in-app uploading.
Sending a prepared form directly to TaxDome from ProSeries, Lacerte, Drake, Prosystems FX, Proconnect, etc.
You’ll first need to set up TaxDome as the destination printer.
1. Go to the File menu and select Print Options.
2. In the Print Center window, select Printer, PDF, and DMS Setup inside the Global Print Options section, click Change, then select the TaxDome printer.
3. Click OK.
Now you can print your prepared documents to TaxDome.
1. Open the document you have prepared for the client, go to the File menu, then select Print.
2. In the Print This Client section, make sure the Printer checkbox is selected.
3. Click the Print button at the bottom.
Downloading and Installing the Application
Current version: 3.32 released June 24, 2021. Compatibility: Windows 10 64-bit.
To download the TaxDome Windows application to your computer, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, click the Download Windows App link inside the Download Apps section, then save the application EXE file to the desired folder (see How to Specify Where Files Are Downloaded).
2. Double-click the application to begin the installation. Click Next to continue.
3. This step verifies whether your computer meets the requirements for the installation. You may need to download and install the latest version of the .NET Framework first. If this is the case, you’ll be redirected to the download page.
4. Choose the install location. By default, the application will be installed into the Program Files (x86)\TaxDome folder. Click Browse... if you want to change the location, then find the folder where you want to install the application. Click Install to begin installing.
5. Once the application is successfully installed, you’ll see the Completing TaxDome Setup dialog box below. Click Finish to exit the installation.
Launching and Signing In
Once the TaxDome Windows application has been installed, you’ll be able to get to it from the Start menu. Select the Start icon, then type “TaxDome.”
To work in the TaxDome Windows application, you’ll need to sign in to your TaxDome account first.
1. Enter your firm’s TaxDome URL that you chose during registration (e.g., taxesbest.taxdome.com), email address, and TaxDome password. If you’re using a custom domain, do not enter it here.
Note: You won't be able to use the TaxDome Windows application until you are registered on TaxDome. Go to our page on how to create an account with TaxDome for help.
2. Decide how long you’d like to stay signed in. The default setting is eight hours, but you can change the duration.
3. Click the LOGIN button or press enter on your keyboard.
4. If you enabled two-factor authentication to access your account, you’ll need to verify your identity by entering an authentication code. Open Google Authenticator or the verification application you use, enter the code received on your smartphone, then click VERIFY.
Note: The code in Google Authenticator changes every 30 seconds, so if TaxDome rejects it, enter the new one.
If for some reason you can’t use Google Authenticator or a similar application, click on the No access to application link to contact our support.
The TaxDome Windows application not only makes uploading easy but also allows you to import many documents from different clients at one time.
There are several ways to upload to the TaxDome Windows application:
Use the + NEW button.
Use the Bulk Upload feature.
Drag-and-drop files from Windows Explorer.
To upload files from the TaxDome Windows application:
1. Click + NEW on the left, select File Upload, then select the files.
2. Select the client account you wish to upload the files to.
3. Click UPLOAD FILES to finish uploading the documents to TaxDome.
Read about all document-uploading features in detail:
1. Account: Select the account where you wish to upload the files.
2. Select file destination: Select one of three top-level folders with different visibility/permissions. For more details, go here.
3. Directory: Select the folder in you want to upload the document. By default, documents are saved to the top-level folder. Click Change to select another folder. To create a new folder, click the blue folder icon, enter a name for the folder, click the green checkmark to the right, then сlick CHOOSE.
4. File Name: Edit the file’s name if needed.
5. Lock document to an unpaid bill: Turn on this toggle if you want the document to be visible to the client but only available for download once the linked bill is paid. When it is, the document automatically unlocks. Select the bill you wish to lock the document to from the list, or click CREATE NEW BILL to create a new one, then сlick CHOOSE. For more details, go here.
6. Request client account approval?: If you’d like to find out whether the client is satisfied with your work or wants any changes, turn on this toggle. For more details, go here.
7. Description: Edit the file’s description if needed (up to 150 characters).
8. Inform clients about upload?: Let the client know that a file has been uploaded to the Firm docs shared with client location. By default, this toggle is turned on, so that an automatic email notification goes out to them. Turn it off if you don’t want the client to receive a notification. Note: This option is available only for uploads to the Firm docs shared with client section, not to the Private or Client uploaded documents sections.
9. UPLOAD FILES: This will start the uploading process. You’ll be able to see the uploading progress. Once the files have completed loading, they’ll be available in the Documents tab of the client’s profile.
The TaxDome Windows application lets you upload entire folders containing multiple client account files. To add a folder, click the + NEW button, select Folder Upload, then choose the folder. Continue as described above. It’s the same as uploading files one by one but much faster.
When uploading folders, keep in mind that...
...TaxDome processes all files found in your selected folder as well as in all the subfolders.
...for security, TaxDome does not recognize all file types (for more details, go here).
...you can provide details for each file in your folders and subfolders.
...you can’t select several folders at once. If you need to upload files from several different folders, use the UPLOAD FOLDER button again.
Bulk Uploading: Importing Multiple Documents to the TaxDome Application
Our Bulk Upload feature is helpful when you have lots of old client files in folders on your desktop or in cloud storage. It allows you to move those documents to TaxDome quickly for both your team and clients.
When you bulk upload:
- Files are uploaded to the Private/Unsorted section. This way, you’ll be able to sort them whenever you’re ready.
- Folders on your desktop are automatically matched to TaxDome account names, so you don’t have to select clients manually.
- If a client account is missing for a desktop folder, you can quickly create a new one for it.
- Files are uploaded in the background.
To make sure your folders are paired to the proper client accounts, each folder name needs to match its corresponding TaxDome client account name or client ID.
To find a client’s ID and account name, go to the Clients section: You’ll see them in the ID and NAME columns. Client account names are either the organization’s name or the client’s first and last name.
A client ID is a unique combination of two letters and one number, such as JB1 or AR2.
2. Place each document you need to upload in the proper client folder. You can create as many subfolders inside a client’s folder as you need. The maximum upload file size is 200 Mb.
3. Click the NEW button, then select Bulk Upload. You can also right-click the TaxDome Windows Application tray icon and select Bulk Upload.
4. Locate the parent folder you’ve created. The TaxDome Windows application will select the client names automatically. However, you can change any client name. If you have folders for clients who haven’t yet been added to TaxDome, click Create New in the account list to create a TaxDome account for them.
5. Click UPLOAD FILES to add your documents to TaxDome.
You can watch the progress of the upload or minimize it (it will continue in the background). Once the files have completed loading, you’ll be able to download a report. Successfully uploaded files will be available in the Docs section of each client’s profile and the folder structure maintained, excluding the parent folder and subfolders named with account names and IDs.
Right-Clicking to Send to the TaxDome Application
To send documents to the TaxDome application from File Explorer or any other file manager, right-click the file and select Send to TaxDome. Then follow the uploading procedure described above in the Uploading Documents section.
Dragging-and-Dropping Documents From Windows Explorer
If you need to upload multiple documents to the TaxDome application, dragging-and-dropping them from File Explorer or any other file manager is yet another option. Follow the uploading procedure described in Uploading Documents above.
Viewing Your Upload History
Not sure you’ve uploaded all necessary files? View your upload history to find out. Click the UPLOAD HISTORY link to see the date, file name, client info, and uploading status. Click CLEAR HISTORY to delete the info (this will not delete your files).
Updating the Application
We regularly provide new versions of the TaxDome desktop application to release new features and fix any bugs. We recommend always upgrading to the latest version.
As soon as we release a new version, you’ll receive a notification about it, telling you what has changed. Click the YES, RESTART & UPDATE button to download and install it.
You can always check which version you’re currently running by clicking the three vertical dots on the top right and selecting About in the pull-down.