Custom Email Templates
By Mary Cooper
updated 6 days ago
Email templates save time: You will have a message you send out frequently to clients already completed without having to change much except for the name of the recipient. You can also add an email template as a stage action, an automatic step to complete, in a pipeline—an established work procedure: For example, this specific email should go out to the client when I’m done with this particular part of my work. Having email templates at the ready speeds up the sales process, optimizes engagement, and is helpful not just to you but to your entire team.
- Creating an Email Template
- Applying an Email Template
- Editing an Email Template
- Deleting an Email Template
Creating an Email Template
To create an email template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Emails, then click the CREATE TEMPLATE button.
2. Enter a name for the template. This is what you will see when selecting it.
3. Select the name of the sender of the message. This is what the recipient will see in the From field.
4. Specify the subject, then write the body of the message. You can use different fonts, apply formatting, and add bullets or numbered lists to the message. Click on ADD SHORTCODE to include dynamic data points within your email. These help add a personal touch to the emails sent automatically. Specifically, you can add the client’s first and/or last name. Don’t forget to include a space between the two shortcodes.
5. When you are done in the Create Email Template window, click the CREATE button.
Applying an Email Template
Once you have created a template, you can use it to send an automated message when a client has been moved to a new stage in a pipeline. Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click on the pipeline name or the CREATE PIPELINE button.
2. Select the stage you want to link the action to, click + Add action in the top right corner of the Actions section, then select Create Email in the pull-down menu.
3. Select the template for the automated action.
4. Click the SAVE button to save your changes.
Once a client is moved to a new stage in a pipeline when you click Create Email, a popup with the automated action is displayed. If you don’t want the automatic email to be sent, deselect the action, then click Move.
Editing an Email Template
To make changes to an email template, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Emails, then click on the email template name in the list.
2. Make changes to the email template, then click the SAVE button.
Deleting an Email Template
To remove an email template completely, go to Settings in your left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, go to Emails, click the delete icon to the far right of the email template name, then click the DELETE button.